Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

True snowfall numbers for jay peak

http://ecsnow.ucoz.com/index/0-2

Interesting discussion of actual jay peak snowfall numbers compared to what the resort is claiming.

Very interesting. I'll assume this being your first post and all that this is your blog?

Yes and more updates to come on my site.

so you are plugging your blog???

GTFO or naked pictures of girlfriend/wife/sister!

Sweet blog dude. Are you the gaper from CT that started a bullshit thread on Jay's FB page, bitching about their snowfall totals? At least learn how to spell, ferchristsakes.

O.K -- spamapotomus -- I'll play:
    I am not saying that Jay does not overstate their totals, but you overstate your case:

Mansfield at 4,000 feet gets more snow than Jay at base (usually), but if Jay gets significantly more snowfall midmountain and higher (as every place I've ever been does),
    then the Mansfield to Jay comparison is apples to oranges. And yes, Wolf Creek still gets more than Jay if WC's base readings are higher than Jay's claims for mid-mountain.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    O.K -- spamapotomus -- I'll play:
    I am not saying that Jay does not overstate their totals, but you overstate your case:

Mansfield at 4,000 feet gets more snow than Jay at base (usually), but if Jay gets significantly more snowfall midmountain and higher (as every place I've ever been does),
    then the Mansfield to Jay comparison is apples to oranges. And yes, Wolf Creek still gets more than Jay if WC's base readings are higher than Jay's claims for mid-mountain.
    Hey I know I'm going to get hate from all the jay loving trolls. I don't care. It's for the general public so they can make a fair decision on an average day about going to southern vermont or even killington or if it's worth it to go to jay. They can see official climate data and go to the governments site.
    This was BASE snowfall....if you believe for a second that snowfall increase 200 inches on AVERAGE year when you up a 1000 feet to around mid elevation(a proper place for snowfall measurement) than you have no clue what you're talking about. You ski the place....do you notice double the snowfall halfway up and then it drops in half at the base? Certain storms are elevation dependent and can be raining at base, snowing halfway up, but that's not average

Yeah ok....
    2011 188 inches
    2012 149 inches

As far as gaper from ct? I'm not sure what that is referencing.

All the best

All I did was alert people to the climate stations. I didn't make up the data. So don't hate on me because your beloved mountains in northern vt might be fibbing their numbers.

Saw you on the Jay fb page today too...

I've never quoted numbers or claimed records. I've also never spammed a shitty site across the interwebs.

Fuck off troll
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 01-15-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Saw you on the Jay fb page today too...

Fuck off troll.
    IS the NWS a troll? Did you email the federal government to tell them their trolls? Because I'm just repeating the data.

Ok, no more reason to be baited on here. Just going to keep posting my website out there so everyone is made aware of the data and how the east really can't hold a candle to the west when it comes to snow.(which is why some people are getting upset)

I don't have a fb account.

You are repeating and INTERPRETING data -- and I said you OVERSTATE your case and that you need more DATA to make a convincing one.

serves me right for responding at all.
    HTML Code:

You are repeating and INTERPRETING data -- and I said you OVERSTATE your case and that you need more DATA to make a convincing one.

serves me right for responding at all.
    More data LOL....Of course I'm interpreting it. 2+2 =4
    You guys remind me of when people used to argue about cigarette smoke causing cancer and said they needed more "data/evidence".

2011 188 inches
    2012 149 inches

Then look at mansfield numbers. It's kind of an obvious conclusion. Even without that jay peak climate data, I know enough about orographic lift and have mansfield numbers to know that jay's numbers are likely inflated.

Oh and I find the language of "jaypowhound" to be disgusting.

Honestly, I wasn't looking to get into debate on here. Just wanted to advertise my site. Gotten a ton of hits so far. Thanks to those who visited who are not complete A-HOLES and can't handle facts.As far as overstating my case, you admitted jay peaks likely pumps up their numbers so that's kind of the whole point of me listing that independent data and creating the website!(I never claimed to know EXACTLY what jay peak averages at mid elevation to the inch, just that it appears to be grossly exageratted as backed up data and basic knowledge of climatology in the area)

i'm not a jay skier so i couldn't care less if your article is right or wrong. I do think its pretty weak that you sign up for the forum and then pretend you are referring an interesting story you found when it is actually your own blog. that is trolling in my book. prolly should get lost
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

1. So you are just spamming

2. You've proved nothing

3. Allow me to reiterate the sentiments which you found offensive and suggest that you go spam somewhere else. Oh and btw, you can't hold a candle to jaypowhound. My advice: if you want to start a blog, perhaps begin with some stoke instead of a rehashing a weak argument about whether and to what extent eastern areas may or may not overstate their snow totals.
    Last edited by robgoose; 01-14-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    i'm not a jay skier so i couldn't care less if your article is right or wrong. I do think its pretty weak that you sign up for the forum and then pretend you are referring an interesting story you found when it is actually your own blog. that is trolling in my book. prolly should get lost
    I never said it wasn't mine....it obviously mine. Duh!
    Umm....yeah I don't really care what a few of you losers think.
    I will get lost. Got my site out. That's what matters and my site has no commercial value so the idea of spamming is absurd.

1. So you are just spamming

2. You've proved nothing

3. Allow me to reiterate the sentiments which you found offensive and suggest that you go spam somewhere else. Oh and btw, you can't hold a candle to jaypowderhound. My advice: if you want to start a blog, perhaps begin with some stoke instead of a rehashing a weak argument about whether and to what extent eastern areas may or may not overstate their snow totals.
    Yeah but I got you upset....so why let the troll win? Right? I guess I won then LOL
    jAYPOWDERHOUND sounds like such a serious guy...wow...can't hold a candle...LOL
    Common tactic is too call someone a troll when you lose logical argument and can't present any concrete data proving the other person wrong. DEFLECTION
    Goodbye.

well that is one link i'm glad i didn't click
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

You're doing the Lord's work. Thanks for this snowmaggedon! I'm not sure how I would sleep tonight without your solid reporting and well documented data.

Naw, just kidding... Go felch your brother.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmaggedon View Post
    IS the NWS a troll? Did you email the federal government to tell them their trolls? Because I'm just repeating the data.

Ok, no more reason to be baited on here. Just going to keep posting my website out there so everyone is made aware of the data and how the east really can't hold a candle to the west when it comes to snow.(which is why some people are getting upset)

I don't have a fb account.
    Bullshit. You even deleted the thread you started on Jay's page after the locals called you out. Who the fuck cares if the west gets more snow? Go back to skiing Vail, fucktard.

Today I learned:
    1) ski resorts inflate their snow totals
    2) there is more snow out west
    3) snowmageddon needs a giant dildo in his trolling/spamming ass

Just kidding, I already knew two of those things.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Snowmadisgettin awfully butthurt

beat. it. jong.

or produce a naked picture of your girlfriend
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Lolz at all the east coast skiers getting butthurt.

I posted your site on newschoolers because the majority of those kids are east coasters. They were just as butthurt as the old fucks in this thread.

One post did trip my trigger though, so take this for whatever it's worth.

"Im not here to argue with anyone,
    But I checked out that data and whats its lacking is the information regarding wind patterns...

It is also ONCE A MONTH data statin that you posted, that means they take temp and snow depth every 30 days, Which would have a huge effect on snowfall numbers, what with new englands insane abilty to thaw in January....
    Not only is the NOAA data station on the west side of the mountain(least amount of snow any mountain gets) . So that would lead to a varied data from the mountain.

It also gets HEAVY lake effect storms due to the wind patterns in the region, all the storms that roll off the great lakes funnel into a wind tunnel that takes them right to jays doorstep, but not before gaining strength over lake champlain!!!!!! (JAY CLOUD'S.......)

Also if you look at Jay geographically it has a longe east to west spine that leads into a east facing bowl, causing the snow to drift and blow into/on the resort. Again causing noaa to get different information.

That all being said I do believe JAY also takes measurements at the summit and calls that good.....
    Because last year I lived in between jay and sugarloaf and they got almost the same snowfall and jay reported like 100" over sugarloaf by the end of the season....
    On a random note I worked at sugarloaf last year and they reported like 178" at the base lodge, I lived 200' below the base lodge and 15 min away and I got 220" in my front yard. Possible I measured wrong by by 40"..... i doubt it"

Also, for all the jay die hards, he's not trolling, simply informing and making normal assumptions. I would want to know this if I was an east coast skier.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Go felch your brother.
    I salute you sir; you found a way to triple the intensity of such a fine word.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Sweet blog dude. Are you the gaper from CT that started a bullshit thread on Jay's FB page, bitching about their snowfall totals? At least learn how to spell, ferchristsakes.
    spellins overated
    go skiing you #er crunchin blog spewer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    spellins overated
    go skiing you #er crunchin blog spewer
    Uh, wut?