Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBe View Post
    I think it's ironic that 98% of you don't even live in Utah. If you did you might not sound like the complete douche's you do. We have a saying around here. It goes......You don't shit in my backyard and I won't shit in yours. Problem around here is too many people who could give a shit about our mtns and our peoples have too big of say when it comes to those two things. You are all case in point.

Powdergoat. The only thing worse than some fucking tourists telling us what's best for our mtns is some douche who comes here for the winter, shits in our backyard then leaves. What's the saying.....Tribe Up.

Fact of the matter is Alta is a beautiful hill at the top of one of the most beautiful canyons in the world. It accesses some of the best BC terrain in the state. Currently Alta has used it's profits from leasing FS land to buy up surrounding private mining claims and has plans to expand into what is probably the most heavily publicly used part of the Wasatch. Access is important, whether it's access to a beach, a climbing spot, or a mountain. Now, if you stupid heads lived here you would fucking know that.
    This post is relevant to this thread?

Powdergoat. The only thing worse than some fucking tourists telling us what's best for our mtns is some douche who comes here for the winter, shits in our backyard then leaves..
    Whatever u say princess...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I think it's ironic that 98% of you don't even live in Utah. If you did you might not sound like the complete douche's you do. We have a saying around here. It goes......You don't shit in my backyard and I won't shit in yours. Problem around here is too many people who could give a shit about our mtns and our peoples have too big of say when it comes to those two things. You are all case in point.

Powdergoat. The only thing worse than some fucking tourists telling us what's best for our mtns is some douche who comes here for the winter, shits in our backyard then leaves. What's the saying.....Tribe Up.

Fact of the matter is Alta is a beautiful hill at the top of one of the most beautiful canyons in the world. It accesses some of the best BC terrain in the state. Currently Alta has used it's profits from leasing FS land to buy up surrounding private mining claims and has plans to expand into what is probably the most heavily publicly used part of the Wasatch. Access is important, whether it's access to a beach, a climbing spot, or a mountain. Now, if you stupid heads lived here you would fucking know that.
    Some questions here:
    1. Is your brand of "complete douche" better than the others?
    2. Why do Utard locals go around shitting in each others' back yard? Don't you have indoor plumbing.
    3. Alta is locally owned, no? So are outsiders fucking the place up, or the locals?
    4. Do you have a point buried somewhere in your inchoate diatribe?

This is exactly what a shit for brains idiot would claim as being the truth of the matter.
    Douchebag Bitches like you are the true Racists
    Your backyard stinks because you're full of shit
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

You lost when Alta modeled its revenue stream around catering to those "tourists". That said, if they wanted to make it a "locals only" hill, I would respect that - after all its their business and if I really wanted to taste the manna, I could always move to SLC. Just like people who choose to use a snowboard can walk over to DPH and slap on some skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

I miss real bumps, you remember? the ones made by 200+cm skis? they made pulling 3s on the 180 lib easy
    I so wanna poach it before all the 155s kill'em
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I think it's ironic that 98% of you don't even live in Utah. If you did you might not sound like the complete douche's you do. We have a saying around here. It goes......You don't shit in my backyard and I won't shit in yours...
    Now, if you stupid heads lived here you would fucking know that.
    I'll play. I lived in SLC for almost 10 yrs. Salt Lake is a fucking strip mall, crown burger fast food landscape of a city and the locals don't really ski. 90% of Utah ski "locals" came from somewhere else. Most people living up the canyon are 19-20 yr old dishwashers from New England or Michigan. Sandy is a white bread momo suburban hell full of neighbors waiting to narc you out if they see any sort of smoke emanating from your house.

While Alta pow is world class, the terrain is pretty limited. 4-5 turns and traverse. Gets bumped out in the blink of an eye. You could be in tits deep pow and still getting core shots on rocks. Avalanche danger makes the real big mtn terrain one big cock tease.

I hear ya chirpin bro, but Alta ain't worth a lawsuit to go shred. Hit up Mt. Baker if you want to schralp balls deep pow in schfincter tightening terrain with your fellow snowboard brethren.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

all that awesome skiing in washington and still an axe to grind. lol

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    made me laugh and surprisided he hung a whoppin "about" 8 years more than ROJ
    sounds like he skied about the same terrain too.
    lack of snatch?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

http://instagram.com/p/jxH7Mmqi_j/

it sucks so bad that jeremy jones bought a bird pass yesterday!!!!!!!!

^ my roommate came home talking about that. Free media pass(es)

Alta may be the most controversial piece of land in the USA.

Why ?

-no swimming
    -no dog
    -no snowmobile
    -no building due to control of water
    -no hot tub unless on sewer
    -no voters due to no residents
    -no snowboarders
    -no walking on vegetation
    -no going outside at certain times
    -no driving for groceries at certain times
    -no 2 wheel drive cars

The real discrimination seems to be against swimmers. Nearly everyone has the ability to put a foot in a lake but there nobody has the right because your toe jam makes the water harder to clean (never mind the oil in run off from lcc drive exploding engines)
    People are stripped of many rights for many reasons and soory snowboarders yer just a drop in the bucket...

Did I forget to mention....forget to mention all taking place on everyone's land

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    all that awesome skiing in washington and still an axe to grind. lol
    Who lives in Washington?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    Did I forget to mention....forget to mention all taking place on everyone's land
    Which is really damn ironic because the reason the USFS owns/manages most of the land at Alta is because George Watson donated it to the federal government in the 1930's. It was this act that ultimately allowed the ski area to be formed.

If George Watson hadn't bought the mining claims at the Top of LCC and then turned them over to the feds, we wouldn't be having this discussion. There'd be one big fat open pit strip mine up there right now (which some of you make Alta out to be right now....)
    This is the worst pain EVER!

...meanwhile over at the future snowbird ted johnson had the good sense to buy everything he could resulting in the longest ski season in utah!!!!!!!

if they can keep the boarders from traversing cross lane so much,they would be welcome...but I predict disaster city, for boarders learnin the terrain!...skiin off-line at alta can get u run over way fast.And,boarders get bogged in traverse..wo, high speed skiers, dirt,lookout!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

This thread just faded away and its so entertaining
    I miss the heated debates

"Shane, come back Shane"
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

agreed, where is the love/hate fest?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    This thread just faded away and its so entertaining
    I miss the heated debates

"Shane, come back Shane"
    Why bump the thread if you don't have anything to add?

In late June Alta asked US District judge to summarily dismiss the suit
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=30452977

Will be entertaining to see the reaction to the ruling

Any new news on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Any new news on this?
    The suit was dismissed. Evidently the judge didn't think snowboarders are a protected class. He said, "Hey dudes, just throw on some skis!" Or something like that.

The fight will go on. The Lienes will subcontract through ISIS now that legal channels are proving unproductive.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^just so ya knows bro
    i'm extendin that offer of the use of ski gear for another season
    but ya could just keep fightin the good fight smokin the tareytons
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Knuckledraggers sue Alta

Thank ye sir, good chance I'll take you up on that this yr.