Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where were you when Kennedy was shot?

I was in grade school. I remember the nuns making us kneel and pray for something we didn't even understand. I came home from school and seeing my Mom visibly upset. I lived in HI then.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

At home or my dads shop, I was only 2.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    residing in my dads nutsack
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    residing in my dads nutsack
    me thinks this will be a common response. i'm just an ol' ass mf.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

No idea where I was when it happened, but my first actual memory is of his funeral, watching it on TV with my mom, the riderless horse and my mom crying and crying. First thing I remember in my life.

The DC folks here might appreciate this one. I was in 6th grade at the Sidwell Friends school in DC. Robert Kennedy's and Robert McNamera's kids (and probably some other politicos') went there and the whole school was in some kind of assembly. The double doors just blew open and over a dozen guys in dark suits hustled in, grabbed those kids and hustled them out. Kind of mind-blowing. The assembly got let out minutes later and I wandered out and a kid told me about JFK. Mind=totally blown.

It was a pretty big deal because we lived in DC about a block from the school. My parents wouldn't let me go outside all weekend because they were concerned about riots or something. That was a weird week for an 11 year old.

Back when I was a gubmint employee I spent a couple months working in DC and I went by to see the exact spot I was standing when I heard the news. I also happenstantially walked a number of times by the church where his service was held and that iconic picture of John Jr. saluting was taken. I didn't have a lot to do on weekends except walk around to see sights.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    me thinks this will be a common response. i'm just an ol' ass mf.
    12 30 64
    so i'd guess about a month or 2 into lbj's term i moved on over to reside in mom for a while
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^ditto, was in moms belly.

in a teenagers belly
    b

I was hanging out waiting to be set free in my old mans nuts.

Was in the second grade. We had just gotten televisions installed in the classrooms, and our teacher, who was in her first year of teaching, let us watch the news.

Other big news of the year was our school became integrated, we had the only black kids in our school in my class. Twins, brother and sister, I'm not sure who was more scared of the other. It all worked out and they were good kids.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Probably sitting in a corner.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

My wife an I just had this conversation this morning. I was in school and remember because the teachers made it a big deal. She's younger, wasn't in school yet and doesn't remember.

2nd grade, Mrs. Hurd's classroom. The younger Mrs. Hurd, her daughter in law, was the student teacher. The principal closed the school day a few minutes early, with no explanation. One of my classmates named John had heard from his older brother than JFK had been shot. I walked home, where I saw my mother crying on the couch with our B&W TV on. Our family, like many others across the USA, huddled together the entire weekend watching TV coverage. We saw Ruby shoot LHO live.

5 years and 1 day later my brother was killed in Vietnam along with 15 fellow GIs in an ambush by NVA troops.

I was one year old, living in Durham NC while my father was in grad school at Duke. It's weird to think that growing up in the 1960s and 70s, assassinations (or attempted assassinations) were sort of normal.

20 years prior to birth. You are some old fucks

Hangin' with these guys for another few years:

...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I love that whole segment^^

I remember hearing about it at lunch on the playground
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I was in 6th grade at the Sidwell Friends school in DC.
    I'm going to have change my characterization of you from "crusty old codger" to "upper crusty old codger".

I was -4 years old.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    You are some old fucks
    Thanks, I hadn't realized that until you brought it up.

But I got to see all the good bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm going to have change my characterization of you from "crusty old codger" to "upper crusty old codger".
    Good one. I know, it took me a long time to appreciate the weirdness of that.

In geometry class hitting on the girl sitting next to me. School was let out and I went home to watch the news. It was on all 3 channels until station sign off a 1 A.M.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Kubrick's handwriting

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Kubrick's handwriting
    Wow.....

spook Guest
    that's weird, my first memory is of shitting out an anal thermometer.

I'm old, but not quite that old!