Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    It really doesn't matter much anymore. My quiver is in need of a serious update. Did you see the pics of the slide in Suicide Bowl? Yikes!
    Yes, also rumors Gibbs was triggered in full force but I haven't verified with Mark yet. Apparently a (maggot?) group from The Peoples Republic of Boulder?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Our group triggered that yesterday and submitted the observation on caic. Didn't run very far but it propagated like a motherfucker. At least a 500 ft crown. Wake up call for sure. My partner who triggered it was the 6th skier to hit it. I was at treeline above it when it ripped and damn near fell over from the snowpack collapse.
    You were insane to go near it...there is a reason it is called Suicide Bowl, brah.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Thanks brah. We know that are well but thanks for the tip.

Our group triggered that yesterday and submitted the observation on caic. Didn't run very far but it propagated like a motherfucker. At least a 500 ft crown. Wake up call for sure. My partner who triggered it was the 6th skier to hit it. I was at treeline above it when it ripped and damn near fell over from the snowpack collapse.
    Glad everyone in your group is ok. Thanks for the reports.

Thanks brah. We know that are well but thanks for the tip.
    Which approach did you take? Another buddy said the road cut slid on the "summer" access road as well...did you pass near that area?
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

We took the cutoff to the top of powerline. Didn't notice anything rip near the road but we did see a crown all the way across thunder on our second lap. We left the pass around 1 so could've happened later.

I was rummaging around in a drawer looking for an old issue of Leg Show and came across several coupons for free lunch buffets (with beverage) that are only good through 2013. So we hopped in the car and off we went, braving pounding snow and ground blizzards. Unfortunately when we pulled into the parking lot with growling stomachs after not eaten for 30 straight hours in order to maximize our value, we discovered. . .

In retrospect, we should've called ahead. Dejected, we decided to find something else to do to stretch the legs before a long drive home. I wanted to go up on the pass to put the finishing touches on my comprehensive online guidebook to the area (URL coming SOON, www.secretstashesofthesanjuans.com!) but was outvoted in favor of lift-service. Meh. I have been waiting for Red McCombs to make Wolf Creek into something cool and Vail-like but it's still the same old place. . . .

"Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Guidebook you say?

Been done already.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Been done already.
    Yup...we know how that turned out.

Didn't those guys get murdered?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

No, but they successfully documented every obvious roadside skin track in the area. Instead of "Cold Smoke" it should be called "Capt'n Obvious' Guide to A Bunch of Runs That Most People Already Know About".
    The police never find it as funny as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Bah, that guy was afraid of a little impotent e-rage and Karo syrup in his gas tank. Besides, it's the internet age, brah! The world is shrinking, we're all locals! A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet! I'm sure Chief Ouray wasn't keen on new faces fucking up HIS mountains either but he eventually warmed up to the idea. Besides, if you don't want them skiing YOUR line or their dog shitting in YOUR skintrack then get out of bed earlier!

I have finished all the 3D mapping so all I really need are a few more lifestyle models in action at the pass. I will be up in a few weeks with a trailer full of ArcTeryx in case you want to be featured on the site. No compensation but I will mention you prominently on the site and in the print edition. I could also use a hot blonde in a Stio down vest throwing a tennis ball to a malamute. I will supply the Stio and possibly the hot blonde if you can find a malamute, or equivalent breed.

No beards on my lifestyle model dudes, though. I got enough shots of those already, apparently men in Mineral County are forced to move away if they don't grow one!
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    well for me.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    a few more lifestyle models in action at the pass.
    I look pretty good when backlit or in full profile or backlit in full profile.

Don't get me started on malmutes. Every swinging dick in Colorado has a husky or a malamute and fills their instagram, pintrest, and facebook pages with videos of their "adorable fur kids."

Well, let's just say that falling asleep on a couch with your mouth open and a horny malamute looking for a warm spot to bury a bone... well I'm not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    Don't get me started on malmutes. Every swinging dick in Colorado has a husky or a malamute and fills their instagram, pintrest, and facebook pages with videos of their "adorable fur kids."

Well, let's just say that falling asleep on a couch with your mouth open and a horny malamute looking for a warm spot to bury a bone... well I'm not a fan.
    Wait, you gave a malamute a blow job?!

Brice I've beaten men with a leather glove for having the common sense that you're displaying now.

The good thing is you don't have to ask the dog's name. Just yell out "Yukon, Denali, Chugach' and you are guaranteed results.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    The good thing is you don't have to ask the dog's name. Just yell out "Yukon, Denali, Chugach' and you are guaranteed results.
    You forgot Kaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You forgot Kaya.
    No, you're wrong. Everyone knows thats their kid's name.

Brice I've beaten men with a leather glove for having the common sense that you're displaying now.
    See. This is what I get for leaving the padded room.

12" last night. Another 7" during the day and the passed closed on both sides at 0800. Didn't reopen until 1330. There were 81 people there. Oh yeah! Sorry, no pictures.

Good stuff, get sum powwwwww!!!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Headed to wolf creek next week to meet up with some friends, ~Feb 19-23. Staying in SF. I'm looking to tour around the pass for a day if conditions allow. Any mags up for showing me around would be much appreciated. I'll buy the beers. Gladly reciprocate if ever in the North Oregon cascades.

Oh yeah, we have 3 dogs none of which are malamutes or huskies and none are named after mountain ranges or anything related to AK.

Just got back from 3 days at WC for my bachelor party… holy fuck it was completely bananas… Just make sure to keep your speed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waterfall 4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	150351
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream