Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    It doesn't have 5mm difference in camber from last years. The tolerance went from 0 to -1mm camber to 0 to 1mm camber. Claimed 20% softer than last years, same amount of metal. And to whoever said they wish it was better in firm snow....

Most bad-ass video out there and the right ski for that job, but I wouldn't call that carving. Its crushing, slarving and surviving.

Are you sponsored by Blizzard these days Gone Skiing? I am pretty sure you are so I assume you have gotten a chance to ski the new Cochise?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Who said carving? I just took offense to the "firm snow" comment. That being said I think they carve like crazy. Haven't skied the new one. Put a few mild runs on the new Bodacious and found it to be similarly stable to the current model, but much easier to load up the tails and pop. A bit more playful for sure. I have a pair sitting next to me that are just waiting for Cast plates to get mounted up .

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    I still don't get the idea of all white skis. NOT at all.
    My exact thought.
    I mean really... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by NWSkier View Post
    My exact thought.
    I mean really... Why?
    Keeps them from warming in the sun and icing up. If you're touring on them it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    Put a few mild runs on the new Bodacious and found it to be similarly stable to the current model, but much easier to load up the tails and pop. A bit more playful for sure.
    Ok, same lengths as before?

My old 186 ehps are soon dead, and I've been looking for something similar (low rocker, long radius), but slightly more powerful. Was planning to pick up a used pair of 193 ehps, but could a 186 bodacious be it?
    Anybody ski both ehps, and the bodacious?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

My old 186 ehps are soon dead, and I've been looking for something similar (low rocker, long radius), but slightly more powerful. Was planning to pick up a used pair of 193 ehps, but could a 186 bodacious be it?
    You will like the renegade and the bodacious

Scarpa F1 video showing the automatic ski/walk transition on
    www.facebook.com/mountaininthecity

Spent a day at Loveland yesterday on the new Moment Underworld. This one will definitely be a hot seller around here. 106mm underfoot, triple camber, tip rocker, super lightweight. Pretty much a smaller Deathwish but made from the same core as the Exit World, so it's more geared towards backcountry touring. Believe the 181cm comes under 8lbs per pair.

Performance? Wasn't expecting a whole lot especially since this was the first ski south of a 115mm waist in a long time. Handled most everything well from knee-deep powder to groomers to moguls. Especially good in tight spots. Not too terribly handlebar-gripping at high speeds through the chop, but I was on the 181. I imagine the 187 would handle crud far better.

I also skied the Underworld and Exit World back-to-back. For the life of me, I can't get myself to like the Exit World. For some reason, the Underworld felt like it had way more pop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

I have skied 186 EHP and 186 Bodacious. Bodacious is a much more traditional feeling ski. They don't pivot as well as the EHP, but ski much much longer especially as you engage the full length of the edge. Certainly a more powerful ski, and less forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Spent a day at Loveland yesterday on the new Moment Underworld. This one will definitely be a hot seller around here. 106mm underfoot, triple camber, tip rocker, super lightweight. Pretty much a smaller Deathwish but made from the same core as the Exit World, so it's more geared towards backcountry touring. Believe the 181cm comes under 8lbs per pair.

Performance? Wasn't expecting a whole lot especially since this was the first ski south of a 115mm waist in a long time. Handled most everything well from knee-deep powder to groomers to moguls. Especially good in tight spots. Not too terribly handlebar-gripping at high speeds through the chop, but I was on the 181. I imagine the 187 would handle crud far better.

I also skied the Underworld and Exit World back-to-back. For the life of me, I can't get myself to like the Exit World. For some reason, the Underworld felt like it had way more pop to it.
    You only mention the tip rocker but the catalog also says tail rocker..? I was really hoping for a ski like this, 106, tip rocker, camber sections, light weight like the exit world even the 187 length would do great for what I will use them for, but tail rocker? I was really hoping this ski had the same tail shape like the Governor..
    Moment really needs a touring ski under the exit world with a flat tail so you can stick it in the snow while putting your skis on in tricky locations etc..

New ski shapes, consolidated naming on models, and great graphics for 14/15 ON3P. I'll tell you how they ski after today and tomorrow
    You should have been here yesterday!

^^ Fuking tease. PICS NOW!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1391103908.969839.jpg 
Views:	5191 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	149534 got this off of face book
    Limited orders on the Chipotle and Comi. Dimensions are 139-122-134. Radius rocker. Super stiff with extra glass and carbon.
    Last edited by fat yeti; 01-30-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    New ski shapes, consolidated naming on models, and great graphics for 14/15 ON3P. I'll tell you how they ski after today and tomorrow
    Looking forward to that. I agree, next year's graphics are $. I like the big brother / little brother theme.

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    instagram is your friend.

Just saw on FB that Surface is coming out with a twin tipped, tip rockered, waxless ski for next year called the Ruess for all you meadow skippers out there. No idea of dimensions, but it looked relatively fat for a waxless ski.

Lou Dawson teases of a DPS ski boot?! Dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    Is the catalog good enough for you?

http://issuu.com/on3pskis/docs/on3ps...log_2014_issuu

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post

The Steeple looks excellent. RIP Caylor.

Well I'm intrigued, url says it all:

http://www.wildsnow.com/12288/dps-skis-boots/

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Lou Dawson teases of a DPS ski boot?! Dafuq?
    $10 says they delam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post

It's a huge bummer that ON3P doesn't make a resort ski under 110 underfoot with a 25m + turn radius anymore. Guess they're catering more towards park skiers...

Also curious about the discrepancy between the C&D's turn radius between the current website at 42.9 m and the catalog at 37 m. Ski is unchanged; dims are the same.

Steeple does look sweet! But the 184 Steeple 112 is only 50 g less than the 186 Billy Goat. Hard to believe. It weighs more than the current 186 Tour!
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-30-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    It's a huge bummer that ON3P doesn't make a resort ski under 115 underfoot with a 25m + turn radius anymore.
    186 Wren 112 is 27.3m

Oops, my bad. I meant 110 mm (instead of 115) in my post, but that's a good point.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^^ totally agree with you there. 25 to 28 is a good range for 100-110.

Buy yourself a 186 Vicik while they're still around! I'm sad to see the 191 Wrenegade go. Going to have to get one last pair of the 2014s and then complement them with the 186 Wrenegade 102.