Free Avy Continuing Education Coursed in North Conway NH

Jeff Lane will be teaching a monthly class every second Saturday on avalanches at IME. First one is 12/14/13 and will focus on an early season snowpack. Class is meant as continuing ed for people who have taken an avy course or are otherwise somewhat proficient with terms etc.

Damnit *course*

IME is a great place, and this just confirms it again. I may need some more prayer flags if anyone is going, can never have too many of those things.... right?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Here is a synopsis of the course.

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...SAW-Con-Ed.pdf

Think I will be there 2/8 as I know I will be in North Conway that weekend. Would like to hit the earlier ones, but there will need to be worthwhile snow to come up for.

Fist session is Sat night.

Second session tomorrow...

Went on Saturday and the discussion was on "mixed mode anti crack theory". It was the most technical one of the courses. Very interesting talk and it was a small class so there was a lot of time for questions and interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Fist session is Sat night.
    Well this thread took an unexpected turn!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Here's this weekend's installment:

In case you're looking for something to do Saturday night that doesn't involve being outside in the rain, it's the final night for the ESAW Continuing Education Series. We'll be getting started at 7pm at IME in North Conway, probably ending around 8:30pm. This is a free presentation open to the public. Any and all are welcome.

Case studies of avalanche incidents from this season will be presented. There will be a couple local incidents as well as a couple notable ones from the western states.

Friends of the Mount Washington Avalanche Center will be there as well, with some gear to give away.

Hope to see you there,
    Jeff Lane
    Snow Ranger—Mount Washington Avalanche Center
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Anyone go or hear more about this?

The southeast snowfields of the summit cone were triggered in the afternoon. The failure layer was a layer of facets beneath the January 11 rain crust.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums

friend of mine was up there. called me last night to tell me tale. said it was big and loud.

thinks a group of 3 may have triggered or weakened it to the point of failure. wouldn't have wanted to be in the runout......

rog

fenris just posted this pic:

looks like a busy day up there....

rog