I know that some of you have been to costa rica.

We're headed there for 10 days in March and bringing a two year old.

Looking for my cabana on the chill beach while 2 year old plays on the sand, sipping cocktails and smokin with Ticos, far as we can get from tamarindo but still on the nicoya. we're more divers than surfers but CR we figure is a nice starting point for the little guy. maybe out to the arenal area to sit in the hot spring river?

in general we speak spanish and appreciate stuff away from the main tourist trail.

any advices??
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

advice is to post in a different forum, like the padded room.

Nice work mods!
    Last edited by Danno; 01-10-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

La fortuna is right near volcano arenal, the hot river is awesome and the developed tabacon resort is pretty awesome. We stayed in mal pais, sleepy surfing town w great beach.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Take lots of dollars. Its expensive and overrun with tourists. Personally, I prefer small fishing towns in Mexico.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I'd say San Jose to Nosara either rent a car or take the puddle jumper. It's a nice drive to Arenal. Theres a hotel right next to the airport that you walk across the street to the rental car shops. You could go down to Santa Theresa it's a little chichi and too many gringo's.

Diving is better on the Caribbean side. Like night & day. Pacific = no coral, mainly lava flows, deep water, and sharks. Cool but not "diving in the Tropics. Great for surfing. Kinda like West Coast vs. East Coast of Mexico. Here's a map of CR SCUBA spots:

Start with that, but know that even though there seems to be more in the Coco area it's not nearly as good as the Cahuita Reef stuff.

Your 2yo smokes? A cool little cabana town is just South of Nosara called Playa Garza. More of a Sport fishing place tho.

Talk to your rental agent/hotel about hiring a nanny.

I know an incredible little B&B in Arenal if you get down that way.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

If you rent a car, get a GPS.

Stayed in Samara a couple years back, very chill little town. I was looking forward to some snorkeling but it was a no go due to strong current.

http://www.samaratreehouse.com/Samar...n/Welcome.html

^^^ Whatever you do...get GPS.