Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    reminder with all this cold....

bring in your pets. make sure the water dish is NOT frozen. cover paws if out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    The last time the ponds froze enough to ice skate there was in January of 93 for about 5 days. Old timers talk about ice skating all the time. Still - winters there are only "harsh" to the transplants from SoCal.
    The small lake (pond) here freezes hard enough about every two years to play hockey on, It's only good for about a week though. When I lived in NY the great south Bay (salt water) would freeze every couple years, All the old ice boats would come out and lots of people would drive across to fire island.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Suppose to be around 68 degrees out tonight.
    May need to go dig out a sweater from storage.
    I was in Kauai one very cold March and the locals were freakin' out. Got down to low 50s at night. News stations were interviewing panicked ppl who didn't know if they had enough blankets to stay warm through the night.

Rookies.

The real cold weather thread has been going on in Sk/Snowboard since 2008. It'll shiver your timbers.

Lethbridge, AB, this morning at 9 a.m. was -33 C with a wind chill of -46. That's -50 F for the non metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Rookies.

The real cold weather thread has been going on in Sk/Snowboard since 2008. It'll shiver your timbers.

Yeah, I know. It's not cold until it's REALLY cold somewhere other than were you live. 3 this morning when I went to feed the animals. 11 now but the sun is shining. Very pretty and very brisk.

Lethbridge, AB, this morning at 9 a.m. was -33 C with a wind chill of -46. That's -50 F for the non metrics.

Isn't it cool that at -40 Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal? Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd.

Forecast for - 36 tonight in Bow Valley. Today was going to be my first day back on skis. Fuck that. Drinking cider and pulling binders off old skis.

I went to open the hatch on my Subie this morning and both hatch struts exploded and the tailgate smacked me in the head enough to lay me out on the street. Have a giant egg on my head now!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

72 now. 74 tomorrow.

Supposed to get to like 28 one night next week so bundle up!
    "Can't you see..."

Fuck all snow around here and a bit cold, I got a chance to do paid indoor work so when you don't work very much ... work when you get the chance
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    72 now. 74 tomorrow.

Supposed to get to like 28 one night next week so bundle up!
    Brutal isn't it? Should help bring out some people for TGR's Way of Life at Sweetwater Brewery though! Wish I could make it.
    I still call it The Jake.

The Nat'l Weather Service has issued a "special weather statement" for my area. Minus 25 windchill Friday to Sunday. Oh joy, this will be a new experience for me. Can't wait.

Our local weather guy was a little excited tonight when he was giving the forecast. Watch-out for frostbite! Bring in your pets! Make sure your livestock has shelter and water! Not a common event for these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    I went to open the hatch on my Subie this morning and both hatch struts exploded and the tailgate smacked me in the head enough to lay me out on the street. Have a giant egg on my head now!
    Damn, because of the cold? That sucks. Ouch.

I went to put a box in the allroad the other day, popped the hatch, turned and picked up the box, turned back to put it in the back and caught the edge of the hatch right across the bridge of my nose - I didn't know that one of the struts is broken so now it only lifts the hatch like halfway. That hurt.

19 degrees in October. It ain't right, it just ain't right.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    19 degrees in October. It ain't right, it just ain't right.
    Neither is 80 here. But it's finally getting cold enough to make snow. Yay.

Name:  StevensPassWA.png
Views: 998
Size:  131.0 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Name:  StevensPassWA.png
Views: 998
Size:  131.0 KB
    snow or ash?

3.8m without power in TX right now. Temps where my relatives live in Tyler are suppose to drop to 1F tonight. That's just crazy.

Yeah, that's fucking nuts. And, it's 3.5 million customers, or bill paying households, so, multiply that number by, what, 3 or 4? No plows, no fucking snow shovels, even, tons of rear drive now useless cars and trucks. Cold fucking night ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, that's fucking nuts. And, it's 3.5 million customers, or bill paying households, so, multiply that number by, what, 3 or 4? No plows, no fucking snow shovels, even, tons of rear drive now useless cars and trucks. Cold fucking night ahead.
    Plumbers will be living large this year.

Saw this today and recalled how real the attitude is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C92DB41E-9902-4150-8036-B24C19450E77.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	363153
    I still call it The Jake.

I rowed crew in high school and we'd start in late February or the first of March. On the Charles River, in Boston. Our coach was this guy Kim Basset, a big burly motherfucker with a brush cut, an evil sense of humor, and a terrible stutter when he got excited.

And when it was cold as fuck and we had practice, he'd get excited. He loved it. He'd come strutting into the locker room, where we were basically trying to hide, smiling ear-to-ear and rubbing his hands together and he'd say (more like bellow): "It's g-g-g-g-g--g-gonna b-b-b-be c-c-c-c-c-cold as a w-w-w-w-w-witch's t-t-t-tit out there, b-b-b-b-boys!!!" And then he'd laugh his ass off and march away.

Man I hated that guy.

Colder than a witch’s tit out there.

Plumbers will be living large this year.
    Plumbers fix is quick. The water mitigation and reconstruction guys stick around for a while though.

Dallas high doesn’t go above freezing until Friday... There’s going to be a lot of broken pipes and damaged buildings.

One of my co-workers lives in Dallas and her power went out this morning. Her house was down to 50 inside by this afternoon. They have a gas fireplace that they’re running nonstop, but it has double paned glass on it to prevent it from throwing too much heat, because it’s Texas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613458570.573177.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	504.0 KB 
ID:	363196

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have friends in Austin with a 5 month old baby that have been in their car with it running since yesterday morning when their power went out.

25 in ATL this AM. Which is fuckin cold for us Woke up to a lite dusting on the recycle bin outside.

(I know cry me a river blah blah blah).
    "Can't you see..."

This is just a sign to all the Texan ski tourists to stay home this year. No need to travel, winter came to you! Enjoy!