Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Can someone tell me more about the 4FRNT Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Can someone tell me more about the 4FRNT Raven?
    Has its own thread. Not much info there.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

arcteryx airbag packs, similar to bd jetforce. not sure if for next season...

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Has its own thread. Not much info there.
    I tried searching, but came up jong free. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    I tried searching, but came up jong free. Got a link?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ew+masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Being in Innsbruck, you should be able to have a look at some of them in real life. Marius has a pair of Carbon 3´s...
    @sqikunst: u got mail.

@sist: yes, 4s in 190 please. thanks. and 3 in 195 please.
    btw: mounted the 3carb @-8, i think (after 3 days on pistes and mäusepowder) further back should be better. as soon as jan has his, we'll compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    @sqikunst: u got mail.

@sist: yes, 4s in 190 please. thanks. and 3 in 195 please.
    btw: mounted the 3carb @-8, i think (after 3 days on pistes and mäusepowder) further back should be better. as soon as jan has his, we'll compare.
    Yup.

Consensus seems to be a cm or two further back with the new rocker. Should have let you know before you got yours. Freak agrees with this regarding the 6's too. Let me/us know how you like them!

Sist - A few cm further back than the -9 on the 6's per your website?
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Sist - A few cm further back than the -9 on the 6's per your website?
    Yes.

Freak has the most time on 6's and his preference has been -10 for allround and -11 for a more pow specific feel. This is with the new rocker.

We'll update the website with the recommended ranges pretty soon now.

Thanks Sist
    Life is not lift served.

Bent chetler gets a 3D upgrade in the tip and tail. Think spoonISH concept

Someone on newschoolers mentioned an FKS with adjustable toe height. Seems interesting. Anyone here have any insight? The OP said it was from a pretty unreliable source, but this could make life interesting. Give a competitor to the Lord possibly?

I heard the Lord will have some competition, perhaps a new adjustable FKS will be it?

I would pay full retail for FKS bindings that can be friends with my touring boots.. On the other hand the K2 Pinnacle looks good aswell..

Volkl claims it will he replacing 9 of it current models. Maybe more in line with the ONE and TWO, purely speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirlwich View Post
    Volkl claims it will he replacing 9 of it current models. Maybe more in line with the ONE and TWO, purely speculation.
    5 point, i.e., JJ, 112, etc. No other beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Marker Lord will get some competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I heard the Lord will have some competition, perhaps a new adjustable FKS will be it?
    Just stirring the pot or do you guys know something?

My guess would've been Salomon.

Marker Lord will get some competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Someone on newschoolers mentioned an FKS with adjustable toe height. Seems interesting. Anyone here have any insight? The OP said it was from a pretty unreliable source, but this could make life interesting. Give a competitor to the Lord possibly?
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Just stirring the pot or do you guys know something? My guess would've been Salomon.
    …think we can get the birthday boy to spill it, nudge, nudge…
    Btw, Happy Birthday!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neonorchid View Post
    …think we can get the birthday boy to spill it, nudge, nudge…
    Btw, Happy Birthday!!!!!
    Thanks for the wishes. I haven't heard anything from Look/Rossi other than a 12 DIN Pivot coming.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thanks for the wishes. I haven't heard anything from Look/Rossi other than a 12 DIN Pivot coming.
    (again). They had one years ago.

I wish they would give the 14 din pivot/fks the metal toe
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    (again). They had one years ago.
    Yep. there was even a 2-6 DIN Pivot

Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    I wish they would give the 14 din pivot/fks the metal toe
    in the Z toe, yeah but the 6-15 155/Pivot 15 was about as perfect of a combination as they have made, if they brought that back @349 it would sell very well, kill the 18 sales but they would make up the difference in volume.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirlwich View Post
    That isn't great news to me, 9 models! If they do away with the Mantra I would be pissed. Best all around east coast ski hands down IMHO. I love the whole freeride line from Shiro to Katana to Gotama to Mantra because they can all handle harder snow. Not interested in more five point designs. I hope a solid ski with metal and camber can still be had next year. The only improvement that does interest me is maybe some subtle early tip taper, like what Kastle calls the "hook free tip."
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

They might go more towards the Blizzard skis - adding some camber underfoot, but keeping a full sidecut. And I'd be surprised if they totally nixed the Mantra. Maybe they'll combine the Kendo and Mantra into one ski though, which would sort of make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    They might go more towards the Blizzard skis - adding some camber underfoot, but keeping a full sidecut. And I'd be surprised if they totally nixed the Mantra. Maybe they'll combine the Kendo and Mantra into one ski though, which would sort of make sense.
    I guess if they made an El Capo like offering that was Volkl's crack at a "Cochise with camber" I'd be pretty psyched. Volkl is the only company that seems to put a premium on hard snow performance and who still makes fat skis you can ski like a race ski. I just hope that doesn't go away.

Fair point on the Mantra/Kendo, although that would essentially just be the old Mantra minus the early rise. I'd have a hard time believing they would make the Mantra narrower and I agree, I don't think they would totally nix that name/product line.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."