Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Don't Leave Your Garage Open around SLC

This happened in Cottonwood Heights, dfinn had a bike stolen out of our garage in the same neighborhood a couple years back.

Driving home from work today, got into my neighborhood and noticed a guy get dropped off on the side of the street. He looked a bit out of place, but I didn't think too much of it until I saw his buddy pull a U-turn and drive back past him. Right then I knew they were up to something, so I turned around and waited in a cul-de-sac just up from where the out of place dude was walking down the sidewalk. Sure enough, dude ducks into an open garage and comes out riding a Rocky Mountain Element. At that point I wasn't sure what to do, I was thinking about driving up to him and confronting him, but figured that probably wasn't the best course of action. I drove down the street past the waiting truck and memorized the plate number. I was just thinking I would call it in and report what I saw, although it would be nice to actually catch them in the act.

Well as luck would have it the bike thieves pulled into a business down the street from my neighborhood. I just happened to spot them as I was driving by while I was on the phone with 911. The 911 dispatcher directed a couple police cars to that address. As I was driving by again the cops pulled in, drew on the suspects and pulled them out of the truck. The dispatcher hung up and told me an officer would be in contact. I drove back to the house which was the scene of the theft and saw the bike owner standing in his garage looking confused. I explained what happened and got a call from the arresting officer asking for us to come by the business where the suspects truck was sitting. The bike owner identified the bike, I filled out a police report, that was that. Would have been better if I go-pro'd it, but pretty happy with how things turned out.

FUCK BIKE THIEVES!

Nice work!
    Way to be looking out.
    Great outcome.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hell yeah man!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Well done, sir.

Where in Cottonwood Heights, if you don't mind me asking? I was right off of Bengal for a while and I was always up-and-down about what the right amount of paranoia should have been around there.

Jtru just filled his karma bank for life. Nice work mang.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Well done, sir.

Where in Cottonwood Heights, if you don't mind me asking? I was right off of Bengal for a while and I was always up-and-down about what the right amount of paranoia should have been around there.

Neighborhood near 7200 S and Highland

shit that is right by my house. Have been locking the car doors regliously since a local report on cars being stolen from CH neighborhoods. Garage is not locked right now. will be tonight.

Bravo J TRUE. keep on keeping on the neighborhood watch.

Hold on a minute...I am supposed to close the garage door? Like daily or what?

Fuck need to rush home from work to actually close and lock my garage door.

Good going JTrue, and yes fuck bike thieves.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    strong work mcgruffin the scum
    the old lady lost her mt bike out of the duplex garage on ft union in comptonwood heights 1st year we moved out here.
    hopefully the criminal system elicits enough of a bite those chunderfucks see the light
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Solid!!!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Fuck yes! Nice work.

Did their vehicle happen to be an older suburban kind of thing? One of those was spotted in my hood the night that shit got taken out of our car.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Fuck yes! Nice work.

Did their vehicle happen to be an older suburban kind of thing? One of those was spotted in my hood the night that
    shit got taken out of our car.
    Nah, newer yellow F-150 FX4

fuck yeah, nice work

I thought this was going to be another "bikes stolen" thread, glad it was different, nice work!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good work!!
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Well done!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Solid work J.

Right on man!!
    Probably heroin addicts, unbelievable how rampant that stuff is in the burbs here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Its rampant everywhere... Its really too bad for kids my age. Skiing is my drug.

yeahh, nice work JTrue, way to sic the fuzz on 'em, bike thieves suck!

Just can't trust those fuckin Mo Mos. They'll screw you every time.

Well played. Seems like it worked out way better than if you'd tried to get all Chuck Norris on them. Playin by the rules FTW.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Nah, newer yellow F-150 FX4
    Inconspicuous...

Nobody ever said criminals were smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yeah, nice choice of getaway vehicle. Retarts.

Fuck I was thinking your bike was stolen, glad to hear that wasn't the case and you're riding it down south right now.

Fuckin solid work Jason! Between this and you guys getting Dan's bike (that is downstairs as I type) back, you guys are killing it against the thieves.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air