Advice on a Pow ski? Have one to sell/trade?

Howdy all. I'm looking to get a new Pow ski and could use a little advice.
    I ski mainly in Taos where we've got steeps, some open bowls, a lot of tight chutes, moderately narrow trees, with a lot of groomers in-between.
    I'm 5' 9" and 140 lbs. I'm looking for a pow ski that can carve groomers without feeling like a floppy noodle, that's stiff enough to charge crud and take 15 ft drops, but that's still playful pow. Thinking about a Moment Bibby Pro 186, Atomic Automatic, PM Gear, S7. Any suggestions or tips on skis for sale greatly appreciated.

sounds like you should check out the Movement Goliath that i'm selling here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...n-a-65MPH-SALE!

a do it all mid-fat that's a crud-crushing, pow-floating, groomer carving machine.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I've got 191 Lhasa pow fats for sale. Pretty much awesome skis.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Read blister gear review, they love taos

Sent from my VS930 4G using TGR Forums

i have some 191 ON3P caylors for sale

Selling some like new, 184cm Moment Deathwishes....great 1 ski quiver. Floats me fine at 175lbs.

If you want to save dough, buy them flat and I will sell the FKS bindings separate.

Not as stiff as some skis....it it is a 7/10 = a playful ski that can charge a bit (vs a charger that is playful....ie old Bibby which is 8/10 in stiffness) .....you will be fine though at 140 lbs. Search in Gear Swap.

K

Doesn't Levelnine have S7s for sale for the price of admission to a movie?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Buy my nearly new 186 Atomic Automatics

Popular, playful pow ski that can also carve on the groomers. Good in tight spots.

I've also got some Atomic Tracker 13s for sale (size L) that could be mounted on these. Mount +1.5 or so for a more playful ski and more tail for landings.
    Last edited by whatsupdoc; 12-20-2013 at 05:43 PM.

176 ON3P Vicik, 180 Soul 7, 182 Salomon Rocker2 108, 179 Line Influence 105, 177 Blizzard Cochise

i have that model of movement goliath that pfluffenmeister is selling and it is a great ski. skis like a fat race ski. well made plus you gotta love that green / yellow graphic - wont loose in astorm.

great ski at a great price

I've got a 179 EHP that I'd let go for pretty damn cheap

No request so far for nekked pics of his girlfriend

This place is getting soft.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Hard to say without pics of your girlfriend, but I would stay out of the 190's range.

Taos has LOTS of tight spots, and less big open ripping turn areas than many ski areas. I think, at your weight and height, you would appreciate a more manageable size ski.

My advice would be to look for something 186 and shorter, with decent rocker so it does not feel too huge in those tight chutes and trees. Probably something on the lighter slightly more flexible side of the spectrum as well. Grab some different sticks when you want to ride the groomers!

I think a rossi soul 7 in 180 would be a great option for you, if you can get a deal on them. Probly not going to find a used pair yet...

Or, for the right price, I would consider parting with my beloved 178 Rossi RC112s. Which sound like EXACTLY what you want. 112 under foot, Charges like a bigger ski, busts crud like a champ, generous tip rocker, serious camber under foot, and not too much sidecut (one thing i dont care for on the older generation s7).

oh, and for what its worth, "advice" threads usually go in the tech talk area. Just sayin'

185 Line Motherships mounted at the line with Marker Jesters.

9/10 Condish

$325 Shipped to your door.

Thanks for all the responses. Moment Goliath's look sweet but 191 is a bit long. Good advice rheilman and next time I'll tech talk it up. A naked girlfriend wood be sweet, I'm buyin pow skis to fill the void.

^^^ they don't ski that long.

i'm ~5'9" 145#.

just sayin'.

edit: not to mention that i just knocked down the price to $150 + ship.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I've got some 186 EHPs and 186 Renegades for sale.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I've got some line influence 115s in 179cm. Let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my mind to your eyes.

I have a 186 Lhasa for sale. Blems as reported in my for sale thread $250 plus ship.
    Move along nothing to see here.

I’ve got some 173 Icelantic Shamans with two mounts I’d sell for pretty cheap. They’re designed to ski much longer than they are.