Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    ^^^ So yeah... just unsubstantiated rumors then.

I'd be extremely surprised if all the binding companies were NOT working on tech bindings, as that's the next obvious place for them to expand in the market. Whether anything makes it past initial R&D is a whole other thing though - once they have a basic design and run costs, they may decide it's not worth it for them. Happens all the time.

And brianski is absolutely right - there will definitely NOT be anything new for 14/15. All retailers already placed their orders for the 14/15 season a couple months ago. If anything was being released next year, the retailers (and brianski is one) would already know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Any ideas on how to get one in the US? I could probably get away with a 14 full time (need 12 on Alpine).
    T-P didn't carry the Raider 12 this past season, but they did carry the RT (and various ATK race models), so maybe email to see if they plan to carry the Raider 14 for next season.
    Otherwise, among all the other European etailers who carried the Raider 12 this past season, Sport Conrad is definitely reliable.

Might want to get a good translation of these before jumping in:

http://www.skitour.fr/forum/read_244531.html
    http://www.skiforum.it/forum/attrezz...a-risolto.html

Also, the lateral release function on the RT strikes me as having very low return to center force (or at least that is how I recall Tyrolia describing it way back in the 1970s), even though unlike fixed-value race models (with some mysterious resistance typically built into the pedestal) it seems to rely on a regular spring.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    ^^^ So yeah... just unsubstantiated rumors then.

I'd be extremely surprised if all the binding companies were NOT working on tech bindings, as that's the next obvious place for them to expand in the market. Whether anything makes it past initial R&D is a whole other thing though - once they have a basic design and run costs, they may decide it's not worth it for them. Happens all the time.

And brianski is absolutely right - there will definitely NOT be anything new for 14/15. All retailers already placed their orders for the 14/15 season a couple months ago. If anything was being released next year, the retailers (and brianski is one) would already know about it.
    We will see it at ISPO '15..

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    We will see it at ISPO '15..
    Yes. But products shown at ISPO/OR/SIA 2015 are products that will be released (ie, available to the public to purchase) during the 15/16 season. That's what I was trying to say.

^^ or as a "mid-season" (January/February) release....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    T-P didn't carry the Raider 12 this past season, but they did carry the RT (and various ATK race models), so maybe email to see if they plan to carry the Raider 14 for next season.
    Otherwise, among all the other European etailers who carried the Raider 12 this past season, Sport Conrad is definitely reliable.

Might want to get a good translation of these before jumping in:

http://www.skitour.fr/forum/read_244531.html
    http://www.skiforum.it/forum/attrezz...a-risolto.html

Also, the lateral release function on the RT strikes me as having very low return to center force (or at least that is how I recall Tyrolia describing it way back in the 1970s), even though unlike fixed-value race models (with some mysterious resistance typically built into the pedestal) it seems to rely on a regular spring.
    Yeah, when it comes to long tours or no-fall type stuff, I'll be on Dynafit Speeds on my skinnier skis. The Raider 14 would go on my wider skis. The 14 RV (12 DIN Alpine) is necessary for heel retention when hucking. It'd be nice to have it work reliably, as advertised, but I can deal with a possibility of potential problems (i.e. a 'beta tester' of sorts), since a inadvertent release wouldn't ever happen in a critical environment. As long as the Raider 14 will work with my boots... that remains to be seen, apparently! Not too worried about the brakes since I'd remove them anyway.

Thanks for suggesting some shops.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yes. But products shown at ISPO/OR/SIA 2015 are products that will be released (ie, available to the public to purchase) during the 15/16 season. That's what I was trying to say.
    So you want a 15/16 rumors thread

More shady infos on the Markertech binding on wildsnow: http://www.wildsnow.com/13542/marker-tech-dynafit-king/

The binding supposedly is called Marker King and seems to have a traditional tech toe paired with an alpine-style heel piece...

Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    More shady infos on the Markertech binding on wildsnow: http://www.wildsnow.com/13542/marker-tech-dynafit-king/

The binding supposedly is called Marker King and seems to have a traditional tech toe paired with an alpine-style heel piece...
    Maybe some pics will be released in fall. Maybe

Haha nice, I would loved to meet that group of testers in the wild. Salomon had a bigger testing trip this season.. Some photos on instagram but nothing to see..
    Lets hope its not a normal tech toe but something with a good working safety release..

If Marker is really "birthing" these things I hope they've smoothed all the corners too. Geez what a silly title for that post.

Cool. CAST clone?

Atomic is releasing a tech binding. And the new arcteryx shoes are... interesting, but I'm thinking they look like they use too much laminate to be very breathable. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Atomic is releasing a tech binding. And the new arcteryx shoes are... interesting, but I'm thinking they look like they use too much laminate to be very breathable. Time will tell.
    Forgot to mention that the Salomon tech binding is a collaboration with Atomic. They both come with tech touring boots but they choose some different paths there..

Figured this ought to go in this season's rumor thread - sounds like there'll be limited run mid-season release of Kye's 4FRNT pro-model(s). 3 different skis with 95, 110, and 120 waists. I guess he's getting the Hoji style 3 ski quiver treatment. Interested...

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Figured this ought to go in this season's rumor thread - sounds like there'll be limited run mid-season release of Kye's 4FRNT pro-model(s). 3 different skis with 95, 110, and 120 waists. I guess he's getting the Hoji style 3 ski quiver treatment. Interested...
    wonder how much they will change compared to the Hoji's. Mayne not full rocker skis would be a good start

do tell more. especially the 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Agree on the breathability of the Arc shoes. Also, they are BURLY. Fondled the low cut model and they're absolute trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    do tell more. especially the 110.
    Wish I could - I'm just reporting what I saw when flipping through the latest issue of Freeskier. Any 4FRNT insiders have any info? BskiP? Phildo?

Wish I could - I'm just reporting what I saw when flipping through the latest issue of Freeskier. Any 4FRNT insiders have any info? BskiP? Phildo?
    Yep, heard about these this spring from one of the dudes that works at 4frnt. They were prototype testing then and didn't have any to look at, but yes a 3 ski Kye pro model quiver is definitely in the works

105-ish ski (Similar to Cochise) with a Spur layup...we shall see.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

don't know a whole lot, but the biggest kye is 124 waist I believe. will be something of a jibbier renegade with a bit of camber.

Nice to hear something about the KYE's.
    When will we hear or see something from Atomic/Salomon and their tech binding. All we know is that it is coming or that they are working on it?