Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was 6. Don't remember exactly where I was but do remember watching Ruby shoot Oswald.

I was about 6 months old living in Malden, Ma., but probably at relatives in Salem, Somerville, or Southie. It was the days of the Boston Strangler and Women didn't spend much time alone. My mother told me whenever my father was at work she'd be at my Aunts' house, I have a cousin the same age so I was always over there.

before my time...

Breast feeding.
    I was 4 months old.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Breast feeding.
    I was 4 months old.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    12 30 64
    so i'd guess about a month or 2 into lbj's term i moved on over to reside in mom for a while
    me too, end of first trimester

Celebrating my birthday. .
    I've spent most of my life skiing and fly fishing. The rest I have just wasted.

I was right here in the Padded Room waiting for you fucks to show up.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

My dad was 6 months old.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Redneck breeding is amazing shit.

Right about the time I was being conceived...

way before my time but my mother and father can both pinpoint exactly where they were and what they were doing and they were ~10 yrs old.

I assume that is how I will remember 9/11 until the end of my days.../thread drift

Toilet training
    Silent....but shredly.

You really are some old fucks.

BUt props for remembering. Can't be easy at your advanced ages.

6 years old, at school. Barely remember details but I do remember they sent us home early and everyone seemed very shook.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    I assume that is how I will remember 9/11 until the end of my days.../thread drift
    Not really, on the the thread drift. There's events that just burn themselves onto your brain. Like i said, I don't remember JFK dying, but I do remember MLK (for some reason no RFK memory)…the biggest ones for me are 9/11 and Lenny Bias. The Lenny Bias thing you wouldn't understand, but he was fucking Superman. Superman can't die.

It woulda been Bird, Bias, Parrish, McHale, Ainge and DJ. Red's last big bet and it was amazing and the old man pulled it off. I was at Senior Day at Maryland that year, saw Lenny's last Maryland game, sat right behind his family (directly behind his brother Jay, who got murdered later). We were on top of the world man.

Nowhere near as important as JFK of course. But these milestones, markers…they make us. Weird shit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not really, on the the thread drift. There's events that just burn themselves onto your brain. Like i said, I don't remember JFK dying, but I do remember MLK (for some reason no RFK memory)…the biggest ones for me are 9/11 and Lenny Bias. The Lenny Bias thing you wouldn't understand, but he was fucking Superman. Superman can't die.

It woulda been Bird, Bias, Parrish, McHale, Ainge and DJ. Red's last big bet and it was amazing and the old man pulled it off. I was at Senior Day at Maryland that year, saw Lenny's last Maryland game, sat right behind his family (directly behind his brother Jay, who got murdered later). We were on top of the world man.

Nowhere near as important as JFK of course. But these milestones, markers…they make us. Weird shit.
    Not alive for JFK but I was 5 when Len died. I remember my mom telling me and I had forgotten his brother got shot blocks down the street from the old hood.

Wait...JFK was SHOT??? When did that happen?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It woulda been Bird, Bias, Parrish, McHale, Ainge and DJ.
    And you still would have lost to the Lakers in 87! SHOWTIME, NIGGAZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Wait...JFK was SHOT??? When did that happen?
    Two weeks after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I was 2 years old and we lived in Ft. Worth. Mom and older siblings went and saw him in Dallas that morning before he was shot. I seem to recall seeing the funeral on TV but being so young I don't know if I saw it then or in the year or two later.... most of my family were Kennedy fans.

I was six and in an Almart, with my mother, next to the TV displays. All these women started screaming as the newscaster announced, "The President has been shot." Stunned, my mom said something like, "omg", but maintained her composure. It was a crazy time, growing up with all the assassinations, riots, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The DC folks here might appreciate this one. I was in 6th grade at the Sidwell Friends school in DC. Robert Kennedy's and Robert McNamera's kids (and probably some other politicos') went there and the whole school was in some kind of assembly. The double doors just blew open and over a dozen guys in dark suits hustled in, grabbed those kids and hustled them out. Kind of mind-blowing. The assembly got let out minutes later and I wandered out and a kid told me about JFK. Mind=totally blown.

It was a pretty big deal because we lived in DC about a block from the school. My parents wouldn't let me go outside all weekend because they were concerned about riots or something. That was a weird week for an 11 year old.

Back when I was a gubmint employee I spent a couple months working in DC and I went by to see the exact spot I was standing when I heard the news. I also happenstantially walked a number of times by the church where his service was held and that iconic picture of John Jr. saluting was taken. I didn't have a lot to do on weekends except walk around to see sights.
    Wow...that's a pretty close association and incredible experience. Did you go to the funeral or see the procession?

We lived in Wilmington and my aunt was in DC, so we used to visit almost every other weekend. We went and watched the procession with the horse drawn coffin and then waited for hours to see him under the rotunda of the capitol. I remember it very well, but the funny part is, my sister was on my Dad's shoulders, so this "man" offered to put me on his. I was reluctant because the dude looked like a lady... a tranny.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Swimming around some dudes nut sack.

I wasn't alive yet, but my parents tell me that the first big event of my life was the family gathering around the newly purchased tv to watch the moon landing. Can't say I remember it though.

Third grade. The principal came in to announce that Kennedy had been assassinated. No one knew what that word meant. I remember when Bobby got shot by Sirhan, too. I have always been a news junkie. *Side note - somewhere, at some time in my travels, I met a guy who was braggin about his brother in the CIA. He had his bro's graduation yearbook and showed me a pic. Guess who was in it? LHO.

2 months from vaginal insertion.