Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gonna be out on the eastside wasatch first week of march - family meeting from points east and NW... We'll be based out of Canyons, but hoping to get out elsewhere as well.

I'm sure I'll be bugging some mags looking to hook up and ride, especially as I'll look to bring my AT gear if I can find a willing partner for a day or two... will be glad to supply beer in return for quality mountain tour &/or someone to poke out around the gates with. Between all the flak Canyons/PC gets on layout and the map, it looks like it might be handy to get shown around a bit.

For now:

Any recommendations on where to set my flatlander relatives up for rental gear? Looks like there are tons of cheaper reserve-in-advance off mountain spots that are probably pretty similar. Not looking for hook up, but maybe someone gets referral credit or some are known for better customer service. (Breeze, ski-n-see, ajmotion, canyon, aloha, etc)...
    Six of one, half dozen of another?

I'd check out Aloha rentals right at the Base area, it'll be the most convenient. Don't forget to use a 20% discount card to save some cheese.

I'll probably be around, PM me when you get to town, or if you have any questions.

Maybe I'd be willing to show you around for some of these "real" bagels I keep hearing about
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Pineapple Express still delivering.

Orion, the storm we so needed.

Need I say more?
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

Never seen a line on the 9's at 330pm before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

In slc for the week to get some real skiing in. Heading up to powder mt tomorrow, after being closed the last two days I'm hoping it should deliver! Any recommendations where to go on Tuesday? I was going to try and get out in the BC, but probably not now with the avy conditions. If anyone wants to show me around I'll buy the drinks after...

Snowbasin was very good yesterday above 8000+ ft. Went high and did not come down until closing. Made circuits between the Porcupine and Mid Mtn. lifts. Stayed out of Strawberry as one needed to ski down to get back up. A local bum agreed w/ that strategy. Soapy cement mid-mtn and below. Visibility was tough and wind closed John Paul by noon. While not the feathery blower the Wasatch is known for, it was light and creamy carving snow. Made for great turns under those lifts and thru trees.

My 1st time at Snowbasin. Great place!!! Reminds me of skiing in Swiss Alpes... Big open bowls and meadows surrounded by rock spires and cirques. Ski anywhere you like, plenty of elbow room (weekdays), wonderful mix of terrain and features; open bowls, steeps, well-spaced trees, rocks to hop, etc.

Oh, oh, and the lodges... reminded me Gstaad hotel lobbies, w/ wood paneled walls, carpet on floor, upholstered and leather furniture to sit on, chandeliers, granite bathrooms, etc. Food is well-prepared, very reasonably priced (compared to other ski areas) and, a side order of French-fries are light & crispy and feeds 2. Apres-ski at Cinnabar had live band, nice menu, generous portions, and, UT crafted ales/beers on tap. The locals live well at Snowbasin!

Will def-return as long as 3 conditions are meet; on a weekday, a p0w-day, and my day off.
    Last edited by Lostinthetrees; 02-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

Anyone know how high the rain went?