Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    ^^ Yeah, the idea of a directional SFB that can also bust crud is very appealing.

From what I've read in Atomic's press release, it looks like the orange stuff is ABS sidewall. I'll do my best to send it through some shitty snow tomorrow at the resort and see if I see any damage, but yes it does seem like the tip especially has the chance of getting pretty beat up... we'll see.

Not sure on when they're releasing this, but I just expected it'd be for this summer or next fall. I think we'll know more around OR/SIA.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    From what I've read in Atomic's press release, it looks like the orange stuff is ABS sidewall. I'll do my best to send it through some shitty snow tomorrow at the resort and see if I see any damage, but yes it does seem like the tip especially has the chance of getting pretty beat up... we'll see.

Not sure on when they're releasing this, but I just expected it'd be for this summer or next fall. I think we'll know more around OR/SIA.
    Oneornerykid on NS confirmed it's the same material they use in their sidewalls
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Oneornerykid on NS confirmed it's the same material they use in their sidewalls
    Which I'm inclined to believe is HDPE rather than ABS. Faster, more impact resistant, etc. I doubt the press release was written by an engineer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1390098818.821653.jpg 
Views:	660 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	148800 Our rep dropped off a pair for demo and they look like it is in fact ABS material I will do some more fondling tomorrow.

The pair I fondled felt more like ABS then HDPE. Regardless of what it is made of, it will be slightly less effective then The Fischer and Dynastar boat tips from a few years ago.

New osprey packs

What happend with Arc'teryx and their turbo fan battery powered airbag system?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    What happend with Arc'teryx and their turbo fan battery powered airbag system?
    They have not returned from the moon yet....

(don't think this has been posted)

Scarpa F1 Evo

http://www.snewsnet.com/press-releas...ound-ski-boot/

Blizzard Spur - supposed to be 146-125-134, full rocker, "Carbon Flipcore"

Name:	spur.jpg 
Views:	8182 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	148879

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Scarpa F1 Evo
    Gotta love how the 4:12 video features the boot only from 3:45 to 3:49!
    Plus half the video features rando racing footage even though it's not a rando race boot ... but does look like a worthy competitor to the TLT6.

Although to compete with the all-carbon PG & La Sportiva, here's the new all-carbon Scarpa race boot:
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Scarpa F1 Evo

Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    Blizzard Spur - supposed to be 146-125-134, full rocker, "Carbon Flipcore"

Name:	spur.jpg 
Views:	8182 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	148879
    Aha, looks very interesting. More pictures, rocker profile, turn radius, weight etc?? Looks more like a Cochise/Bodatious kind of profile than Gunsmoke type. Edit: Of course it does, it has the Bull graphics and "Spurs" are used when riding rodeo-bulls I guess...

Hey iggyskier, when are you going to stop cockteasing us on Facebook and give us some details on 14/15 ON3P?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hey iggyskier, when are you going to stop cockteasing us on Facebook and give us some details on 14/15 ON3P?
    ON3P and Moment you know you want to give a sneak peak. I still want to know what the ski was the Carston was mounting up from Moment the Chipolte Banana
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

When I run out of new topsheets to cocktease with. I think we still have....8 to go. So it might be awhile...

Will add, though, that the Tychoon, Vicik, Jeronimo, and Caylor are totally gone. Wrenegade and Jeffrey are back, but both different. All tour variants are gone. So a lot of new things to show off. Pretty stoked on how everything is turning out.

Edit: And its pretty much all posted below. If you have any specific questions, ask and I will answer what I can. SIA is so close that all of this info will be out there soon anyway.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 01-20-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Is SIA after ISPO this year? So all new stuff is released in Europe first?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    When I run out of new topsheets to cocktease with. I think we still have....8 to go. So it might be awhile...

Will add, though, that the Tychoon, Vicik, Jeronimo, and Caylor are totally gone. Wrenegade and Jeffrey are back, but both different. All tour variants are gone. So a lot of new things to show off. Pretty stoked on how everything is turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

^^^ Right?... Cant wait to see the new stuff. I hope moments coming out strong next year as well, but looks like your hungry for the private TGR forum "most innovative" award.

"Tychoon, Vicik, Wrenegade, Jeronimo, Jeffrey, Caylor all gone or being changed. All tour variants gone as well.

Vicik and Tychoon sort of meet in the middle. 102 underfoot, slightly smaller turn radius.

Wren gets a revamp with a slightly skinnier waist (112) and drops in turn radius and sizing (no more 191cm, but a 186 instead). Very stoked for this ski in a 186cm next year too.

Jmo gone entirely. Karl Forstvedt 2-ski promodel coming out in its place. One 98 underfoot for park, one 106 for more all mountain/BC booters.

Current Jeffrey and Caylor gone. 2 ski Jeffrey line replaces it - 114, 122 underfoot.

Tychoon Tour, Vicik Tour, Wren Tour, BG Tour all gone (though I am still going back and forth on the BG tour as that ski kills it).

2-ski touring line in its place. RES like the BG. 102/112 underfoot.

CD the same, though we are still working on some stuff for it that might not be ready before SIA. PF likely going to be only one size next year."

This is iggy's post from newschoolers.

Just got an email from Praxis about 2 new park skis for 14/15, but not sure if I'm late here!

http://www.praxisskis.com/products/park-n-ride.html

http://www.praxisskis.com/products/snd.html

and btw, anyone with time in the new softer/small camber cochise to compare to the old ones? wondering if they got any better on hard snow
    Last edited by mfa81; 01-20-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Wrenegade coming in a 186 sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NWSkier View Post
    Wrenegade coming in a 186 sounds awesome
    I've been sayin' that for two years now.
    Hopefully the turn radius didn't get too much shorter. And please keep the flex the same as the current 191. Please.

I've been sayin' that for two years now.
    Hopefully the turn radius didn't get too much shorter. And please keep the flex the same as the current 191. Please.
    27.3m in a 186cm (currently 30.5m in a 191cm). Same bi-radius type of design we do on all of our directional skis, so it is actually tighter than that in the tips, straight than that in the tail. Similar flex to the wren. A bit less tip taper length than you have on the current wren, so the effective edge is still 155cm so they won't ski short, even with the drop in size (EE on the 191cm wren was 158.5). I'm very excited for it, as in recently years even I have been thinking the 191cm Wren is a bit on the long side (my 23 year-old-self is shaking his head at this decision, but alas, it is what it is).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....