Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You asked for opinions and mine is, I would NEVER buy this product at any price point or use it if given to me with all of the other options out there. [I am no longer freeheeling, back to fixed]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    Color me skeptical but how would a MFD clone be around 150 from Jondrums when dynalook plates are like 120?
    Interesting thought. I wonder how long these SollyFit plates will survive.
    I was interested in and MFD Alltime system because Dukes just suck. I cursed the lever for touring mode / ski mode not just one time , I hate the stack height and build quality. An the frickin riser for steep terrain. I just want my Pivot 14 to be able to tour . I looked at CAST and found it interesting at first but it has too many negative points like the exorbitant price tag. (No I won't pay 300$ for machined aluminium with inserts and 175$ for a conversion of my boots and the shipping from the US to EU).. Next thing is that it must be awfully painfull to change the plates in windy conditions especially when they're covered with ice.
    So yes I'd be interested to buy a copy MFD for 150$. but I don't see the niche because many new tech bindings will be released next season. That means a lot of competition..
    Just my oppinion.

I have them, they ski well, tour ok for short ups. I had Dukes for a bit because they were the only option at the time.... now they aren't. Only had them go into tour mode once when I didn't want them too, fucking around in a lift line.

Overall, I've had no issues with the Alltimes and still think they are a good option (if priced right) for those that don't want techs and don't want dukes (or other traditionally branded AT binders)

I know guys who had problems with them breaking, one of the guys I know had so many problems with the MFDs he eventually got a refund this summer. The screws keep coming loose, eventually there were cracks in the plates on his two MFD setups. Looks like it happened to him at the right time.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Those that have reported reliability issues with the MFD, can you point out what broke specifically? The patent can be seen at arms length, but issues like that would be good to know about; perhaps moreso if there's a plan to lighten the unit.

Similarly, I've seen people say they like the heel lock/riser system, but there's always speculation that any system that can be unlocked with the boots in the bindings might get opened inadvertently. Anybody actually seen that happen on these? I imagine for anyone that hasn't had that happen switch on the fly would be convenient at least sometimes. Just trying to work out the pros and cons a bit more.
    I wouldn't consider this 'broken', but more of an observation....If you see the attached image, I marked in red two small indents (1-2 mm at most) that the STH binding screws leave on the front mount plate. I would not consider this a result of the plate bending but it could be an oversight on MFD's part. I also don't believe it affects the functionality of the plate in any way. However, it doesn't seem like something that should be happening. Er...maybe they were expecting this to happen? Either way I'm not quite sure, but figured it would be useful for you to know. Anybody else observe this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MFD screw mark.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	145983

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    I wouldn't consider this 'broken', but more of an observation....If you see the attached image, I marked in red two small indents (1-2 mm at most) that the STH binding screws leave on the front mount plate. I would not consider this a result of the plate bending but it could be an oversight on MFD's part. I also don't believe it affects the functionality of the plate in any way. However, it doesn't seem like something that should be happening. Er...maybe they were expecting this to happen? Either way I'm not quite sure, but figured it would be useful for you to know. Anybody else observe this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MFD screw mark.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	145983
    Did you mount those with the screws MFD send with the plates?

^^^ that was a known issue.. mfd provided shorter screws for those 2 holes, our the screws could just be ground down a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Did you mount those with the screws MFD send with the plates?
    Yes they were mounted with the replacement screws provided by MFD, which are visibly shorter than the STH screws. Should have clarified that in my first post.

I picked up a pair of MFD's last season for my EHPs and think that they are overall a good product that has a place in the market.
    Things i like:
    -Allows me to use my FKS bindings which I already owned
    -low stack height
    -being able to lock and unlock them on the fly was quite useful for switching to sidehilling (which my wife couldn't do on her barons)
    Things i don't like:
    -Heavy (before I bought I did the math and my fks140s with the mfds were supposed to be similar weight to dukes but man they feel heavy!) This was my first venture into AT stuff and I can't imagine hiking too far in these without some amazing fitness level.
    -At full price they seem expensive, I picked mine up on sale for $115 so no complaints there
    -My front pivot bolt fell out on one (wasn't aware that was a common problem at the time), MFD sent me spare parts and red locktite, I am in the habit of checking them now
    Overall, if they could be manufactured offshore or something so the retail price could be around $150 or something, and if the weight could be lowered as well they could be a pretty cool product.

I remember looking at these a few years ago. Had bought new skis and wanted to buy dukes but was still living in the east and couldn't justify the price (in college). Had they been 100-150 instead of 300, I probably would have had a set on my Czars.

I'm now in BC and if they had been cheaper (and not going out of business with concern on replacement parts) I would probably have considered them. I ended up biting the bullet on some cheap adrenalin's instead.

Price point would have been the big seller and if the weight came down in Rev 2, that would be a big bonus as well. Think it would be a good sell for people starting out

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Same here.
    I desperately need some kind of simple slack/sidecountry easy meadow skipping touring setup.
    Telemark?

Seriously though, I don't think there is a market for these big enough to actually make money.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care