Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My dog shredded the neighbors pet chicken...

My neighbors kids science experiment was successful and they became the owner of 3 baby chicks. For context, we don't live in the country. Fast forward a year and the kids have 2 roosters and a chicken as their pets.

Last night my wife comes in the living room and says, "Hun, something bad happened". I leap up and run to the back door and there is the chicken. No need to check its pulse, its dead. My dog has this "I've been waiting a year for this moment" gleeful look on her face and my wife is mortified. I look left and it looks like someone cut open a down pillow on the lawn.

This is bad, Its 8:30pm if the 3 and 5 yo look out their window they will learn life lessons that I'm not trying to be a part of. I immediately run into the garage and get the shop vac. The wife and I are vacuuming up the feathers as fast as we can. I felt like I was covering up a murder, I guess I was.

Now the tough part, I have to go tell the neighbor. I knock and the dad opens the door, I whisper (the kids are right there) "are you missing a chicken?" He steps onto the porch and closes the door behind him.

Right away he was like, no big deal, they can sorta fly and that what happens. In fact he was more apologizing to me. I felt horrible, I mean horrible. His parting wards were, "Well I bet the dog had some fun!"

Youre not a hunter, are ya?

Anyone who raises chickens in a non-rural environment has to accept that possibility. I have friends who raise chickens here in town and their own dog got one. And a fox got another.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I thought it was a prerequisite on TGR to have crazy neighbors. Be glad he was cool about it!

Hugh Conway Guest
    3-5 year olds aren't supposed to understand that the skinless boneless chicken breast was once an animal? Only on TGR. 'murica, fuck yeah

Damn, you have cool neighbors. Just go buy them a replacement chicken and a 6 pack and call it a day!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Kinda sounds like poochy did your neighbor a favor. Good for her. One down two to go.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Sounds like Dad didn't like the chicken. If you feel bad, buy them a new one, they're cheep (pun intended).
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Ya, right, 'the dog got it'. We all know you choked that chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    3-5 year olds aren't supposed to understand that the skinless boneless chicken breast was once an animal? Only on TGR. 'murica, fuck yeah
    Heh. When my oldest was 4 grandma was supposed to be watching her while my wife & I were out killing chickens. My daughter escaped and came wandering over to the slaughter zone. I walked out of the coop with a chicken that was freaking out, my daughter saw and was upset. She said, "Oh no, don't kill the chicken dad." I said, "Do you like chicken for dinner? This is where it comes from." her immediate response was, "Kill another one dad." So awesome.

My wife decided she wanted a golden doodle so she bought a standard poodle to mate with our golden retriever. That little fucker is a chicken killing, bunny killing machine. Good cages and pens are required around my house now.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Yeah, I have no issues killings chickens or any tasty animals. Kids pets are a little different. The dad was totally good with it. Ive moved on to having a laugh about it. I offered to buy a chicken, he really didnt care.

You just never know how people will react. funny shit.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Sounds like Dad didn't like the chicken.
    This was my first thought. Dad probably thinks they stink and make too much noise. Which they do.

In fact, you're not allowed to keep roosters in Seattle, only chickens.

My new house came with a chicken coop. Fuck that shit. I don't eat enough eggs (2-3 a week) for it to be worth my time.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I wonder what he's going to tell the kids. It's probably a good thing they weren't looking out the window when it happened.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    My 7 yr old son has been associating meat with dead animals ever since I attempted to subtly hint that's where it comes from. He was about 5 when he figured it out and now when he tries an unfamiliar meat he asks what kind of dead animal he's eating.

"mmmmm...I love dead pig!"
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

If you're a gardener chickens are a good way to keep down the slug population.

My neighbor's dog got into our coop and killed five chickens. My wife was pissed, I was relieved.

They do keep bugs and mice under control, but the tradeoff is chicken shit all over the yard, deck, etc.

Neighbors in the Foothills used to let their pet chickens run around the yard.

Until our young Jack Russell discovered there were chickens in their yard. The Terrierist murdered like 2-3 of them before we realized it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

This is Milo and Cleo

And this is the story of them killing a chicken.

There is a park close by that the city started to build, but never finished. It's about 40 acres, and most of it is pretty rough, so it has become the de facto off-leash dog park of the neighborhood. There are houses along one side, and lately it seems like every third house in this town has backyard chickens. That day, about ten of them escaped their yard, and were free-ranging on the edge of the park. A bright white one caught Cleo's eye, and both dogs were running at them full-steam. Now Milo is only in it for the chase. He's running around barking at each individual bird, acting like it's a game, but Cleo is a little hunter, so dead chicken(s) will be inevitable. I managed to grab her, but not before she got one. She looked pretty cute with the sheepish 'you caught me' face and a mouth full of feathers, but taking a picture of her right in front of the "chicken farmer" would've been bad form.

The woman who owned them was upset, but actually apologized to me for not keeping them in her yard. She was even petting Milo. I went back the next day with a little 'I'm sorry' gift and offered to replace the chicken, but the guy said something along the lines of "shit happens".

I swear that dog was grinning all the way home.

I have a "My dog killed a friend's chicken" story too.
    Drive my daughter to girl scout meeting at a very rural house with the dog. House owner lady implores me to let the dog out. I don't want to. This goes on and on. Finally, OK, whatever, I let the cattle dog out of the back of the wagon and she literally launches out and hits the ground running straight to the coop I didn't see.

Dog nails a chicken running loose, starts shaking it like a rag doll, feathers flying like a pillow fight. I yell, "Scooter, DROP!" She stops, looks at me, opens her mouth, fibrilating chicken drops to the ground. Many 9 year old girl scouts stare in horror.
    Owner was OK with it, we bought them a new chicken anyway.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I considered going this route, too soon?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	packaged-chicken.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	147579  

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I immediately run into the garage and get the shop vac. The wife and I are vacuuming up the feathers as fast as we can.
    Ok, thats funny.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

If you have chickens, it's inevitable that they will be harried by dogs. If you have certain kinds of dogs like huskies or malamutes, it's inevitable that they will kill a chicken. I think the SOP here is you owe them like $10.
    I'm surprised they have 2 roosters together as pets. That usually doesn't work very well. If your dog killed one of the roosters, you actually did them a favor.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Damn, you have cool neighbors. Just go buy them a replacement chicken and a 6 pack and call it a day!
    maybe get them some smoked bird and dad whatever he drinks, cool neighbor indeed, both you's.
    b

People pay extra for shredded chicken. He owes you.

I did a buddy a favour helping his super rich father inlaw move some anitique furniture n stuff from a rural property. the guy coulda paid for professionals, but no, just us.
    long story short my dog got 1 of 2 chickens.
    I still got paid ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...