Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I like the new Hoji and Raven graphics, not feeling the Renegade although maybe it's better in person. Still prefer the OG Renegade (biased maybe) followed by the owl topsheet.

Waiting for final specs on the Raven still (weight) as I am eyeing it for my first tech touring setup and want a do-it-all ski. On the one hand I want to go as light as possible, on the other I want to have some float in powder and being 5'10 200lbs naked not sure ~123-102-1xx @ 184 will do it for me. Hoji 187 weighs essentially the same as my Renegade 186, but at least I'd save a ton of weight on new boots/bindings and have a more versatile ski for hard snow.
    I fondle'd Kye's not long ago, next years Renegade's topsheet is definitely my all time favorite. It kinda looked liked next year's has more tail rocker than before, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejau View Post
    I fondle'd Kye's not long ago, next years Renegade's topsheet is definitely my all time favorite. It kinda looked liked next year's has more tail rocker than before, not sure though.
    Speaking of Kye, any word on his pro model? Not till 15-16?

Is it only skinnier underfoot? Still 143 shovel, 128 tail and a smaller radius as a result? If so, I'll jump on the BG tour now. Or are the shovel and tail also skinnier?

Or should I just wait til after SIA?

Thanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    LIke I said above...I could still change my mind. If I did save a tour-variant from the chopping block, the BG would be the only one. That said, there is some stuff on the drawing board for 15/16 that would potentially bridge the gap between the two. More importantly, for 14/15, the Steeple 112 is based off of the Billy Goat platform, just a bit skinnier underfoot and with a shorten tail spacer modified to hold a skin, so I think those looking for a RES-touring ski are going to be happy with it as is.

Glad you are liking the BGs! Still my favorite skis ever.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Lou's got some info and pics of the new Scarpa alien 2.0 up on wildsnow. "about 600 grams" and has the new Tronic (no hand) lean lock thats also on the new F1 Evo.

http://www.wildsnow.com/12108/alien-...i-boot-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    Lou's got some info and pics of the new Scarpa alien 2.0 up on wildsnow. "about 600 grams" and has the new Tronic (no hand) lean lock thats also on the new F1 Evo.

http://www.wildsnow.com/12108/alien-...i-boot-review/
    I just broke that boot by looking at it.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by ego7man View Post
    Current Jeffrey and Caylor gone. 2 ski Jeffrey line replaces it - 114, 122 underfoot.
    RIP Caylor. More info on new Jeffrey's please, KThxBye.

Edit: Scott, I know you have some FR blems you want to sell me for cheap. I need a fun rock ski, until it decides to snow again in Tahoe. Was about to say fuck it and just ride the Jmo's, but not if they (and my Caylors) just became irreplaceable.
    Last edited by unpossible; 01-22-2014 at 09:54 PM.

My caylors are my favorites. Hopefully the 122 Jeffreys keep some of the same characteristics.

[QUOTE=auvgeek;4164044]Though, I'm surprised the Hoji isn't lighter—the pair I skied certainly *felt* lighter.
    /QUOTE]

Weird, I felt the same way. I would definitely put them closer to 9# if I was guessing.

Are you guys talking about the pilsner graphics or the white/black ones? I heard the w/b ones are stiffer, thus heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    I just broke that boot by looking at it.
    I think in some ways this is a step backwards from the 1.0s... yeah, they shaved 100 grams and made a "pure" race boot, but at the cost of durability. Carbon cuffs are somewhat survivable inside a sacrificial layer of GoreTex pant-leg, but lower shells made this way and used anywhere other than a rando race course will be die a carbon-splintery death on their first encounter with a real world approach trail. As I posted on Wildsnow, I think these sorts of boots should have an optional, replaceable plastic shell that can snap over the carbon for a minor weight penalty, and will take a beating while booting. Break it? No worries, $50 gets you another set.

Complete 4frnt catalogue, containing full specs for all skis: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1cc8du7h4...ITAL_Small.pdf

Found on freeskiers.net

Scott Alpride 40L airbag backpack yes, nothing new there..
    Check those bindings.. They are PHK's.. Interesting choise by the Scott crew.. But what does this tell us? It is pretty safe to say they did not follow Look by rebranding Plums. (They both have rebranded Trackers/Guardians)
    What would you say if I say that PHK made those bindings after a request by a bigger company to show what they could do...? Time will tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Are you guys talking about the pilsner graphics or the white/black ones? I heard the w/b ones are stiffer, thus heavier.
    i was referring pilsner, which i owned last year. i believe that's the only iteration auvgeek has splayed with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    Complete 4frnt catalogue, containing full specs for all skis: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1cc8du7h4...ITAL_Small.pdf
    Puts the Raven at 8.3 #/pair. Seems pretty money to me.

Not really sure exactly what they mean by "quick turning 23/30M tapered dual radius sidecut for firm conditions." Lotta buzzwords, but pretty confusing to me.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-23-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Scott said that it will be bi-radius sidecut like the Caylor, whereas the Kartel will feature elliptical. I want to know the camber situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Is it only skinnier underfoot? Still 143 shovel, 128 tail and a smaller radius as a result? If so, I'll jump on the BG tour now. Or are the shovel and tail also skinnier?

Or should I just wait til after SIA?

Thanks Scott
    Whole ski is skinnier. Same radius in the 112, slightly smaller radius in the 102.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post

Edit: Scott, I know you have some FR blems you want to sell me for cheap. I need a fun rock ski, until it decides to snow again in Tahoe. Was about to say fuck it and just ride the Jmo's, but not if they (and my Caylors) just became irreplaceable.
    No FR, but we are selling most of our demos right now. Email me.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    My caylors are my favorites. Hopefully the 122 Jeffreys keep some of the same characteristics.
    Jeffrey 122 is based upon the 191cm Caylor, so they are very similar. By far the least changed ski out of all the new models. So if you like the Caylors, you are going to be set. Ski I am most excited for is the Jeffrey 114, though, as the Caylor isn't exactly small. A 186cm Jeffrey 114 could start becoming my everyday ski over the BG (seeing at skiing on Hood is basically minigulf at best). We shall see though.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Whole ski is skinnier. Same radius in the 112, slightly smaller radius in the 102.

No FR, but we are selling most of our demos right now. Email me.

Jeffrey 122 is based upon the 191cm Caylor, so they are very similar. By far the least changed ski out of all the new models. So if you like the Caylors, you are going to be set. Ski I am most excited for is the Jeffrey 114, though, as the Caylor isn't exactly small. A 186cm Jeffrey 114 could start becoming my everyday ski over the BG (seeing at skiing on Hood is basically minigulf at best). We shall see though.
    Will the 114 Jeffery be flat underfoot?
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

How much smaller? Same pin-tail design in the 102? Rocker profile the same? Weights? I think it's gonna be a huge shoot-out between the Steeple 102, 4FRNT Raven, and the new W105...!

Can you tell us anything about Karl F's pro models? Flex? Turn radius? Rocker profile? How's the 106 compare to the current Jeffrey?
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-23-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by rachi View Post
    I am totally digging the topsheets of next years 4frnts... I think by far this years topsheet for the Ren is the ugliest and my favorite is the Owl, which I may be biased as I just picked my pair of 196s from the shop that got mounted with Sollies 90cm from tail...

God only knows I do not need another pair of skis, but the Hoji 195 is calling my name and this years boat top sheet has to be my all time favorite... Shit so many good skis out there, but 4frnt is on a roll and def looking forward to what Kye comes out with...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ... my pair of 196s from the shop that got mounted with Sollies 90cm from tail...
    you mean 92, right?

bummed that the Ravens only come in one size. Realistically though they're too narrow for what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    you mean 92, right?

bummed that the Ravens only come in one size. Realistically though they're too narrow for what I'm looking for.
    Nope - mounted 90 from tail... Called 4Frnt as I know Hoji recommends 92, but he is also 5'10" and 155 lbs where I am 6'4" and 210 lbs... I told the guys on the phone and one of the quotes was "you are a big sum bitch" and both recommended 90 from tail... I confirmed twice so that is what I went with... Both said no way at 92 for my height and weight...

huh.
    I'm 6'6" 250. 92 feels good. but yeah, further back might be better. never tried it.
    would love to hear your thoughts when you give it a go. you'll be stoked either way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1017448_584140465003869_473456694_n.jpg 
Views:	1116 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	149117

Steeple 112
    Training for Alpental

heard that volkl will discontinue the katana and mantra next year and replace them with a ski somewhere in between.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Mantra exists next year, but in a different form.