Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I haven't seen it posted officially yet so I'll refrain from posting the name. It's a big loss, just tragic.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

So, so sad, you will be missed man.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^Holy crap. That went about as big as it could have gone.

Shit. I have friends in Vail this season who aren't answering their phones right now...

Damn, RIP bro. Seems like a lot of people I know knew him.

Just to respond on the CAIC site issue. The site hasn't seen this much traffic EVER. CNN has the story. It is national already and went local incredibly fast.

Terrible news today. Vibes to family and friends.

Terrible news. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Shit. I have friends in Vail this season who aren't answering their phones right now...
    The name has been released. Tony Seibert was the fatality. Looks as though Becca Sellig was with him. Not real sure about the other two.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Tony was the grandson of the Cofounder of Vail, Peter Siebert (Petes bowl). RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Tony was the grandson of the Cofounder of Vail, Peter Siebert (Petes bowl). RIP
    I was just about to ask if there was a connection to Pete Seibert. That may explain the media attention this is getting already.

..boycott the backcountry
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeel View Post
    The name has been released. Tony Seibert was the fatality. Looks as though Becca Sellig was with him. Not real sure about the other two.
    Yeah, had also heard she was one of the ones involved, she was the one my usual partner was worried about.

+++ Vibes and prayers to all those that are affected, either directly or indirectly, from today's events.

6 yrs ago I found this forum while searching for information about a friend that perished in EV chutes. Tragedies such as this will open old wounds....but will also give us a moment to remember the special ones that passed way too soon....doing the things that they loved. Hug your family and friends often.

RIP Tony Pardee, shred hard in heaven brother.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

RIP Tony.

Vibes to all that knew him.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

So fucking sad.

Here's one for Tony.

RIP Young son

Last edited by Crampedon; 01-07-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Name Correction

Awful news....vibes to all

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    DAMN...DAMN DAMN.

RIP and condolences. Glad your son is safe!
    It has been a troubling afternoon for sure, thanks. He would have been there if he didn't have to work. When I got the call I got that sick feeling knowing he was going up today and due to a sceduale change that I didn't know about was seriously conserned.

RIP Tony
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    So fucking sad.

Here's one for Pete.

RIP Young son

That song brings me to tears every time I hear it. Brings back a lot of painful memories of friends no longer with us.

Condolences to Tony's friends and family, it sounds like he was a well known and much beloved individual in Vail and the skiing community in general. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    +++ Vibes and prayers to all those that are affected, either directly or indirectly, from today's events.

6 yrs ago I found this forum while searching for information about a friend that perished in EV chutes. Tragedies such as this will open old wounds....but will also give us a moment to remember the special ones that passed way too soon....doing the things that they loved. Hug your family and friends often.
    happens to me as well.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    That group was right behind mine on the way up. I'll tell my story of what I know.

We went up to the top of Benchmark to enjoy the views and to have a look at the bigger lines. We saw a number of small slides on Marvin's likely triggered as the sun warmed that face. This confirmed our worries about the rapid warm-up making things touchy. As we prepared to drop back to the pumptrack down the ridge, the girl in the group got to the top and said to her group, "I still want to check out NBA." I don't recall any other things said, that just stuck out. We proceeded to ski bighorn down to the bus stop.

This is what I heard after the fact.

We heard of the slide when we got on the bus and saw a guy in that group get on the bus. We asked him how his run was and he mentioned a big slide on CDC. I asked if everyone got out, and he said they pulled his buddy out with no pulse and are doing cpr. He said he had no pulse and was purple.

I told my boss about what happened, and he gave my partner and I's numbers to SAR. They called my partner about 15 minutes ago asking what we knew about how many people were in the group. He thinks it was 4 or 5 people. I remember the girl and 3 guys from the top, and there may have been another hiking up behind them that was with them. Word is, they don't know if they recovered all of the people caught.

Vibes to everyone involved and friends and family.

We met that guy and his partner halfway down tele trees just after it happened. We called 911 immediately having no idea if there was anyone in the slide. He was on the phone with a member of the group just after the slide and confirmed that there was a group caught in the slide. He also talked to someone that was on his way over from the ski area and was told to go down as we were too far away to be of any assistance. Thoughts to all involved in this tragedy.

You will be missed Tony!! The slopes will miss your stoke
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Nice, very nice. That is all.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again