Faction Candide 3.0 or Armada JJ's?

Given the choice of an everyday Alta/Bird ski which would you choose? Both look like phenomenal skis
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

Anyone tested out the Faction 3.zero's? Looks like a more aggressive version of the Candide's
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

Haven't skied JJs or the CT3.0, but I had a pair of 191 3.Zeros. They were sluggish at low to medium speeds, but were amazing when you were on the ragged edge. The faster the better. It was a good every day ski for Kicking Horse.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Hmm good info. Looking for a do it all ski for trees, pow, fast speeds etc. Coming from 08/09 Obsetheds. I have a promo deal for Faction 4Frnt, Armada, Blue house, and White Dot.. Any suggestions?

Might give the Hojis a look as well

Just lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSearchingforPowder View Post
    do it all ski for trees, pow, fast speeds etc.
    Sounds like exact description of

I have the 3.Zero (mounted w/Dukes) and Candide 3.0 (mounted with STH12).

For reference: I live in CO, but have been to Alta, Tetons, and many other places with these. I have other skis in my quiver, but pretty much ski the 3.0 all the time - whether in b/c or in bounds.

No complaints with either, and will likely get rid of some of the other skis in my garage.
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix&2 View Post
    I have the 3.Zero (mounted w/Dukes) and Candide 3.0 (mounted with STH12).

For reference: I live in CO, but have been to Alta, Tetons, and many other places with these. I have other skis in my quiver, but pretty much ski the 3.0 all the time - whether in b/c or in bounds.

No complaints with either, and will likely get rid of some of the other skis in my garage.
    So you prefer the 3.0 over the 3.zero? (confusing, I know).. How does the 3.0 perform without any camber compared to the 3.zero camber?

Quote Originally Posted by ImSearchingforPowder View Post
    So you prefer the 3.0 over the 3.zero? (confusing, I know).. How does the 3.0 perform without any camber compared to the 3.zero camber?
    I have the 3 Zero 183 Im 220 and love them to bits in any thing and everything you can think of. Icy groomers to waist deep cant complain. My son has the 185 JJ and for him there a great ski also. But were the 3 Zero shines more than the JJ is hard groomers. He switches to park skis because the JJ can get bucked in ice. The Factions rail like my 82 waisted Nordica Jetfuels in the same conditions. I pretty much use the 3 zero now every day no matter what the conditions. My first pair were mounted back. Dont to this!! Trust me mount them 1cm back from the top line boot center. CT mounts his up there also and he would know.
    Night and day for maneuverability and still provide tons of float mounted centered. Moguls you name it they do it all and are just as fast as the Blizzard Cochise. My ski buddy and I clock 60mph GPS all the time hes on the Cochise in the longer length. They can ski fast with exceptional stability to boot!!

If you back country the 3.0 might be the ticket. I want to try them in a 175. They have the surface area of a 230cm old school ski. The all conditions factor when you start getting into skis 185+ starts to diminish. I can only see skiing a ski 190+ for straight lining Chutes at 70+mph or Big open bowls. Anything Lift serviced 175-185 in a ski over 100mm for my personal preference. i skied 190+ skis untill two years ago when I blown away at the difference and fun factor a little shorter length made. To each his own. Ill be getting out on the 3.0 soon. Ill let ya know what I think of the two differances. Not to many talking much about the differance other than I heard the 3.0 is awsome but not as durable as the 3Zero is all. Scratching and nicks ect.. Ski great like the 3 zero and much lighter. Thats how I found this post looking for the same comparison as you.
    FACTION

i agree ive been skiing the candide 3.0 last season and i couldnt believe how versatile they are. They are suuper light but still performs amazingly on pretty much everything. I skied line opus, atomic automatic, 4frnt renegade, and volkl ledge last season but ended up skiing almost only on the candide 3.0.

It would probably behave pretty different to the JJ, its not pin tailed and has a 25 radius and different rocker profile. JJ would be much faster in trees and maybe more fun on powder but my guess is that the 3.0 would destroy it on pretty much everything else.

The one thing i would like to have more from a ski is some more floatation in the powder, you need more speed with the 3.0 to get it up but this is probably a trade off from it being so good on the pist. Its not very slarvy imo. The only other ski im interested in at the moment is the Praxis GPO which im hoping would be the one to rule them all

You will not be disappointed with a candide 3.0 though, it will take you wherever you want and if you do any type of touring the weight will obviously be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    Just lurking.

Sounds like exact description of

Bump just for the "holy fvcking shit that was amazing" video.