Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who's having an actual winter?

Thinking of a road trip in early February, from SLC. Who, on the North American Continent, is having a good winter?? Seems like we have it as good as anyone in the Wasatch, and it seems like SW Colorado and MT are, at least, not having shiity winters, whereas the west coast has essentially no snow.

Well?

Its 10C warmer than usual but there is snow up here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Washington has nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

I haven't been there yet but last time I checked mt baker was claiming a 69" base on top. Other then that I think your right with Montana and SW Colorado. I'd check out wolf creek and bridger bowl

Mt baker: 69"
    Bridger: 62"
    Wolf creek: 61"
    Jackson hole: 50"
    Alyeska: 45"
    Crystal mt: 44" (was there yesterday... terrible)
    Taos: 37"
    Red mountain: 33"
    Tahoe: really?

Just a few here but hope this helps, still aways out from your trip, but god do we need snow

I would be interested to hear how bridger is right from somebody whose actually there

Just the numbers doesnt really tell you much. A 30" base at aspen means youre hucking and skiing fast, a 30" base at the bird or big sky means youre not doing much of either. I could go on...

Is anywhere having a GOOD year? Canada? AK?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

here is alaska for you.

Some December stats below:

We end 2013 with a SWE that is only 20% of average for December. With yesterday’s precip we narrowly missed the podium ending the month with 3.3” of water for the month, good enough for 4th place. Numbers below are from the Turnagain Pass SNOTEL Station (1880’).

Top 5 lowest December SWE from 1983 till 2013:

1st 1984 – 0.5”
    2nd 2011 – 1.3”
    3rd 1985 – 3.1”
    4th 2013 – 3.3”
    5th 2009 – 4.2”

Average December SWE is 16.2”

Snow Depth:
    Dec 31 2013 at midnight was 30”
    Average for past 10 years is 64” (Data only goes back to 2004)

we are getting a little something now but I wouldn't run to it.
    off your knees Louie

Driest year on record in CA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Pine pass, Monashee park and northern Monashees in general, MacGregor Range, & upper N. Thompson seem to be at normal snowpack with above seasonal temps. No guesses if the usual dry spell after the solstice will be leading into Feb tho...

Stay East of 114 degrees West.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all_rank_swe.gif 
Views:	305 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	147649

Tahoe is suffering ...

Name:	SQV.gif 
Views:	244 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	147650

Also suffering is Washington and Oregon (Three Cks Meadow is in the vicinity of Mt. Bachelor/Bend)

Name:	21E13S.gif 
Views:	211 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	147651

Follow the link below if you want to see more ...

South East AK is doing pretty well.

Eaglecrest has 100+ inch base. Haines is starting to fill in.

Snowing here in Chamonix, and I'm still giving pretty good deals to Mags. Just putting it out there.... Bon Annee!!!!!

Do you live in the North East? Get ready to get Pummeled!

Blizzard, sub-zero wind chills and foot of snow ready to hit Northeast.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/02/us/win...html?hpt=hp_t1

YOU WANT WINTER?

come to new England. bitterly cold and snowy here on the coast for over a month. some warm/rain mixed in too, but that just adds flavor. mt Washington recorded 66 inches of snowfall for December and over 40 inches in November. both months above average. now we're about to get fuck pummeled again. 8 degrees and over a foot expected here at the beach. again. woodstove is cranking. mountains should do well too.

come east cuz no ones doin it. love that

rog

Revelstoke/Rogers Pass. Probably still below average, and lots of holes on the glaciers, but still pretty good.

Crested Butte is skiing awesome. Resort is a touch thin, but patrol got almost everything open already and it is skiing great (chalk pack, not too bumpy, just thin, yes you will hit rocks). Backcountry is stacking up nicely, Irwin got 11" yesterday and are kicking it with a 52" base. From what I've seen thats a conservative estimate for much of that zone.

yeah i hear the east coast is blower!! as for montana, it sucks here. high avy danger, facets, and a high concentration of inbounds gapers. come on up.
    long live the jahrator

Aspen/Snowmass having the best early season since '98 according to the geezers.

About average in the Tetons according to the snotels, although it doesn't feel that way. Targhee's in great shape. Lots of facets in areas that were thin early.

Quote Originally Posted by NWSkier View Post
    I would be interested to hear how bridger is right from somebody whose actually there
    It is skiing great, solid base and the snow keeps coming.

Monarch 42" backcountry good. Typical January thaw wonder what we'll get by Groundhog Day when it should crank up.

Sadly, at this rate mtn biking will become a year-round sport out here in the mountains of the West.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

rog

No one's doin it cuz you already got 30 million Joey's already out there "doin it", Brah.

Every other post in the ECRC is someone complaining about "mile long" and "35 minute" lift lines to ski some crappy hill with runs cut through the brush. So apparently, there's lots of people "doin it". Brahhhh.

You consider getting 12 inches of snow as "Fuck Pummeled"???? Sucks to be you.

Well Rawwja from Pooitsmith, next time i want to ski glaciated ice on some flat hill that you call a mountain in bitterly cold temperatures with long ass lift lines, I'll give ya a call.
    RAWG =

Taos is in good shape for this time of year. Most terrain is open, and that place is fun even when it hasn't snowed in a bit.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    YOU WANT WINTER?

come to new England. bitterly cold and snowy here on the coast for over a month. some warm/rain mixed in too, but that just adds flavor. mt Washington recorded 66 inches of snowfall for December and over 40 inches in November. both months above average. now we're about to get fuck pummeled again. 8 degrees and over a foot expected here at the beach. again. woodstove is cranking. mountains should do well too.

rog

Then this.

Today, 06:25 AM #2305 icelanticskier
    8 degrees and a coupla inches of pathetic way too light for much good, feather dust on the ground here SoMe. ski where there's a base folks. this shit's pretty, but that's about it.

what a winter

rog
    IS THIS LOVE AT 1ST SIGHT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7zM...&feature=email

OR SHOULD I SKI BY AGAIN?

Which is it Rawwja? Ya havin a good winter or just talkin out yur ass again?
    RAWG =