Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I'm thinking 90-95mm Mantra/Kendo with early rise. Narrower than the Mantra, stiffer and longer radii than the Kendo. Probably closer to 90mm.

Agreed on ripping hard snow skis, except the newish Gotama and the RTMs. Those things just suck, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I'm thinking 90-95mm Mantra/Kendo with early rise. Narrower than the Mantra, stiffer and longer radii than the Kendo. Probably closer to 90mm.

Agreed on ripping hard snow skis, except the newish Gotama and the RTMs. Those things just suck, imo.
    Stiffer than the Kendo? Why? It is a stiff ski as it is, one of the stiffest in the segment already.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Its not a Mantra otherwise (or was it softened to a Kendo in the last 3-4 years?). I'm thinking Explosiv too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    I'd have a hard time believing they would make the Mantra narrower and I agree, I don't think they would totally nix that name/product line.
    I agree re width. They aren't going to have widened the Mantra for a few seasons and then narrow it back down-- and call it the Mantra.

The trend in Germany/Austria is definitively moving towards fatter and less traditional after lagging the US in this way. Maybe V is going to offer a few more modern designs alongside a smaller stable of its current best sellers.

Fwiw, Dana posted on instagram a pic of the tips of the 109 atomic automatic

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Fwiw, Dana posted on instagram a pic of the tips of the 109 atomic automatic
    There was a pic up earlier with the whole lineup with a series of autos ala sollys q-series. Can't remember the widths.

All the big guys look to be simplifying and consolidating their lines, which is long overdue for volkl in particular. Cost has to come down as the prices of skis are falling. I.E. The whole q-series share rocker profile, which saves on tooling, changeover time and marketing.

Volkl also need to build skis for the more playful part of the market, which they've pretty much ignored since the (poorly selling?) chopsticks.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

It was here....THE MAN..made them take it down
    http://www.skipass.com/forums/sports/ski/sujet-127915-0.html
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    So the posts about a 14 din beast just got pulled. Might be something to them, then?

Why 14? 12 would suffice and might save some weight off the spring and overall construction of they went all minimalist on every single part. (I know the design isn't exactly minimalistic...)
    new din 14 dynafit is confirmed.

dynafit radical will be replaced by a radical 2.0 which will sport a rotating toepiece which will significantly differ from the beast toepiece. the new 14din dynafit will have the beast heelpiece (or something very similar) and radical 2.0 toepiece.

there will also be new dyna rando racing stuff (boots with 500gr/27, bindings with 75g).

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post

dynafit radical will be replaced by a radical 2.0 which will sport a rotating toepiece which will significantly differ from the beast toepiece. the new 14din dynafit will have the beast heelpiece (or something very similar) and radical 2.0 toepiece.
    any word on price?
    I like many ideas on the beast, but realistically I don't need DIN 16 for dedicated touring, and I don't need to be shelling out $1K.

What does it tell us that a binding brand like Look has 2 rebranded touring bindings?(Guardian/Tracker and Plum Guide)
    Are they working on something new with Rossi?

dynafit radical will be replaced by a radical 2.0 which will sport a rotating toepiece
    I like this, I don't need a Beast for touring but elastic toe travel coupled with light weight would be awesome if it means I don't need to ski 90% of the time with the toe locked.

there will also be new dyna rando racing stuff (boots with 500gr/27, bindings with 75g).

freak~[&]
    If they share the current Radical mount pattern I will probably buy one or both of these bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If they share the current Radical mount pattern I will probably buy one or both of these bindings.
    Agreed. And if the swapping the brakes didn't require disassembling the entire baseplate, that would be even better. Still don't understand why they switched from the Vertical brake style to the Radicals horrible brake attachment system.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Thanks for the wishes. I haven't heard anything from Look/Rossi other than a 12 DIN Pivot coming.
    I DIN chart at 5.5 DIN level 3, i'd like to get rid of my Pivot 14's for the 12's!
    So far i've kept my 14's spotless. Been placing a small section of pvc tubing over the poll tip before pushing down on the dildo to exit them, i'm a dork, don't know how much longer i can keep that up! Too bad the 12 DIN's won't be on the market this January 2014! Just my luck the new 12 DIN will also be available in a color which is the color of the stock plastic and not painted which ends up looking dreadful as the ski poll tips chew up the plastic dildo exiting. D@mit, had a feeling i should've held off buying and rented demos for another year!

Quote Originally Posted by neonorchid View Post
    I DIN chart at 5.5 DIN level 3, i'd like to get rid of my Pivot 14's for the 12's!
    So far i've kept my 14's spotless. Been placing a small section of pvc tubing over the poll tip before pushing down on the dildo to exit them, i'm a dork, don't know how much longer i can keep that up! Too bad the 12 DIN's won't be on the market this January 2014! Just my luck the new 12 DIN will also be available in a color which is the color of the stock plastic and not painted which ends up looking dreadful as the ski poll tips chew up the plastic dildo exiting. D@mit, had a feeling i should've held off buying and rented demos for another year!
    You've got it all wrong man. New 12-DIN FKS bindings means an excuse to buy a new pair of skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    What does it tell us that a binding brand like Look has 2 rebranded touring bindings?(Guardian/Tracker and Plum Guide)
    Are they working on something new with Rossi?
    It means they cost a hellalot to start from scratch and there is not that much $$ to be made in such a small segment of the market.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by neonorchid View Post
    I use my pole handle.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    You've got it all wrong man. New 12-DIN FKS bindings means an excuse to buy a new pair of skis.
    I like the way you think.
    Click. Point. Chute.

yeah but the 6-15 155/Pivot 15 was about as perfect of a combination as they have made, if they brought that back @349 it would sell very well, kill the 18 sales but they would make up the difference in volume.
    Can I get an amen brother on that one!

And it would be easy, because the only difference would be the spring.

Yes,BRING BACK THE 6-15 P15. Does anyone (aside from world cup speed racers) need to set their turntables higher than 15???
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

I was watching a nimbus independent video called contrast and I'm pretty sure Chris was trying out the new tip tail spoon proto on an old graphic bent Chetler at 22:55

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Yes,BRING BACK THE 6-15 P15. Does anyone (aside from world cup speed racers) need to set their turntables higher than 15???
    I forgot to mention my support of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirlwich View Post
    I was watching a nimbus independent video called contrast and I'm pretty sure Chris was trying out the new tip tail spoon proto on an old graphic bent Chetler at 22:55
    "Contrast" is from 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    any word on price?
    I like many ideas on the beast, but realistically I don't need DIN 16 for dedicated touring, and I don't need to be shelling out $1K.
    unfortunately not. i think the radical 2.0 will be more expensive than the radical (which actually is expensive already) and the din 14 binding will price in between the radical 2.0 and the beast.
    overall good news, i never felt that i needed the beast heelpiece, i have always been fine with dynafit heelpieces before. but a toe which would not have to be skied locket all the time would be nice.

freak~[&][/QUOTE]

I use my pole handle.

I like the way you think.
    Why didn't I think of that tram laps destroy those things.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Toyota and Subaru are entering a JV to produce a hybrid-clean-diesel-veggie-oil tacoma outback. It will come standard with a rocketbox big enough to fit 196s in.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA