Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    theres a very hazy line between being too close to the cornice and being too far to actually gain any valuable information
    long live the jahrator

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    aint so sure "CREATING REPEATERS"
    is the way to keep anybody on top

but i aint an expert
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It is hard to take the ski patroller out of the backcountry avy caster. Many also want to be stars

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    monitors? yer not missing much. short shots fer sure.

rog
    Too scary!

Best onna snowboard, less time on the hill.

Heli pays big bucks.

Photos from yesterday, no cornices dropped.

the powder turds were flying VERY low all day yesterday along the PC ridgeline.

I thought there were FAA guidelines, and they werent suppose to do that? anyone know if thats correct, Ill try to get video in the future if so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    I was taught by a wise kootenay inhabitant that you can chop over any type of terrain trap anytime.
    Other than that, don't f with it unless you've deemed what's below skiable now and you intend to make
    turns on it now or you already have an objective and this is your pre-sighting look for a subsequent lap.

Otherwise preserve
    Wise indeed.

Sent from my MB886 using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

when you damn well know it'll rip why do it?
    Trade of the toolbags, 90% of most of the time.

Flight for life?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    the powder turds were flying VERY low all day yesterday along the PC ridgeline.

I thought there were FAA guidelines, and they werent suppose to do that? anyone know if thats correct, Ill try to get video in the future if so....
    Made a real weird approach to mid mountain park city to pick up a heart attack victim. He made a couple laps before coming in. I think it was because this was such a unique pick up spot. Possibly that is what you saw? It was weird enough I quizzed my neighbor who is a pilot for them on it. This resulted in them looping over mid to upper Thaynes Canyon and 9990 area three times real low. Probably about 50 yards above the trees at the ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Made a real weird approach to mid mountain park city to pick up a heart attack victim. He made a couple laps before coming in. I think it was because this was such a unique pick up spot. Possibly that is what you saw? It was weird enough I quizzed my neighbor who is a pilot for them on it. This resulted in them looping over mid to upper Thaynes Canyon and 9990 area three times real low. Probably about 50 yards above the trees at the ridges.
    It wasn't lifeflight that we saw, but the Orange powderbirds ship. They were buzzing us along the ridgeline several times while they dropped off all the Doctors and lawyers in the BC.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomsKneePads View Post
    Trade of the toolbags, 90% of most of the time.
    I use to drop cornices or ski cut the top of Conehead on Dutches quite often... Mostly because it's so easy for the idiots to hike to and kill themselves. Twice in the last ten years I've walked by it, noted how dangerous, and crossloaded it looked only to have someone trigger and and die on it within the hour. the most recent incident was a kid I knew...
    get paid

I use to drop cornices or ski cut the top of Conehead on Dutches quite often... Mostly because it's so easy for the idiots to hike to and kill themselves. Twice in the last ten years I've walked by it, noted how dangerous, and crossloaded it looked only to have someone trigger and and die on it within the hour. the most recent incident was a kid I knew...
    It is unlikely cornice drops or ski cuts would have controlled either the monster hard slab in 2005 or the localized slab in 2012. Here are the UAC links to both accidents:

http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avala...ent-dutch-draw
    http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avala...t-dutch-draw-0
    We're not happy 'til you're not happy.

Guess who we saw stompin' cornices on W Monitor yesterday?

Mark white, (aka Spindrift on here) is a fuckin' wannabe UAC assclown, his bullshit routine is akin to a firefighter that starts fires just so he can act the hero.

We watched him trigger a small predictable wind slab at the top, ripped out maybe 40' across and litter the slope with debris. he did this as my friend waited patiently at the top for 5 minutes as he played UAC forcaster. Then he didn't ski next to his debris, he traversed over to where my buddy had staked out his line and skied it.

http://utahavalanchecenter.org/observations/21420

What a fucking self-important and entitled asshole....

sincerely,

Toby H
    get paid

Mark white, (aka Spindrift on here)
    I don't think spindrift-on-here's real name is Mark.

So he's saying in the report it was a natural cornices drop, but you watched him stomp it off?

I was a few minutes behind, but I could see them standing at the top....I believe my friend saw most of it. ( it's pretty obvious from the pics of the cornice fracture that it wasn't natural.)

Anyways, the point of my tirade is that it's Pretty dick to take down a slope, creating a bunch of trundled debris, exp when you're aware people are right there and want to ski those lines. It was totally unnecessary...

if you couldn't already deduce how that slab was going to behave without whomping it than maybe u don't belong up there to begin with.

Just knock that shit off; there are plenty of places you can test slope...
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I don't think spindrift-on-here's real name is Mark.
    My apologies; Spindrift65.

He's a reg in the wasatch thread. The dude loves to centerpunch monitors solo under questionable conditions....
    get paid

calling out people irl names cuz yer butthurt is much more of a pussy move than folks creating aliases for nrl intertoob fun.

just sayin

rog

Anyways, the point of my tirade is that it's Pretty dick to take down a slope, creating a bunch of trundled debris, exp when you're aware people are right there and want to ski those lines. It was totally unnecessary...
    Sounds like a dick move done by a right prick. Especially poaching your buddy's line after ruining many perfectly good ones.

To report that it was a natural cornice fall is pretty fucked too in my opinion. Reporting false information is beyond dick.

You guys ski around too many people. I usually don't see a soul. I also do whatever the fuck I want since no one is around

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    You guys ski around too many people. I usually don't see a soul. I also do whatever the fuck I want since no one is around
    good point.

rog

I was a few minutes behind, but I could see them standing at the top....I believe my friend saw most of it. ( it's pretty obvious from the pics of the cornice fracture that it wasn't natural.)

if you couldn't already deduce how that slab was going to behave without whomping it than maybe u don't belong up there to begin with.

Just knock that shit off; there are plenty of places you can test slope...
    You have a serious reading comprehension problem. One was natural, one he admits was skier cut.

Looks like a big area to play, so sad you cannot get along with others…

here is that retard at it again……almost kills his partner…

Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    calling out people irl names cuz yer butthurt is much more of a pussy move than folks creating aliases for nrl intertoob fun.

just sayin

rog
    Its no secret, He puts it out there.... Also notice I have no trouble using my real name.

Honestly It wasn't really a big deal this time.... the skiing was sub-par, the sun was baking it quickly... but other days several people can put in 5-6 laps pretty quickly, Leaving very little room after a day of farming.

It's just the principle of it....
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 04-09-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    get paid

Wow that guy was a pro? color me unimpressed.

Its no secret, He puts it out there.... Also notice I have no trouble using my real name.

Honestly It wasn't really a big deal this time.... the skiing was sub-par, the sun was baking it quickly... but other days several people can put in 5-6 laps pretty quickly, Leaving very little room after a day of farming.

It's just the principle of it....
    i do hear ya fer sure.

killer surf this am. got some good ones for ya. 7' @ 10 sec with offshores at 9mph. fkna hero conditions

rogblog

Has anyone spoken with these parties and let them know that this isn't cool in zones that see so much pressure? If so, are they re-thinking what they did?