Anyone ski on Tyrolia/4frnt/Head Attack 13 or 16?

Thinking about putting the Attack 13 on my e98's but don't know anyone who has any experience of them. No real reviews online and couldn't find much on TGR. Any input from folks who have used these would be appreciated.

They ride similarly to the Marker toe piece, combined with a normal Tyrolia heal piece.

By that I mean: The heel could have more elastic travel, but works fine. The toe piece works great, and the tyrolia version seems a little beefier, which is good.

I was thinking of trying something different from the pivot, sth rut I've been in the last 15 years. I like the low stack height and weight, and the height adjustable toe. Now that these have been out for a while, what's the shop rat/user verdict on durability?

I didn't notice any difference externally (other than weight) so other than the beefier springs is there any difference in the 13 vs. 16 construction?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Any input on these?

I've had the Attack 13s and the Adrenalin 16s and I love them both

I think the Attacks are a nice wide platform for fatter skis and I think they're the easiest to get into and out of as well

I felt as if the Marker Griffons sat higher on the ski for the toe piece than the Attacks, but I could be wrong

I would buy them from 4Frnt and utilize their 30% off sale and get em for cheap!

Let me know if you have other questions

I've been using 13's for the latter half of this season. Had one pre-ejection from the heel when I wasn't paying attention and had the DIN at 8. Since turning it up to 10 (where the DIN chart puts me) I've had exactly no problems, worked great. I'm 215lb and ski mostly off piste and in lots of leftover chop so I put them to the test. Easy in and out, feels solid. Might convert over completely in the future.

I use attack 13's because I got a great deal on them. They work great. Heel feels similar to STH, toe is similar to griffon. Low to the ski, wide platform. If you're looking at STH2's and find these cheaper, I'd jump on them.

Attack 13s work for me at 175#s.

220-ish

Been running a mix of 13s and 16s the past couple years. I like them. My go-to choice at the moment. I like that they are quite low and flat. Seem to release when I need it. I have only two "complaints". First, the brake sizing is a bit tight and they seem twitcher than say Salomons in terms of how big a span a given size will fit (and not s readily bent). Second, I seem to get a bit of ice build up in the toes now and again when clicking in - a bit more than I seem to get with Salomons. Though maybe that's because I use skis with the Attacks most of the time in deeper snow conditions.

The 16s have a burlier heel. On sale, the price difference is not that much all things considered. And the weight difference is not massive. So given my size, that's what I'll usually grab. But both have worked very well for me so far.

Any difference between the 16 and 18 besides a stiffer spring?

More metal in the 18.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I've only been on the 13 demos, I thought they were pretty solid bindings, and not just for demo bindings.

Low stack height is nice, the toe seems a little less... Harsh? than the marker toe (not just cause they were sloppy demo binders). I stay in em better than stuff like jesters/griffons, guardians, sth, etc. So I feel like retention might be little better than most other plastic, non single pivot toes too?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Any difference between the 16 and 18 besides a stiffer spring?
    In addition to more metal, the 18s have a worm screw for the forward pressure whereas the 13 and 16 have the standard tab adjustment, which is the one thing that always bothered me about the higher DIN Tyrolias.

I've used both the Attack 13 and 16. Love them both. Now I'm on the 13 version and haven't found any difference in performance or quality over the 16. I usually run my DINs on about 9 in the early season and up to 10 or 10.5 toward the end of the season when i'm skiing a bit harder. No pre-releases, no problems. Nice and light and sits flat to the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    In addition to more metal, the 18s have a worm screw for the forward pressure whereas the 13 and 16 have the standard tab adjustment, which is the one thing that always bothered me about the higher DIN Tyrolias.
    I thought worm screws were preferred over tab

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I thought worm screws were preferred over tab
    They are, at least for me and most people I would imagine. Besides the Attack 18s and some of the more recent Peak 18s, most or all other Tyrolias still featured the tab adjustment -- Attack 13/16s, Peak/Mojo 15s, Freeflex 16/17s, etc. The tab adjustment is what had bothered me with previous higher DIN models, including the current Attack 13s and 16s. I always seem to end up on either extreme and never smack in the middle of range with those tabs. Would love for the Attack 13s and 16s to start using the worm screw as well.