Got a favorite thermos?

I realize that "thermos" is a brand, so do you have a favorite insulated beverage container?

I am pretty damn picky about my coffee, and I genuinely love hot, alcoholic beverages during ski season. But I've been struggling with carrying said beverages. I have one of the traditional, big-ass, Stanley lunch-bucket style thermoses just like the one my grandpa used to carry to work every day at the factory. It's good. If I preheat it, and don't open it, my coffee is still hot 6 hours later. If I open it, and use it steadily, I'll still have drinkably hot coffee for a couple of hours or more (but a half full thermos always cools down prety fast). But it's huge.

I also have a Thermos brand travel cup that is absolutely the best, but with variations in altitude it will leak. In between those two, I have gone through a series of smaller thermos type devices without finding one that works well.

So does anyone have a recommendation for an insulated beverage holder of 12-16 ozs, that will actually fit in a very small pack, or even a large jacket pocket, and that works for longer than an hour or two?

Hydroflasks are pretty solid.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Not really a thermos, but I love my stainless camelback insulated better bottle.

Second on Hydro Flask. I started with the 40oz and liked it so much I grabbed a 64oz beer growler and the 18oz for taking coffee in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I have the Thermos Nissan variety stainless steel vacuum beverage bottle in the 16oz. Simple, keeps a full thermos hot for 6hrs or more, withstands abuse, and so far no leaks. Can be a little tough to open when half full and hands are a bit wet (vacuum really seals when the hot air cools slightly). I'd get another.

New Stanley Insulated mugs are the shit. One touch to drink. Double stainless. You can turn it upside down and it doesn't leak a drop. Keeps coffee hot on the commute and they are tall/skinny to fit in a car cup holder or jacket pocket. I'm pretty smitten if you couldn't tell.

I started a coffee thread a couple of months ago in the padded room, search for that. there was a lengthy discussion in there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nissan Vacuums rule.

Zojirushi is the best I have used. Super light, stays hot for a REALLY long time. Look at the Tuffslim: http://www.zojirushi.com/products/svghe

I use it all winter ski touring, ice climbing, camping, general use.

Another vote for Tuffslim. Keeps stuff hot, doesn't leak, tough, and push button opening.