Turn your truck into a cat/tank...

Ok this is pretty fucking awesome...

Pretty cool. I saw some chains from mid chassis to the front tracks, but I cannot tell how the tracks are attached to the axles. I am assuming there is some clamp of some type

another nice way to fuck up a perfectly good truck...

MatTracks were one of the first to try to 'convert' a van or truck to oversnow use. Tend to fry trannys on a regular basis.

this is the way to go, drove it for two winters in Yellowstone [actually is was #706, but same idea...]

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Pretty cool. I saw some chains from mid chassis to the front tracks, but I cannot tell how the tracks are attached to the axles. I am assuming there is some clamp of some type
    Haven't watched, but this probably explains it.

Tioga Pass Resort, back when they were doing winter ops, used to have an F-150 that they pulled the wheels off and installed tracks for the winter. Reminded me of this. Couldn't find a photo, but I remember seeing it in an old TR on TTips. Edit: Similar setup to the van in Tye's photo, but I think it had tracks on both ends--not skids on the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Tioga Pass Resort, back when they were doing winter ops, used to have an F-150 that they pulled the wheels off and installed tracks for the winter. Reminded me of this. Couldn't find a photo, but I remember seeing it in an old TR on TTips. Edit: Similar setup to the van in Tye's photo, but I think it had tracks on both ends--not skids on the front.
    ya, that's the mattracks system. The van above was an experiment around yellowstone a decade or so ago. As i recall if you had more than 6 people in them they'd steer like shit with little weight on the skis...And with only the rear pushing, they'd blow rear diffs and trannys pretty often...I had a transmission catch on fire in that style van once, full of passengers, mid-point of tour. That sorta sucked...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Here's a friends Model T Snowmobile

The front skis are in the bed

$25K ... gulp

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Haven't watched, but this probably explains it.
    That was... mesmerizing. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. The fact it's completely silent is almost zen-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Here's a friends Model T Snowmobile

The front skis are in the bed
    And that thing is AWESOME.

That drive system has to have some kind of reverse gearing, other wise when the vehicle was in forward a direct drive would make you back up. Lateral stability looks marginal, flats only, great for out on the lake. Either way you will trash the tranny and diffs.

Still not as kewl as this.

or this

Last edited by scottyb; 01-13-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    watch out for snakes