Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I want everyone to know how much your support means to my wife and I I am already making plans for turns this winter and am going to try to get back on the mtn bike tomorrow
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

You got this man, been following the blog and saw you out at the horse last winter. Look forward to hearing about fresh pow turns this winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    I want everyone to know how much your support means to my wife and I I am already making plans for turns this winter and am going to try to get back on the mtn bike tomorrow
    I don't know what to say other than FKNA, keep on keeping on dude!
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

you rock Gripen!! #livelikegripen

Keep shredding dude!

Damn man, sorry to hear the news. Been inspired to read about your journey back and inspired again to see your determination on biking and skiing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    What I said. You go, Gripen.

Cancer fucking sucks.
    Quoted for the fucking truth bot give con up still need back on snow everyone's support help my 2 ife and I so much

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    What I said. You go, Gripen.

Cancer fucking sucks.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Power and strength to both of you. Look forward to pics of you sliding on snow.

I want everyone to know
    your words of suoopport mean to my wife and I I am fighting hard and looking forward to turns soon .I'm fighting as hard as I know how my little brother is viggen on here please show him some support

-The Gylfaginning

Stay strong - thoughts and prayers to you - and, your whole family . . .

Gripen, my one and only hope for this season is that you make plenty of turns.

All our troubles disappear, even for a little while, when we are on skis or a board floating through the pow.

Let's lighten the mood for a minute and get some Gripen Stoke rolling. Anyone else have any? Any Maggot camp photos still around from a few years back?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0617ALine_JAM052.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	159512
    Slaying A-line as a blind man last summer!

Name:	christmas 09 060.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	159513
    Nothing like a beer with the brother on the deck in the sunshine in Whitefish (yes, the sun does shine occasionally during the winter)

Name:	Golden, BC, 4.1-4 (61).jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	159514
    Nothing like a good hike at the Horse, heading out to T3 if i remember correctly

Name:	IMG_0545.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	159515
    End of the road, Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park

Name:	spencer 8.21 009.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	159516
    Rocking it on Spooky Petes in Whitefish

Name:	Thanksgiving 2010 (4).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	926.5 KB 
ID:	159517
    Early Season Hike up the Big with Dad on thanksgiving

Name:	n505582092_23543_9665.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	159518
    Basking in the glory of one of the best runs we ever shared, Davos, Switzerland

Name:	christmas 09 110.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	159519
    What can you say other than pretty damned stoked!

Love you more than anything big bro, Lets make this happen again!

I want everyone to know how much your support means to us all I'm still fighting as hard as I can and will be sliding on snow this winter

-The Gylfaginning

Posting this up for Gripen. We got around to updating the blog.

http://ejskis.wordpress.com/2014/10/...-to-struggles/

Vibes buddy. I'm thinking about you. Hope you're back at it soon.

By the way... love the pics Viggen, and where you're taking this.

I don't have any pics to share from the weekend but I'll share some verbal stoke by saying how much I enjoyed myself and Gripen's coaching at the "Campetition" a few local mags arrangeed at Kickinghorse a few years back that Gripen was leading us on. A solid ripper and super solid dude who always has a smile on his face! Truly an inspiration!!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but perhaps you should check into coming to CO to get this CBD concentrate I've read about, it's supposed to have anti-cancer properties. I believe the treatment I read about costs $1100.00 or so. Another thing to look into is Mycomedicinals, the Chinese have used mushrooms for thousands of years for a plethora of ailments. Google can show you more, but here's a couple of CBD links. Besides,at the very least there's the pain management angle, & maybe you can get some skiing in with some CO mags at the same time!

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk....idence-so-far/
    Calmer than you dude

Hey Gripen,
    All the best man! I've been following your story as well. It is an inspiration. I had to deal with cancer a few years ago with my Mom. IT's been said here a bunch already....but cancer fucking sucks. And a solid FUCK YOU CANCER!

I had a great time at the "campetition" a few years back. You were confidence inspiring and still are man. Thanks for that! Hoping you get after it this winter. Looking forward to your stoke!

update from Ethans facebook page.

Hello to all. It is Adam, Ethan's little brother. I wanted to get an update out to everyone on Ethan's condition. Figured this would be the best way. Ethan's condition has worsened and he has been in Hospice care here at his home in Canmore. He is not able to view Facebook or effectively use any devices at this point including the phone, but if you would like to write messages to him, feel free to send via PM and we will read them to him. With all this social media, it is hard to keep everything and everyone informed, but My parents have a Carepage set up for him that is the most up to date. head to Carepages.com and search for Montanaskiguy (you will have to create an account to access his page)

God dammit. I'm really sorry for everyone involved.
    Gripen recovery fund was the only one I was able to donate to and got some sweet although a bit scary 190 squaretail exploders out of the deal.
    I hope I'm not a bad look charm.
    I hope he's comfortable and had all his family around. :'(
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    update from Ethans facebook page.

Hello to all. It is Adam, Ethan's little brother. I wanted to get an update out to everyone on Ethan's condition. Figured this would be the best way. Ethan's condition has worsened and he has been in Hospice care here at his home in Canmore. He is not able to view Facebook or effectively use any devices at this point including the phone, but if you would like to write messages to him, feel free to send via PM and we will read them to him. With all this social media, it is hard to keep everything and everyone informed, but My parents have a Carepage set up for him that is the most up to date. head to Carepages.com and search for Montanaskiguy (you will have to create an account to access his page)
    God Dammit! I have been cheering for and admiring Ethan's willpower through all this. Sad to hear it is getting tough. Safe journeys my friend.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Damn. Was wondering how he was doing. Pulling harder for him now. Kids a fighter

we're rooting for ya, guy.

Mtnlion, thanks for posting the update. It is difficult to keep everything up to date these days. Ethan has always and continues to appreciate the support this community is capable of.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Aw shit