Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    This feels like getting dumped by an awesome girl. with pigtails. who likes to cook.
    word 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    I actually think the new shape will greatly improve how the boot skis. The shell is much lower at the instep, which should allow the new boot to flex much more naturally. Definitely stoked about the narrower upper, as well.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. Better fit over the instep and still fits great over my ankles/heel. When I heard the rumors over this change, I wasn't too excited due to my ankles/heel shape, but it seems to be really executed well and am quite surprised at how well it still fits me in that area (and fits better in the toes/cuff).

Hype on the new Bent Chetler, hull-shaped tip/tail, slightly longer base model (185 vs. 183), slightly skinnier (120 vs. 123): http://bit.ly/1i12OYw

Got a few pairs here in the office, going to get on them this weekend so I'll report back once I've gotten some time on 'em...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    I actually think the new shape will greatly improve how the boot skis. The shell is much lower at the instep, which should allow the new boot to flex much more naturally. Definitely stoked about the narrower upper, as well.
    I got some Cochise boots yesterday too. Narrower upper is good, and more room in the sixth toe area is really good - a much more comfortable fit for my feet. Walking around I can definitely feel the slight increase in range of motion when in walk mode.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cochise2014.jpg 
Views:	1015 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	148618

Saw the new Chetlers in the shop the other day looks good.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

The French are kicking your ass so you all can wank off on that new "117" ski ...more over here..Dyna, APO, etc, etc.
    http://www.skipass.com/forums/sports...0.html#3002504
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389905169.734277.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	148628

All over the social media today. Looking forward to taking them for a spin...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I got some Cochise boots yesterday too. Narrower upper is good, and more room in the sixth toe area is really good - a much more comfortable fit for my feet. Walking around I can definitely feel the slight increase in range of motion when in walk mode.

Name:	cochise2014.jpg 
Views:	1015 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	148618
    This all sounds good. My 1st year 120s with the 100mm last are too roomy. Wanted to go the 98mm last anyways but the aforementioned changes are icing on the cake.

For mere mortals who aren't one of the lucky 35 to receive a fancy lookin '15 Cochise airdrop from Blizzard, any chance of snagging a pair this season?
    Last edited by North; 01-16-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Name:	kastle mx 98 194.JPG 
Views:	946 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	148640
    Next year MX 98 in a 194, i can say these are two of the first pair to hit the US. WHoo hooo

Carbon Empire:

Tell me they weigh less than 9 lbs...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

hmm... carbon empire 115 + Ion might be a pretty fun setup.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post

Name:	kastle mx 98 194.JPG 
Views:	946 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	148640
    Next year MX 98 in a 194, i can say these are two of the first pair to hit the US. WHoo hooo
    Oh heeaallllll yea!
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Tell me they weigh less than 9 lbs...
    If the carbon zenoxides are any indication, they will be stupid light.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    If the carbon zenoxides are any indication, they will be stupid light.
    This is the ski I talked about at the begining of this thread....crazy light, about 1600g
    Last edited by rob stokes; 01-18-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Will the empire have carbon in both 115 and 127?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

The whole of G3 skis are now either pure carbon or carbon hybrid.

Info. on lengths of the new Bent Chetler from the Atomic marketing crew:

"The ski will be in stores this fall in a 178, 185 and 192. So the 178 is a new size and the 185 is the reincarnation of the old 183. We will only have the 185 for samples until then."

Got one run on the new 'Chets this am before work... still too early to really tell the difference with the hulls since I haven't skied a Bent Chetler since 2010 or so, but I feel like I noticed the lack of edges when I popped a few small 180s and tried to gracefully cruise pow switch for a bit here and there without catching an edge. Will report back with more feedback after the weekend.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dammit, of course I bought a pair of last year's 127 already. Black topsheets do suck though, probably a deal-breaker for me.

Wonder how sloppy these new spring-loaded tech heels will be. Alpine heels in a spring-loaded track clamp down the boot, which takes up the slop in the track. Tech heels with sliding posts will have all the usual inherent slop, plus a bunch more between the post foot and the track. The base of the post needs to have a very large footprint to minimize slop, and IMHO it doesn't look like the Ion or Radical 2.0 are fully addressing this.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 01-17-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    What does that mean? is it just that all g3 skis will have some carbon in them? Is "pure carbon" something like the older Goode skis with all carbon core and no wood - at least that's my memory of the goode skis?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Info. on lengths of the new Bent Chetler from the Atomic marketing crew:

"The ski will be in stores this fall in a 178, 185 and 192. So the 178 is a new size and the 185 is the reincarnation of the old 183. We will only have the 185 for samples until then."
    has atomic changes its strategy? in years past, many or all of atomic's fall models were actually available in the late winter with good incentive pricing for the retailers. has that changed? also, anybody know what the orange edge/base at the tip and tail are made of? from the photos, it looks like something that could get easily chewed up on pointy things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Dammit, of course I bought a pair of last year's 127 already. Black topsheets do suck though, probably a deal-breaker for me.
    some G3 skis (eg Carbon Zens) are available in white if you do a special order.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Wonder how sloppy these new spring-loaded tech heels will be. Alpine heels in a spring-loaded track clamp down the boot, which takes up the slop in the track. Tech heels with sliding posts will have all the usual inherent slop, plus a bunch more between the post foot and the track. The base of the post needs to have a very large footprint to minimize slop, and IMHO it doesn't look like the Ion or Radical 2.0 are fully addressing this.
    the usual TGR complaint is that there is no movement (elasticity/slop/whatever) in tech bindings, but you're saying there is too much???

[QUOTE=bodywhomper;4159508]What does that mean? is it just that all g3 skis will have some carbon in them? Is "pure carbon" something like the older Goode skis with all carbon core and no wood - at least that's my memory of the goode skis?

From my impression, more along the lines of DPS or PM gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    the usual TGR complaint is that there is no movement (elasticity/slop/whatever) in tech bindings, but you're saying there is too much???
    Elasticity and slop are not the same thing. Elasticity is supported, spring-loaded travel that smoothly returns the boot to center once the force causing the movement has dissipated. Slop is just that - unsupported, free movement of the boot in the binding.

Your traditional tech binding has slop in the heel (unsupported, free movement) combined with minimal elasticity in the toe. For some, this translates to a feel of every vibration in the snow being translated through the toe, yet an inability to engage the rear half of the ski due to the slop in the binding. This is really only relevant to skiing on hard snow.

An alpine binding, by comparison has elasticity in both the heel and toe, which allows powerful transmission of energy between the boot and ski, yet also absorbs impact and vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What does that mean? is it just that all g3 skis will have some carbon in them? Is "pure carbon" something like the older Goode skis with all carbon core and no wood - at least that's my memory of the goode skis?

has atomic changes its strategy? in years past, many or all of atomic's fall models were actually available in the late winter with good incentive pricing for the retailers. has that changed? also, anybody know what the orange edge/base at the tip and tail are made of? from the photos, it looks like something that could get easily chewed up on pointy things.
    looks something like the solly honeycomb tip/tail material... I've got pretty good base scratches on my rocker2 at the tip honeycomb, for sure not super durable but solly has the materisl only replacing the edges

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...pernatural-108

Seems like the guys at Blister are digging these skis, it almost sounds too good.