Thread: Sunset Cliffs

Sunset Cliffs

Nice swell rolled through thanksgiving day. Took my gear down friday but because of rain I surfed and my multi stayed in the car. Saturday was a nicer day, just small on the size

Enjoy

Oh wow, thanks for that, really enjoyed it. That's my summer neighborhood, although I haven't been in the water right there where you filmed. One of these days.

ps- loved the Lorde, even if nobody else does.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

that's rad keep em coming.

nice! Do you plan to shoot any local mountain biking or SoCal skiing?

Thanks for the thumbs up everyone

Do you plan to shoot any local mountain biking or SoCal skiing?
    Mountain Biking YES!! SoCal skiing? depends on this years snowpack. Im a splitboarder and my friends have assured me they will be willing to haul all the need junk up to the top so, yeah I plan too. But it could happen anywhere between Baldy and Bridgeport

SheRa- Thanks. I love the new Lorde album. In fact Im pretty excited about what seems to be a whole ton of New alternative music coming out lately. And Im an old white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    Thanks for the thumbs up everyone, Im an old white guy.
    No problem with that, join the club. We were there last Friday. My buddy (an old dood) caught the wave of the morning. Got crushed at the end and buckled his board The Cliffs are pretty special in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We were there last Friday.
    Where? I surfed Birdshit between 10am and 12 I chose that spot for a little less size, I hadnt been out in a while and didnt want to battle the huge crowds at Luscumbs

Surfed saturday at birdshit too

Walked down the stairs for North Garbage really early.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Mountain Biking YES!! SoCal skiing? depends on this years snowpack. Im a splitboarder and my friends have assured me they will be willing to haul all the need junk up to the top so, yeah I plan too. But it could happen anywhere between Baldy and Bridgeport
    It would be cool to get some shots of the guys hitting the big stuff at ATT.

Even in bad years, like last year, typically get a couple good backcountry days in. Although the place that might be best for the drone, like Mt. San Antonio's south facing bowl or the east facing shoot on Mt. B-P, need a good amount of snow. Let me know if you need more camera gear haulers or skiers to film

SheRa- Thanks. I love the new Lorde album. In fact Im pretty excited about what seems to be a whole ton of New alternative music coming out lately. And Im an old white guy.
    A whole new ton? Like? I've been working on my ski playlist. I prefer upbeat rather than whiny, more like dance music. Somehow Lorde manages to walk this fine line...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

A whole new ton? Like?
    MsMr , Naked and famous , Birdie, Blondfire , Imagine Dragons,Neon trees, Fun,M83 ,some older ones like Ed Sheeran,Edward Sharp and the magnetic zeros,Of Monsters and Men to name a few. I keep Pandora on "Todays Alternative Radio" and Love it

Hey thanks, will check it out.
    Henry David Thoreau

I really enjoy what you have been doing with your filming. Let me know if you'll ever be on the Central Coast during the fall/winter. There are a few excellent surf spots that could really deliver with your angles. And some really steep cliff walks. That looked like a bunny slope.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Oh wow, thanks for that, really enjoyed it. That's my summer neighborhood, although I haven't been in the water right there where you filmed. One of these days.

ps- loved the Lorde, even if nobody else does.
    I guess I'm a fan too. Heard a different tune by (what must be) them and enjoyed it. This one I don't think I enjoyed as much, but now I will check it out. I was such a early pavement fan, and thought they found the line between whining and driving well.

Great vid!! Thanks for posting.

It was nice to get some surf last weekend, after such a long drought. This video really makes me want to surf Sunset Cliffs. It looked like a solid crowd, but probably worse than the video let on. Those lefts looked really fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    This video really makes me want to surf Sunset Cliffs. It looked like a solid crowd, but probably worse than the video let on.

The Cliffs are the spot to go to when it gets bigger. The only spot I would shy away from would be Newbreak, lots of locals hold that spot down, but the rest are wide open. The channels stay open up to around double-overhead,and some will hold even at tripple overhead.
    So, just go. Nothing like dropping in on a double-overhead, smooth predictable reef break. I like it when there is so much water moving around that when you stand up your still moving up the face,not down the wave. Then its a race to beat the lip

Good Times

nice vid, seems like a big improvement over the MB jetty one. I've got a soft spot for needles for some reason, had more than a few great session there. One memorable one on thanksgiving too.

I really enjoy what you have been doing with your filming. Let me know if you'll ever be on the Central Coast during the fall/winter.
    How about Tahquitz?

That would be a pretty cool run to film for sure, but I'm not sure where the pilot would set up. I figure on needs a good visual of the run. From below it is blocked by trees, and from the top it rolls away out if sight. Maybe along te ridge on the hike in would work. And still hoping for a big snow year for you guys with a snow pack down to 6k. That woul be sweet.

How about Tahquitz?
    Thinking more like Kidd or Gibbs. something closer to the road. Looking for BC partners dec27th-jan 5th. Im a splitboarder. May have to go east or north though. The Sierra is pretty thin