Thread: Alpride Airbags

Alpride Airbags

Searched, found nothing??

http://www.wildsnow.com/12044/airbag...e-lightweight/

This is looking really good!
    I've always liked the features and design of the Scott backpack with the RAS system, now they have this and it is really light!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    [...] it is really light!
    According to the exchange so far in the comments section, the new Scott system is no lighter than the lightest traditional system airbags.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Got one from a buddy a couple days ago, sweet system built into a nice bag. Need to find cartridges, anybody know where?

Bentgate has em, 35 a pop.

I just got the 40L version. Really nice backpack, comfy fit also with weight.
    The only thing I dont like is the ice axe system. The top connection is really thin elastic cord and no clip. I have a simple and cheap upgrade in mind and maybe I'll built in a system like on the Lowe Alpine alpine attack packs. That way its easier to carry two axes. Now one fits loose and two wont fit.
    For the rest this pack has everything I wanted. Side entry zipper, A-frame carry and diagonal, also has some nice interior pockets to organise things in the large compartment and avy pocket.
    Note for 40L buyers: the 40L doesnt have a hollow shoulder strap with zipper on the right side. The 30L version does. You can switch side for the trigger and put your camelbag through the other side. There is no option for that on the 40L.
    The airbag system itself is very easy.

Any updates that people have with these packs throughout the season? Considering either the AP30 or AP22. I could not justify the weight and cost of an airbag pack before but the cost is starting to come down throughout the season and am really liking the looks of these two. Love the cartridge system as well. Wondering how they have held up being a first year release for the users that have logged some days with them.

I've the Scott Freeride 22 avy pack with the Alpride system (yellow). Up to now no problems. Good backpack in contrast to ABS. Weights app. 100 g more then the lightest ABS (Powder line with 5 or 8 l pack). We have both so I can compare. I couldn't ride the ABS without back protector for the whole day, with the Scott I don't need it. The system is quite simple and worked fine on test deployment . Can fully recommend it. With carbon gas cylinders (I hope they will do it sometime) it will be the shit.