Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Bullshit. You even deleted the thread you started on Jay's page after the locals called you out. Who the fuck cares if the west gets more snow? Go back to skiing Vail, fucktard.
    Called me out on what? Just hurling insults and smart ass remarks. Kind of expected. Watch the video of snowboarders going to alta. That's basically the type of people like you that act the way you do.(the crazy skier's at alta) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWDMAEYe5c Just mean nasty people. Elitist that hurls insults at people from lift chair and tend to be in a lot of these ski forumts. I don't like these people. Of course everyone who goes to alta is not like that. They cherry picked the wacko's. There's one valid reason for banning snowboarders at alta. They destroy powder more than ski's with their big boards. That's it.

A lot of the "locals" in vt have a "ego" about how much snow their "home turf" gets. It's like saying the ec gets less snow than west. Obviously True, but they you'll have the "core" people coming out trying to say how the east is more technical and all kinds of other b.s. I've even heard people arguing how the pocono's require you to do be a better skier than VT. Lots of people don't care about technical and just want to have fun in the powder. Sort of like how every mother thinks her child is good looking. I'm just giving an honest evaluation of a ski area's snow totals. There's a reason vermont is known for ice and alta for powder. This is just common sense. You can have a powder day in poconos'. It's all about averages. Of course vt gets powder, but not nearly as much as out west.
    You have the maturity level of a 12 year old. Keep getting all worked up. I'm perfectly calm. It's honestly such a silly thing to get so upset about. You'd think I were talking religion or 9/11. Talking about snowfall averages....LOL

I'm calling out jay peak on snowfall numbers. I don't see the relevance of where I'm from, if I ski or snowboard, how good I am or any other such nonsense. You can have a great time skiing jay peak or quite frankly mount snow on a powder day Hell like I said the pocono's have powder days once in a while. I'm simply giving data that goes against what jay peak claims. Of course ski area's never exaggerate snowfall or conditions.....sure. Anyway this is my last post to you since I don't feel like arguing.
    Last edited by Snowmaggedon; 01-26-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Everyone knows that resorts inflate numbers. Funny how some people take it apon themselves to "inform" others. Are you a meteorologist? Are you familiar with the topography in Vermont, and more specifically up at jay that leads to the higher amounts of snowfall that they do get (even if it might not be quite as high as they say). Just let people figure it out for themselves.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmaggedon View Post
    blah blah blah
    drivel blah...........

Anyway this is my last post
    cool had ya at 12 to many already
    Last edited by skifishbum; 01-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by coldtoes View Post
    Everyone knows that resorts inflate numbers. Funny how some people take it apon themselves to "inform" others. Are you a meteorologist? Are you familiar with the topography in Vermont, and more specifically up at jay that leads to the higher amounts of snowfall that they do get (even if it might not be quite as high as they say). Just let people figure it out for themselves.
    No that's not true.
    Alta doesn't inflate their numbers. Wolf creek doesn't inflate. Mt baker doesn't inflate. Mount snow doesn't inflate. Snow ridge, ny doesn't inflate. There's plenty of areas that tell the truth. Of course some lie. In this day of internet age, resorts should be called out when they inflate grossly.
    The jay cloud is a marketing term. " That was until Fall 2008, when the proverbial cat was let out of the bag. Jay Peak Resort unveiled a new pre-ski-season promotional video, and there, for all the world to see, was the claim: the Jay Cloud.
    The video quotes skier after skier, each seemingly kneeling at the altar of the Jay Cloud: The snow here at Jay rivals what you find at Utah, Lake Tahoe, other renowned places for powder… I’ve never had as deep a day… It’s the snow that brought us here, and the snow that keeps us here… Some say we owe it to luck, or fate, but we know it’s the mythical Jay Cloud… A lot of people talk about it, and it’s true… I’ve had so many good powder days here, it’s remarkable…"
    You couldn't write better stuff than this. lol
    Jay peak is a mega resort now. In it for the $$.

http://vtsports.com/the-jay-cloud-fact-or-fiction

Jay peak is farthest north mountain in vt so it can snow there while it rains farther south at mount snow/killington ect. It has a good orientation for upslope effect, but that is not unique to jay peak. All the mountains get upslope effect and certainly mansfield.

From nws:

“Jay Peak isn’t a singular entity—the same effect happens on other peaks. But that’s the magic of the mountains. They can pull out the little bit of moisture that’s left in the air and turn it into clouds and snow.” Just take a look at the NWS’s snow depth observation stations at Jay and Smugglers’ Notch for the proof. On any given day, Mount Mansfield might edge out Jay Peak… or not.

So we have a reading of 225 average at around 4000 feet at mansfield. Mansfield is NOT southern vt. It also has really good orienation.

Snowfall drops as you go down. Proper ski area measurement is mid elevation. Where does 375 come from? A little better orientation? Give me a break. It's absurd and I'll call them out for it. NWS wouldn't touch that claim with a 10 foot pole. Notice he never confirms it. Just say good orientation. lol We are not talking a little difference here. This is enormous difference between nws stations and what resort claims. Hell stowe claims 330. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    cool had ya at 9 to many already
    It was a while ago. I forgot. lol

Who cares.. The deepest snow I've ever skied in the NE was at Jay and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that. Fuck your blog..

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimberx15 View Post
    Who cares.. The deepest snow I've ever skied in the NE was at Jay and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that. Fuck your blog..
    And that proves what? That deepest snow you ever skied was at jay on the east coat? Jay with a true average snowfall of 210-250 inches is one of snowiest area's on ec so that's expected
    Another scientifically intelligent reply. You really got me...."fuck my blog".

LOL

Oye Vey! Is this dumb-ass conversation still going on?

Not speaking for me personally, but you should realize that no one here cares. They just think you're a douche.

I'll feed it.

I've never skied Jay, so can't comment on that front. But having skied Stowe and Smuggs the difference in snow fall amounts between high and low elevations is pretty significant.

Last weekend at Smuggs there were bare spots in the woods around the base. At the top by Sterling pond there was an area with about 8" of fresh snow on top of a glacial layer of at least 6" (I dug into it that far and said fuck it, so I never did get to the ground).

That same scenario also applies to Mansfield and I don't see why Jay would be any different. I can't tell you why, but it just works out that way.

Called me out on what? Just hurling insults and smart ass remarks. Kind of expected. Watch the video of snowboarders going to alta. That's basically the type of people like you that act the way you do.(the crazy skier's at alta) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWDMAEYe5c Just mean nasty people. Elitist that hurls insults at people from lift chair and tend to be in a lot of these ski forumts. I don't like these people. Of course everyone who goes to alta is not like that. They cherry picked the wacko's. There's one valid reason for banning snowboarders at alta. They destroy powder more than ski's with their big boards. That's it.

A lot of the "locals" in vt have a "ego" about how much snow their "home turf" gets. It's like saying the ec gets less snow than west. Obviously True, but they you'll have the "core" people coming out trying to say how the east is more technical and all kinds of other b.s. I've even heard people arguing how the pocono's require you to do be a better skier than VT. Lots of people don't care about technical and just want to have fun in the powder. Sort of like how every mother thinks her child is good looking. I'm just giving an honest evaluation of a ski area's snow totals. There's a reason vermont is known for ice and alta for powder. This is just common sense. You can have a powder day in poconos'. It's all about averages. Of course vt gets powder, but not nearly as much as out west.
    You have the maturity level of a 12 year old. Keep getting all worked up. I'm perfectly calm. It's honestly such a silly thing to get so upset about. You'd think I were talking religion or 9/11. Talking about snowfall averages....LOL

I'm calling out jay peak on snowfall numbers. I don't see the relevance of where I'm from, if I ski or snowboard, how good I am or any other such nonsense. You can have a great time skiing jay peak or quite frankly mount snow on a powder day Hell like I said the pocono's have powder days once in a while. I'm simply giving data that goes against what jay peak claims. Of course ski area's never exaggerate snowfall or conditions.....sure. Anyway this is my last post to you since I don't feel like arguing.
    You forget to take your Ritalin today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I'm just giving an honest evaluation of a ski area's snow totals.
    No, you're not. You are trolling the fb pages of Jay and stowe (for some odd reason) trying to drive people to your blog. "Ricardo Snowman", really? If you were really trying to be analytical about the snowfall amounts up here, you would have used more sources than just the NWS data.

"Elevation induced" doesn't stop once you get to 3000 feet.

"Ricardo Snowman", really?
    At least he didn't call himself Carlos Danger.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

No, you're not. You are trolling the fb pages of Jay and stowe (for some odd reason) trying to drive people to your blog. "Ricardo Snowman", really? If you were really trying to be analytical about the snowfall amounts up here, you would have used more sources than just the NWS data.
    QFT -- OP's whole argument rests on the Mansfield snow-stake vs. Jay's "inflated numbers." Had he done even a smidgen of honest research into the discrepancy he would have realized that his questions had already been answered: And yes, Jay picks the more favorable data, but that's not the whole story: From http://bestsnow.net/ (follow the link for their table):

Snow reporting is not an exact science. The Mansfield Stake measurements in this table (**) are taken from the WCAX-TV transmitter on Mt. Mansfield. They are comprehensive and independent, and the WCAX daily records since 1982 allow me greater understanding of eastern weather as I do not ski there very often. However, WCAX takes daily measurements at 4PM vs. the general weather station practice of measuring around 6AM and also measures new snow in a container vs. on a snow board. These factors explain the lower snowfall measurements vs. the Stowe and Smuggler's Notch ski areas. Jay since 2000 measures 2 locations and only quotes the higher during ski season. The average of higher and lower figures (still highest in the East) is more consistent with Jay's historical data and is used here for recent seasons in computing long-term stats. I make a similar adjustment to Kirkwood's data in California.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Quote Originally Posted by bl2000 View Post
    At least he didn't call himself Carlos Danger.
    Is Pedro Choking Hazard taken?
    "Now, if any of you homos touch me...and I'll kill ya." - Private Francis Soyer