Fischer vacuum tech AT boot? Anyone with more info?

Hi,
    came across this:
    http://friflyt.no/Ski/Vakuumtilpasset-randostoevel

Rough translation:
    Fischer is serious about their AT line. Now the Austrian ski maker is using its Vacuum techology in their AT boots "Transalp". The product seems well put together, with 3 light buckles, original tech-inserts, 60 deg cuff movement and a superlight paulau liner in the top of the line model.
    2 models, for both men and women. Weight given to 1550g. Some dribble about the vacuumtechnology

Norwegian price estimated to 7000nkr molding included ($1140, roughly the price point of the Dynafit Mercury EDIT:in Norway)

Have weird feet and looking for accomodative AT boots, this might be it. Launches fall 2014 according to the article.
    Any maggots with some more intel?
    Last edited by henrikh; 01-15-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: correcting stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by henrikh View Post
    ($1140, roughly the price point of the Dynafit mercury)
    Mercury MSRP is $799

Ment to say price point of the Mercury in Norway- corrected 1. post

Looks nice...anything about flex? What niche is it for? Is it a Vulcan? Or a TLT? Or a Mercury?

Doesnt say in the article.
    In the video he adds that its built on a 102mm last, and they have tried to make the heel lower in the shell (taking out some ramp angle of dfit bindings maybe?). They also have the soma-tec stance apparantly

I stuffed my foot in a pair. Pretty nice. Flex is somewhere between the Dynafit One and the Dynafit Mercury. Very smooth. Felt like plenty of stiffness for touring, not a beef boot though.

Honestly much better finished than Dynafit boots. Good buckle closure, lots of adjustability, nice walk/ski lever.

Two models, this is the light weight version. The stiffer version has beefier plastic, more supportive powerstrap and AN ULTRALON (Ala Intuition.) FOAM liner! (Not sure if the liner is made by intuition or just uses the same brand of foam... they are nice supportive liners though.)

Dynafit certified inserts too!

Major downside is they will only be selling to retailers willing to bring in the Vacuum molding system into their shop, so we may only see them in Alpine shops for a little while.

Leavenworth Skier...did you stuff your foot in the lightweight version or the stiffer version?

Nevermind. Late night brain fart.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 01-16-2014 at 10:15 AM.

The vacuum concept obviously fits well with an overlap boot. Just curious about a cabrio boot, looks less intuitive. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The stiffer version has beefier plastic, more supportive powerstrap and AN ULTRALON (Ala Intuition.) FOAM liner! (Not sure if the liner is made by intuition or just uses the same brand of foam... they are nice supportive liners though.)

Dynafit certified inserts too!
    I notice the liners in this pic are palau, maybe some people like em but they have been underwhelming for me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Photo seems to show:
    Rockered Vibram sole
    No cuff canting adjustment
    Micro-adjustable buckles
    Single walk mode lever
    Rear spoiler (removable?)
    Underfoot stirrup notch. Good for gaiters and sled necks.
    Likely no under-toe AFD plate. (i.e.: not embracing WTR style sole)
    Traditional power strap
    Cabrio tongue (removable? swapable?)

Any other observations?

Interesting to note these are are built in Dynafit's boot factory. I have not had my hands on a pair yet, but I am psyched to see these. I like the 3 buckle design even on the stiffer boot. Solid, but should not over-boot skinny lightweight skis.

anyone get to check these out yet?

Koflach Valluga 2.0