Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If you always ski alone or with some one who uses 65mm skins on their 100mm skis you will be fine
    A laugh out loud comment!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    classy? it's not 1974, skiing's not classy.
    Nor is it pretty.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Scotsman, why not file a notch in your tails?

Or a teensy bead of glue on either side of where one wants the clip.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Scotsman, why not file a notch in your tails?
    #1 Don't have a file....and I'm genetically not suited to any manual labor.
    #2 I'm reluctant to violate the sanctity of a DPS ski...it's against the Church of DPS tenants and I'm scared I will burn in hell.

BUt... Yes I'm going to do it......thanks for the inspiration.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

the newest G3 tails with the cam will stay on a JJ almost all the time so they should stay on the 112's but the G3 TwinTip clip will definatley stay on all the time

I wouldn't file grooves in a full wrapped ski edge
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I wouldn't file grooves in a full wrapped ski edge
    I like my colltex skins.
    ANd yes...that was my concern..... you know how finicky these damn DPS skis are.....file a notch and the next thing you have edges springing out of the hand laid by nuns pre-peg carbony stuff.

and so what I hear you saying is I didn't miss anything and you don't care to share with the rest of the class just how exciting your life is and the state of maine has seen fit to save you from yourself
    ECRC - best place to find up to the minute info on what Rog is doing, or what others should/shouldn't be doing. i am riveted by the bike trail installation currently being undertaken - stoke factor is off the charts!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

those are reverse prevention spikes when they spring out like that.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Just curious, but if you split the skin to the outside edges and put them on skis with pink bases would it look like a giant vagina?
    Yes, my vag skins are my current workhorse in the backcountry. Works good. Not great, but I've adjusted my technique and can climb pretty much whatever I want.

See the thread here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...New-to-touring

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman50 View Post
    I like my colltex skins.
    ANd yes...that was my concern..... you know how finicky these damn DPS skis are.....file a notch and the next thing you have edges springing out of the hand laid by nuns pre-peg carbony stuff.
    I thot DPS skis were hand laid by druid virgins?

just buy the G3 TT tail kit for like 20$ and puth them on your coltex skins

you don't need to be a rocket biologist to instal them

OTOH if you write software ...maybe not?

Hugh Conway Guest
    dude, the corest bros get mad poon everyday all day. it's slaying waist deep pow, then fingerbanging models, and with the remaining 5 minutes of daylight they are laying the carbon fiber shatout by Phillipino ladyboys into the mold

get with it. I bet you don't even have inserts in all of your skis so you can pick which of the 50 different touring bindings for the appropriate run.

just buy the G3 TT tail kit for like 20$ and puth them on your coltex skins

you don't need to be a rocket biologist to instal them

OTOH if you write software ...maybe not?
    Good idea....I just hate giving up on the Colltex tailclip....It was designed by da Swiss so it's supposed to be tuetonictly superior...

Looks like I need to come down and tour with you and get those Colltex skins sorted out for your Scots.

It really should be set them once and never move them again all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post

get with it. I bet you don't even have inserts in all of your skis so you can pick which of the 50 different touring bindings for the appropriate run.
    No inserts here in the mancave at all ... cuz I just want an excuse to buy more skis

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Looks like I need to come down and tour with you and get those Colltex skins sorted out for your Scots.

It really should be set them once and never move them again all season.
    Do it Dood...you know you want to...Me and Brit will show you a good time......

Thanks, patco, nice to hear from folks who have actually done this.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    rog, you never get snow buildup under your tail ever?
    i know it's possible but really, no clips and they just stay tight, even on sidehill uphill undulating dogs walking on em breaking trail in a foot o wet?
    does it always work or just under rog best case everytime adventure?
    don't get mad, just letting you realize today it is not always perfect for everyone else.
    here's some fuel and holler if you ski the pnwet in the future.
    i'm sure I've had some snow get under the tails of my skinz at some point just like I've had some snow get under the skin up near the tip, which is more common as yer sliding yer ski forward, not back. unless you slip. but nope, never had a flapper in over 1000 days of touring with multiple transitions on the average day. keep skins in my coat, not in coat pockets, folded in half and wrapped around my body with my packs waist belt holding them up. warm glue is sticky glue. when taking skins off skis I keep 100% of the skins up and out of the snow. when putting skins back on, I take a rag that I keep in my pack and thoroughly wipe my ski bases to get any and all water or snow off of my bases. I then put my skins on and rub them with gloved hand from tip to tail a coupla times. when storing skins, don't use cheat sheets. glue to glue is the best way to keep the glue sticky and keep dust and debris off of skins when their put away for months and months. the cheat sheets have all of those lil holes that expose the glue to foreign invasion. throw the fucking cheat sheets away when you get new skins. have trouble pulling skins apart? yer a pussy.

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 11-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You guys can have your hissy e-fights but sfb has been really kind to me and is someone I respect.
    i'm sure he's a great guy to you, but doesn't mean he can ski. i'm not taking his shit if he can't make good schuss. I've seen him in person. we both worked at solitude at the same time. he's a fucking SPORE. he got nothing

and if you ever noticed, it is HE who comes after me on here when I say something. anything, not stuff about him. it's hardly ever been the other way around.

then you got this nopostholio guy. his only stoke is following me around TGR like a lil lap dog. what a fucking PUSSY!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    have trouble pulling skins apart? yer a pussy.

rog
    I just don't believe you...1000 days..no tail flap....you are the Pete Perfect of ski touring...... you need to come tour in the PNW and we'll see how your tails stick...We'd guarantee you a good time plus winter surfing in the PNW.....who can resist that.....come on up rog baby....you can help Mofro pull his skins apart and mine!

Skins never stick when it's -20 standing atop George.

I'm not going to read this whole shit show about stupid shit that's been discussed ad nauseam, but I think your ok ass long ass your on soft snow and not doing too much side-hilling. I used 92mm on a 126 for a couple months. But it was all one direction, so id put the skin on the inside edge. If I ever did a switchback I would just pull the skin over to the other side. Not ideal, but being broke never is...

Edit: Funny that Swype favors ass over as
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

110 straight skins works fine for me in powder on 140-115-120 skis. Never really had a problem with slipping, sidehilling or otherwise, even on firm packed tracks. For non-powder tours, I use wall-to-wall ascensions though (different skis). 65 for 100 underfoot sounds pretty bad. Can't imagine that working very well.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    i'm sure he's a great guy to you, but doesn't mean he can ski. i'm not taking his shit if he can't make good schuss. I've seen him in person. we both worked at solitude at the same time. he's a fucking SPORE. he got nothing

and if you ever noticed, it is HE who comes after me on here when I say something. anything, not stuff about him. it's hardly ever been the other way around.

then you got this nopostholio guy. his only stoke is following me around TGR like a lil lap dog. what a fucking PUSSY!

rog
    I like this SFB guy already -

But back on topic - 80mm straights on my cham 87's in summer corn worked fine
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Skins never stick when it's -20 standing atop George.
    yes, they do. but why are you putting skins on at the top of a mountain?

rog

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    I like this SFB guy already -
    you would. you both move about the same.

rog