Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

'13/'14 Magic Shenanigans- sooooooo much better than your area thread!

It's that time again ladies and gents! Raise your glasses, do a few liver pushups and keep those tips up because Magic's opening weekend is once again upon us! Time to show the proverbial "them" how its done properly- everybody knows we put the MAG in Magic and keep it there, but I think we should rub it in. Way in. This hill shares more core values with this community than possibly anywhere else and it shows in how large of a maggot contingent calls it home. From the low tide shenanigans to the deep pow tomfoolery to spring bump ridiculousness we've got it all in spades and the hill just keeps getting better every year! Several off season projects have worked out swimmingly so yet again we will have new and fun places to play once Ullr blesses us with his glorious fluffy bounty.

As for this weekend, the forecast is less than ideal but I could not care less personally. Twiddle is playing Friday night and I'm just so stoked to get up there and high five all the Magic peeps, shake some new hands and just get that "all is right with the world" feeling that Magic always delivers for me.

For posterity's sake here are some of the older Magic stoked threads in case you're bored and want to relive the radness.

'09/'10
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ht=Magic+stoke

'10/'11

And of course the Machete chronicles if you want to get nostalgia'd on HARD. Kind of funny- the first page pics are the Disappearing Act which has been on the map for a couple seasons now and even saw a HUGE dose of cleaning love this summer as well. The difference looking back is MIND BLOWING haha... Can't believe it ever looked like that! No idea why we stopped using that thread either, since the volly program is a whole new kind of beast and the stuff we've been accomplishing is cooler than ever. It'll come back next summer for sure.

So please guys and girls, add some stoke to this thread in anticipation of the coming windfall of good times we're about to receive (I have to get back to work!) and may it please Ullr. See you guys this weekend, first shotski is on me!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

FULL-O-WIN! Thx DW!

Oh, and for Stokes sake... RED at 7:15 am on 3-20-2013:

jgb@etree Guest
    Fine work, DW.

Don't think I'm going to able to get up before the 26th - too much still left to do for Xmas. Sounds like Friday night should be a blast, and I'm hoping like hell that the weather over the weekend isn't too bad for those of you lucky enough to get up there.

Have fun. I can't wait to get back on skis & see everyone again.

jgb@etree Guest
    Looks like opening day is going to be Saturday instead:

UPDATE on Season Opening: Apologies to those who were planning a Friday ski day, but Magic's season will now begin on SATURDAY.

(This will make the 18-20 inches of new snow available to more of our faithful many of whom have to work through the week. Skinners are still welcome today and Friday and we've seen a few nice lines so far...)
    Hrm.. might have to consider doing a half day trip on Sat and claim I was out shopping. If anyone blows up my spot to the mrs, it's not gonna be pretty

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Looks like opening day is going to be Saturday instead:

Hrm.. might have to consider doing a half day trip on Sat and claim I was out shopping. If anyone blows up my spot to the mrs, it's not gonna be pretty
    It's not even untruthful I you get her something from D. Lasser
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

I imagine this is going to look quite different clad in white:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131012_135059.jpg 
Views:	815 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	146927
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Nice! Can't wait to get sum Magic lovin' this weekend...no 13/14 stoke yet but here's some PTT to get the party started.

The Machete Chronicles post was what made me turn left and check out Magic for the 1st time and this is kinda what that felt like...

DUMB N DANGEROUS

Some stoke from last year's storm right after Christmas, 12/28 maybe? This was at about noon on pow day, untracked and untouched.

This is dedicated to Red who is feeling under the weather. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

Is that why you were hauling ass down the sidewalk this afternoon after you stole my skis? Ha! Good seeing you dude!

Is that a machete in my pocket or...
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

here's to a prosperous, snowy, southern storm track, well attended magic mountain season for y'all.

rog

H and I will be up this weekend, hopefully make the show tonight. can't wait to see you all again, this offseason has felt like a decade
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Hopefully Red gets fixed up quick. Glad they fixed up black. Although, last year's Red breakdown was not a total loss....

So how was twiddle? I couldn't make the trip but sent a few friends.

Have you guys figured out a secret handshake yet? I would like to head down there but I need a damn secret handshake

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    As for this weekend, the forecast is less than ideal but I could not care less personally.
    <Snip>
    It'll come back next summer for sure.

So please guys and girls, add some stoke to this thread in anticipation of the coming windfall of good times we're about to receive (I have to get back to work!) and may it please Ullr. See you guys this weekend, first shotski is on me!
    So great getting the fist bump, handshake and Bro-hug from DoWork yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Oh, and for Stokes sake... RED at 7:15 am on 3-20-2013:
    And I was in Fort Myers...good news for the Magic Mags; I'll be in Hawaii (30th Anniversary) Jan 11-25 so there's sure to be Pow-a-Plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    This is dedicated to Red who is feeling under the weather. Get well soon.
    Holy shit, a rare post from one of my skinning buddies Goniff! Of course my other skinning group is well-represented and led by MagicSnowboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Have you guys figured out a secret handshake yet? I would like to head down there but I need a damn secret handshake
    It's pretty simple.
    1. Walk into the Black Line Tavern like you own the place.
    2. Scan quickly.
    3. Yell as loud as you can, "Where's DoWork?"

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    So how was twiddle? I couldn't make the trip but sent a few friends.
    https://archive.org/details/Twiddle2013-12-20.mix
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

Merry Cristmas Magic Mags!

The guns were blazing all night last night, 5.6 degrees this morning and a faint dusting of new overnight. Winter is back.

Merry Christmas everyone. We are heading up now and will get a few runs in tomorrow one way or another. Looking forward to secret Santa/ bottle swap tomorrow night at the blt
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

jgb@etree Guest
    Merry Christmas, Magic Mags.

We're heading up sometime tomorrow - probably wont ski till Thurs, but I will certainly be at the bar doing what I do best tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    "Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you."

Drove by on the way to see BWs family yesterday but did not have time to make a pit stop at ze bar. Really hoping to get some skiing in down there this year. It has been WAY too long.

'Nother season of weekends in Ludlow, soi'll hopefully meet more of y'alls this season. Stay cold folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Hopefully Red gets fixed up quick. Glad they fixed up black. Although, last year's Red breakdown was not a total loss....
    This video still puts a smile on my face every time I watch it. I just block the broken chair from my memory and revel in the killer runs we had over those couple days.