Looking for touring partners in Jackson

I recently moved to Jackson and have yet to find any touring partners. I have seen ski tracks here and there on Teton pass and I'm itching to get out. I have an avi-1 course under my belt and am planning to take the refresher course in December. I am an expert resort skier and have all the necessary gear as well as a truck to get me up to the hill.

I'm looking for someone with experience in the area that can show me some decent places to ski.

Let me know if you are interested. I hope I came to the right place!

I'm always down for meeting new people. I'm just doing some mellow lines now to start it off the winter. Once the year gets going lets meet up once the village opens up & kill it. Hit me up sometime if ya need a partner. Be careful early season, right now the snowpack can rip the with ease.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

I'm down for some bootpacks, but have no AT set up as of yet. I gotta a big SUV to move us and our gear around tho...

My buddy was saying there's knee deep pow at the top of snow king, so I cant even imagine what it's like on glory.
    Last edited by vailszendrei; 11-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.

@altaholic Thanks for the response! I will shoot you a pm when the resort opens, or if I decide to venture out before then. The snowpack does not look great, and I heard the pass is crazy packed right now.

@vailszendrei - Do you have avi gear? If so I would be down to go, I have gone bc with boot packers before. Thanks for the response!

Pass hasn't been crazy busy and there are still lots of rocks... Meadow skipping is still the ticket

Stop by TM and pick up the ski atlas as well ad turianos book. They should be able to keep you entertained for years. Good luck and don't hitch hike from below the gut or the northeast ridge please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

I will keep that in mind! Thanks for the tips

Also new in town and don't know anybody here. I have AT gear and also avi gear but no avi training. Planning on taking a course early this season. I'd love to try out some touring or meet some people to ski at the village.

@HVskier shoot me a pm if you want to go for a tour. I only work 3 days a week right now. I will also be skiing the village often starting the 29th

Ill be at the vil everyday this season. Yay for night jobs! Went up the pass for some mellow action on the south side, very nice and lightish, and surprisingly decent coverage.

Anyone going up today? We will be the skittles thumbing our way to the pass and back.

^ just skied a few laps on the pass with HVskier this morning. Might go up again this weekend. Shoot me a pm if you want to come!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Anyone going up today? We will be the skittles thumbing our way to the pass and back.
    Just don't hitch in or near the gut of Glory! Thanks!
    (ski down to Wilson)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just don't hitch in or near the gut of Glory! Thanks!
    (ski down to Wilson)
    thanks for the advice! we are more into touring than bootpacking at the moment. people have been super nice, stopping and picking us up from varying locations (hoback junction wilson top parking lot). yesterday was great yet again. will be hitching again today. wear your ear muffs its chilly this morning.

shreddinggnar i will send you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    we are more into touring than bootpacking at the moment.
    Just keep your skintrack out of the bootpack. This is Jackson after all.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Just keep your skintrack out of the bootpack. This is Jackson after all.
    damnit, i knew we euros were doing it wrong all along.

New in Jackson and looking for some touring partners. My schedule is wide open. I have an avi-1 course and avi gear. Done some touring in the Wasatch. Also looking to get in some ice climbs if there is anyone interested.