Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Nice up there this morning. Tons of wind transport and plenty of fresh. Stanley went BIG this morning and shut down the road for ~2.5hrs.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Stanley went BIG this morning and shut down the road for ~2.5hrs.
    From FOBP Facebook page. God damn vertical videos!

Got to the parking lot at 5:45 am yesterday. We were the only car there until a CDOT truck pulled in and told us we weren't allowed to leave until we got the go-ahead after avy-blasting. We got the go-ahead about 2 hours later so we took a silly deep lap and skied down to the Current Creek pull out. Upon arrival at the pull-out the pass was re-closed and we were supposed to wait there for it to re-open. We waited for another ~2 hours. After that we just took laps on the upper west side.

Long story short, we waited around for a long time yesterday, but got some really good skiing. It was totally worth it and we avoided the nightmare on I-70. Early start is the way to go.

When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

For the love of Pete...how am I the only person who's posting stoke in here from the last week? It's been so good out there! Took a couple fat-to-flats on Tuesday and had nothing but pow in the face everywhere in between. Posted this in another thread but thought BP folks would enjoy it.

Landed just below the bottom of this pic. (photo courtesy of Andrew Lussie Photography)

See you out there.
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

A bunch of us got great turns at Berthoud the other day. No big hucks and no pro photographers just blower face shot turns while hooting and hollering

nice work, Joel! Inbounds has been skiing so damn well every single day I haven't gotten over there in a while, hopefully this coming week!

Dug a pit today for a east north east right at tree line approx 35 degrees. Everything was very stable, the last few storms bonded well. Had one slight fracture at 6in and one at 12, but there was no real weakness in the snow structure itself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TGR Forums

I dug a pit a few days ago in summit county at the same aspect/el/pitch and came to the same conclusion. At least 3 feet of well bonded snow. Still sitting on at least 3 feet of facets...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Anybody out today? Love to get a report.

We got into Vortex couple days ago and it was delicious. A foot of blower atop sunbaked crust. Some folks were getting after it. Stacking perty lines from Skullbite up Current Creek Bench. Saw a bozo drop the gut of Mines 1 solo. We avoided the gully below Mines 1 and 2 heading into Seven Mile. Several recent layers are well consolidated, from atop the SE aspect of Vortex.
    Brought the pup on his first ski trip and he did well.

On first

Spring snowpack is here - super consolidated in most places just watch out for windslab and a dust layer. Got after some nice lines the past 2 weeks including the fingers lookers left of hell's half and stanley slide path! [ATTACH=CONFIG]153926
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-6.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	153926  

Quote Originally Posted by powderphan View Post
    Spring snowpack is here - super consolidated in most places just watch out for windslab and a dust layer. Got after some nice lines the past 2 weeks including the fingers lookers left of hell's half and stanley slide path! [ATTACH=CONFIG]153926
    I don't think it's accurate to say "spring snowpack is here", but things are getting safer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by quienes? View Post
    We got into Vortex couple days ago and it was delicious. A foot of blower atop sunbaked crust. Some folks were getting after it. Stacking perty lines from Skullbite up Current Creek Bench. Saw a bozo drop the gut of Mines 1 solo. We avoided the gully below Mines 1 and 2 heading into Seven Mile. Several recent layers are well consolidated, from atop the SE aspect of Vortex.
    Brought the pup on his first ski trip and he did well.
    Your dog rips...

My buddy lost a ski on the pass yesterday, its located somewhere near the "Skullbite" run. Probably to the west of it. We are thinking it is still somewhere on the face since we could not locate it in the valley. The ski is a Carbon Convert with fritschi diamir bindings. Please let me know if you located it. thanks.

ski found!

Want gas? Pull my finger.

Will be up at sunrise tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up message me

Holla back with report. Heard the stability was questionable

5/10 report on CAIC ....

3 riders ascended to the peak of mount Stanley from the east side stopping around 150 vertical feet before reaching the summit. Riders A and B stopped there with rider C ascending the rest of the way to the summit. Rider A crossed the initial slide path and came to rest on a bench on the opposite side, rider B followed once rider A was safe and came to rest just west of Rider A's stopping point. Once rider A and B were in the agreed upon zone it was communicated that Rider C should continue with his descent. Rider C came off of the peak following the spine separating the East and west paths for about 200 vertical feet, rider C then entered the the south east path dropping from the spine. Upon rider C's entry a storm slab failed and quickly stepped down into a weak layer around 3 feet deep. Within seconds the entire cirque failed at ridge line around 3 feet down. Rider C was caught and carried around 800 vertical feet, riders A and B were caught while trying to keep eyes on C and were also swept several hundred feet down the slope. Riders A and B came to a rest on top of the snowpack, rider C was partially buried but able to self rescue. The path itself ran around 2,400 vertical feet before coming to a rest around 20 yards before hitting the road.
    F-R-O-double-G

pretty lucky.

Shit your pants lucky.

Mon 5-12 was all time up there. East side Floral Gardens was deep, cold, blower ... 10 degrees at 7am. Pit and CT showed new snow (24"+ on east side, less on west) bonding well with old layers at treeline. Hope it stays good. Best day of the year was May 12. Who'da thunk. http://www.tout.com/m/z1oy77
    On first