Another tire rec thread

I have an old Subaru Forester that sits most of the time in my girlfriend's garage. I'm thinking of putting a new set of all weathers on it, probably for the last time. It lives in Baltimore, where it doesn't snow much, but, when it does, it's her snow car (the Miata is a terror in snow). What's a good, cheap, sorta aggressive all weather for the old thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I have an old Subaru Forester that sits most of the time in my girlfriend's garage. I'm thinking of putting a new set of all weathers on it, probably for the last time. It lives in Baltimore, where it doesn't snow much, but, when it does, it's her snow car (the Miata is a terror in snow). What's a good, cheap, sorta aggressive all weather for the old thing?

I live down in Annapolis and just bought 4 Cooper all weathers from Pep Boys at a good deal. It was buy 3 and get the 4th free. Happy so far. Plus you get the free rotation and all that. I know its not a super popular Bridgestone or BF Goodrich, but they are better than the shit Eagle GT's that just got wasted after 25k.

Pictures of the girlfriend's garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Pictures of the girlfriend's garage?
    Benny has a Forrester and a girlfriend…..Benny is a girl and has a lesbian lover?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Yes, I would also 2nd the recommend for tires on a Forrester. But I would also recommend tires on any 4 wheeled motor vehicle regardless of brand. You can probably get by with 5 tires on a 6 wheeled vehicle, but I can NOT recommend it...

Go with whatever is on sale at the time.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Firestone Destination AT.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Super Swamper TSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hankook Optimo 4S would be perfect but seem to only be available in Canada.

And yeah, Miatas are dicey in the snow.

Check the surveys on tirerack- get enough people to give an opinion and the results turn out to be fairly accurate. General tires for example are pretty inexpensive and I know some people who like them.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-05-2013 at 05:40 PM.

I have General Altimax Arctic On my Mitsubishi wagon year round, they only have a few thousand miles on them but I have no complaints. They were about $65.00 with free shipping from Tirebuyer.com (cheaper than tirerack).
    I only put about 5000 miles a year on the car, live/drive on a lot of dirt roads and am too lazy to have two sets of tires/wheels for everything.