Thread: Lift equipment

Lift equipment

Had little success with search so figured I'd gather the knowledge of fellow TGR-ers. What's the best way to go about acquiring surface/chair lift used parts? I have come upon a land opportunity with more than suitable vertical rise and am interested in fashioning myself a decent rope tow so my buddies and I can stop skinning for every run. Would contacting resorts be best? Any insight/past experience is much appreciated.

^^ is that not something that could be diy pieced together functionally for much cheaper? I don't know as I've never looked into it, but it seems do-able..

IMcompletelyuninformedO I would think that after a lawn mower motor and some big scrap wheels the only real investment would be the rope and maybe some gearing?

Hugh Conway Guest
    ropetow with a nutcracker (look it up) can be fashioned by yourself. that's how things used to be done.

I would think the hardest / most expensive part would be the cable / rope.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Very cool site. Dare to dream!

would be awesome to show up in the parking lot with ones own bladed bombardier snow vehicle.
    b

Didn't someone on here build a rope-tow upto his place? With some sort of 'automatic' starting system or something… don't remember at all, but might be worth a look.

edit: Not sure if it's useful, this is what I was talking about http://hackaday.com/2012/02/22/backy...ft/#more-67815