Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    To be fair, the cirque was skiing surprisingly deep Sunday afternoon with a lot of wind moving snow around, plus the graupel that accumulated lower down the pitches. That could have been a nearly real number.

NE aspects around brighton this morning skied well. Other stuff was definitely a bit wind scoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    NE aspects around brighton this morning skied well. Other stuff was definitely a bit wind scoured.
    agreed. skinned milly before work and bcc in general and brighton was an absolute ghost town at 6:30. saw only two cars when i left, assuming one was yours : ) was nice to feel like winter for a couple hours again and riding some fresh. it aint over yet.

Apparently noobs in this thread (page) dont know what happens to snow in april

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    IT MELTS?

It leaves a lag deposit of dirt?
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Enlighten us, great shaman of the Wasatch.

The snow doesn't go anywhere, it's the skiers that give up. The Cottonwood resorts have the best coverage of the season, but most are boarded up tight. Sad. All those pages of stoke are like piss in the wind now.

Today Brighton had about 10" new with 2-3" falling while I was there, and it was snowing hard when I left around 8pm. Snow was grabby on the lower sections and wind-scoured up high, so short laps in the middle were the order of the day.

3 powder days so far this week, and anticipating another tomorrow.
    Last edited by Plinko; 04-28-2014 at 12:33 AM.

^^^

My Stoke-o-meter has been pegged all weekend.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

FOUND!!!
    A pair of ski poles....abandoned...in the mid Grizzly parking lot. Right at the exit from the Emmas. Are they yours? Message me with a description and I'll get them back to you.
    They were so sad and lonely, just sitting there in the slush.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
    The snow doesn't go anywhere, it's the skiers that give up.
    ^^ amen plinko. rode at the bird sat, toured bcc sun and only saw 1 other person. real nice skiing .. mas manana

If you live along the Wasatch front or back and own skis, but have not used them in the last three days, you blew it.

one of the my favorite mornings this year ... stellar turns, snow was way good and ended up well over an hour late for work.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    one of the my favorite mornings this year ... stellar turns, snow was way good and ended up well over an hour late for work.

Way to get after it, yesterday skied about as good as it can get. Some years we have more snow, some years (last) we have less but when it is finally said and done we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post

beautiful..

Went up and skied the east of the twin couloirs on Deseret today. Soft wind affected pow in the chute, shitty unsupportable wet snow down low. They did open the gate up to Medina flat today, unfortunately they did it after I already had been through. Well I guess I needed the exercise. Road is dry all the way to the loop so bike would be nice. Did get to sit under the east face for a while and watch some sweet wet slides come down which was a nice bonus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	154973

Name:	IMG_1015.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	890.6 KB 
ID:	154974

Name:	IMG_1024.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	984.6 KB 
ID:	154975

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	154976
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	154972  
    If carrots got you drunk; rabbits would be fucked up.

- Mitch Hedberg

So awesome. What's the vert from that loop?

I think it was around 13 mi and 4500', you can cut 4 off of that though now that the road is open partway.
    If carrots got you drunk; rabbits would be fucked up.

- Mitch Hedberg

Some Wasatch play.

Best
    Gary Begley www.garybegleysports.com

Anyone been up this week?? How are the conditions?? Bruce has stopped issuing avy reports for the season. All this rain in the valley must be snow in the mtns. Snowbird is reporting 1" anyone in the know on how good it is - has been the last 2 days??

we've got about 1-2" new in the past day at 8600' big cottonwood canyon. moderate snow has just started again and radar looks good for a bit. temps have been warm all day, so the substrate may not be too stiff. it might be good skiing on formerly groomed runs this evening or tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    we've got about 1-2" new in the past day at 8600' big cottonwood canyon. moderate snow has just started again and radar looks good for a bit. temps have been warm all day, so the substrate may not be too stiff. it might be good skiing on formerly groomed runs this evening or tomorrow morning.
    I felt better about living in BCC when I didn't know anyone from the internet who was pissing up canyon from me. We should get together for a beer sometime, JMed.

Any of you weather shamans have a guess for this next system moving through? Last week's storm wasn't much in the long term forecast but ended up delivering nicely..

Was planning on heading out of town tmrw and I'm trying to decide if I should delay my departure or not.. delaying my summer drudgery for a few more Pow turns sounds delightful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    you can cut 4 off of that though now that the road is open partway.
    Gotcha, really like the look of those lines and the setting. Thanks for sharing

east side was skiing very well this evening, the base didnt refreeze before the couple inches of fluff fell; nice and surfy.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1399523232.203186.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	155127