Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014

You'd probably see a million more in KC if they won the series.

Btw, what was the attendance after that rose lost it's bloom?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You'd probably see a million more in KC if they won the series.

Btw, what was the attendance after that rose lost it's bloom?
    Right, but you wouldn't see a million fans from Denver in KC when they won the series.

And the sox attendance predictably went right back to where it started. But the fact remains, Chicago puts between 5 and 6 million butts in the seats to watch baseball every season. That's not a fairly small market, no matter how you divy it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Woohoo. ARod gone for a year. Hopefully that 25 mil goes to some young talent. They still have to pay him 61 mil after that for two more years. Christ, what a deal. That's why Cano is left to rot in Seattle. Heh, I heard Pete Rose comment on the latter: "JayZ not only got him a raise, but a month long vacation in October."

Glad to see arod gone for the year. Hopefully he will never play again at least for the Yanks. Sad to see Cano go but long term contracts kill teams.

"JayZ not only got him a raise, but a month long vacation in October."
    I lol'd. Also glad to see arod gone for the season. Saw Michael Young's name come up on the wire today... I wonder if he can still play 3b...
    Hugh Conway sucks

"Thornton was traded from Chicago to Boston on July 12, and he made his last 20 appearances with the Red Sox. He did not pitch in the postseason."

I forgot all about him. Was he hurt late in the year or what?

Woohoo. ARod gone for a year. Hopefully that 25 mil goes to some young talent. They still have to pay him 61 mil after that for two more years. Christ, what a deal. That's why Cano is left to rot in Seattle. Heh, I heard Pete Rose comment on the latter: "JayZ not only got him a raise, but a month long vacation in October."
    still stinging huh ben.
    b

Yeah, I liked Cano. For about three or four years, he and Jeter were a combo, for sure.

you'll still get to see him, just going to have to stay up past midnight.
    b

Fuck him. Dumbass.

wow, you do have it figured out.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Saw Michael Young's name come up on the wire today... I wonder if he can still play 3b...
    The answer is NO.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Did anybody catch the 60 mins piece? I just found out it was on... Apparently, arod took PEDs. Not sure what the fuss is about, but MLB and MLBPA have gotten into a little press release pissing contest since it aired tonght... What did I miss?
    Hugh Conway sucks

They are both pretty shady, but ARod is a such a justifiably unlikeable character that MLB wins. Just upset Yanks get a gift of $25M this year after signing him to that stupid contract. Think they didn't influence some of that?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    They are both pretty shady, but ARod is a such a justifiably unlikeable character that MLB wins. Just upset Yanks get a gift of $25M this year after signing him to that stupid contract. Think they didn't influence some of that?
    Just found a copy of the interview. I don't doubt arod did everything Bosch says he did, but Boche seems like a scumbag, even around a tool like arod.

The Yankees certainly didn't try to get arod out of it. And the way arod's handled the situation, I don't blame them. Looking at those emails that got leaked between arod and Randy Levine, it's obvious that the whole situation is just one big bag of dicks.

As yankee fan, do I mind not having arod this year and having $25m instead? No.. Not even a little bit.

This moron for 60 mins is nearly fucking unwatchable..

Seems like this is the made for tv drama version of the article that published 2 weeks ago... I forget where I read it... NYT maybe...
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 01-12-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

I got football this afternoon, so had to do Golden Globes for the wife. I will watch if I can find online but can pretty much guess what was said. If Arod was an upstanding fan favorite, I think the way MLB handled things would be taking a major hit. But as it stands, nobody really cares too much since it is taking him down a notch.
    I am guilty of this.

60 Minutes is unwatchable these days. Awful stuff. The NSA whitewash from a few weeks ago had most media watchers and anybody with an IQ over 80 picking their jaws back up from the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    "Thornton was traded from Chicago to Boston on July 12, and he made his last 20 appearances with the Red Sox. He did not pitch in the postseason."

I forgot all about him. Was he hurt late in the year or what?
    He was fucking awful. Nice job Yankees, old unreliable lefthanded pitching for multiyear deals
    Decisions Decisions

Everyone in MLB used amphetamine in the 60-70's. There has never been purity.

Thats what Bosch was inferring last night too. I didnt really understand Scott Pelley repeatedly going after the "purity of the game" thing with Bosch either. Is he the eternal protector of the "purity" of the game? And the "fairness" of the game? Reminds of a little of Bob Costas and his high horse. Bosch was there to provide a service that these guys were going to find anyway. I think its easy to see through the "I wanted to teach these guys how to do it right" and just know that he got paid. The details of Bosch's story were interesting but this could have been done better
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Thats what Bosch was inferring last night too. I didnt really understand Scott Pelley repeatedly going after the "purity of the game" thing with Bosch either. Is he the eternal protector of the "purity" of the game? And the "fairness" of the game? Reminds of a little of Bob Costas and his high horse. Bosch was there to provide a service that these guys were going to find anyway. I think its easy to see through the "I wanted to teach these guys how to do it right" and just know that he got paid. The details of Bosch's story were interesting but this could have been done better
    Yeah, the purity/fairness in the game thing is garbage. Painful to watch someone spend 20 mins trying to push that angle. The question about "how come when these guys came to you, you didn't say 'no, I won't do that, that's bad for baseball'" was just ridiculous.

I wasn't surprised to see Bosch come off like a goomba scumbag, but Scott Pelley was absolutely fucking ridiculous. I hadn't watched 60 mins in quite a while, but I can remember when I was a little kid and my parents would have it on on Sunday nights because it was good journalism. That crap they had on last night was like watching the History Channel. Seemed pretty appropriate they'd segue into "check out how much theses weird assholes can remember!".

On another note though - anyone catch the MLB Network special report on the Bosch interview? Pretty good stuff.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Joseph Tacopina, Alex Rodriguez's attorney, told Colin Cowherd that he would not name other players accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, "but some of them are god-like in Boston right now."

Haha, fuck 'em.

The only fair thing to do is to name everyone that's been on any list and start over. Reset button. Got to flush poopy with the other cheating turds for a clean start.

On a brighter note, my buddy from Atlanta is coming up for the HOF induction to see Maddux/Glavine and I think I'm going to join in for kicks. The trip alone is worth it for the fresh Ommegang, but I've never been to an induction so why not?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Joseph Tacopina, Alex Rodriguez's attorney, told Colin Cowherd that he would not name other players accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, "but some of them are god-like in Boston right now."

Haha, fuck 'em.

The only fair thing to do is to name everyone that's been on any list and start over. Reset button. Got to flush poopy with the other cheating turds for a clean start.

On a brighter note, my buddy from Atlanta is coming up for the HOF induction to see Maddux/Glavine and I think I'm going to join in for kicks. The trip alone is worth it for the fresh Ommegang, but I've never been to an induction so why not?
    Hey now - he didn't name names... Why do you think Pedroia's beard grows over his eyelids?

Arod's shit show is getting a little out of hand. Big Poopie was supposedly his friend. He's not up in front on congress or anything, but I think it's fair to say he's gone full-Clemens at this point. And we all know... you never go full-Clemens.

How about Kershaw! Cano's got to be kicking himself right now.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Ortiz, definitely. I mean, c'mon.