Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1327

Thread: MLB 2014

Pedro Martinez is the greatest post game commentator of all time.

Is his tongue frozen?
    I still call it The Jake.

Even without the error, it was pretty likely the Giants would score the winning run anyway with runners at 2nd and 3rd and only one out. But it was nice of St. Louis to make it easy on them. Just shows how important it is to avoid strikeouts - put the ball in play and put pressure on the defense. I think that is something that Saebermetrics does a poor job of accounting for when they say strikeouts are just like any other out. Maybe during the regular season...

Wow! Congratulations Royals, very cool stuff!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Definitely. I hate the phrase but they've MOMENTUM. A worthy opponent for whoever faces them.

So whatever happened to champagne soaked low ceiling screaming feasts? Jesus, I turn away from the screen in the gym after they do the obligatory mound group grope, and I come back after the commercial break, of course, and there's a rotund old lady handing out rewards to people on a stage in the field, with, like, flags and stuff. WTF? That was weird. Fuck, save it for the Series.

Let's not take the drunken fun out of the game. You won't let the dudes even smoke. Lighten up.

Royals are obviously super hot. If they hand off to that bullpen with a lead, game over. All one run games. Great ball. Buck deserves a fucking Series. What he has done in Baltimore with a tightass owner who hates the big money salaries is incredible. As soon as he took that team over about six years ago they did a 180 from possibly the worst mlb team. Again, with limited funds. Fucking sweep. Tough.

Hugh Conway Guest
    "Has he been watching World Cup soccer?"

Is there a bigger asshole in MLB than AJ Pierzynski? There may be, but can't think of one right now.

MLB 2014

Edited repeat

I don't mind Joe Buck without the idiot catcher dufus.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Is there a bigger asshole in MLB than AJ Pierzynski? There may be, but can't think of one right now.
    Clu Haywood was a dick.

My meeting in Sacramento ended early so I what the hell, I am going to catch a play off game!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413427230.640915.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	787.3 KB 
ID:	159070
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

#rallyerrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    My meeting in Sacramento ended early so I what the hell, I am going to catch a play off game!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413427230.640915.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	787.3 KB 
ID:	159070
    I'll be there tomorrow!
    GO GIANTS!!!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Who won the ASG this year? Assuming a SF win tomorrow, where and when would game 1 be?

AL won the all star game so KC has home field for WS. Quite a journey they're on eh? Just caught a rerun of the Giants big inning in G4. Pence and Posey are clutch, no other way to put it. Both sides, offense and defense, they've combined for some really big situational plays. While the Giants have scored a lot on errors, they've consistently made teams pay for even minor missteps. It's impressive how they've tightened up from the regular season. SFG pitch location has been so stingy on the corners, solid stuff.

grain of salt commentary: Thinking SF's experience and consistency will match up well against KC - a team that hasn't faced a recent, much less seasoned postseason winner. KC has the first ever 8-0 post season start, and it's been against up and coming teams: new Angels team, emerging O's team and an A's team trying to find a postseason groove like Washington, with the A's being arguably their biggest challenge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I don't mind Joe Buck without the idiot catcher dufus.
    So happy that motherfucker retired.

Even year magic! Giants vs. Royals. Should be good...

Great call of the Ishikawa HR in spanish by the Fox Deportes guy. Puts Joe Buck to shame.

http://deadspin.com/giants-win-the-p...ome-1647464716
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Ishikawa!!! Buy a Camry!! Lolz

Agreed he's better than Buck. Sucks not being able to listen to home town coverage.

Tip for fans within range of KNBR or who can get KNBR on the internet: record/delay game, and sync it up to audio from Jon Miller and Kruk/Kuip on KNBR. Radio is a few seconds ahead...

Beats the hell outta listening to Joe Buck. #noisepollution

Any predictions for the series?

Popular opinion thinks the Royals are going to trample the Giants. I don't see it that way. Getting to the world series takes a lot of luck in the bullshit wildcard era, but a best of 7 should separate the Giants as the better team. The Royals are an 85 win team. Book it for next year.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

It all depends on what Royals team shows up. This season they've looked like world beaters at times, then really underperformed (especially on offense) at others. If they stay hot, I think they win. If they lost momentum, then the Giants will win.

Baltimore was a damn tough team. I thought they had the momentum, and they got swept by the Royals. Bullpen is on right now. Should be a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    If they stay hot, I think they win. If they lost momentum, then the Giants will win.
    Different sport, but that's a classic Madden observation, "Usually the team that scores the most points ends up winning the game." (alleged actual quote)