Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    No screws holes are in common with old 900 series. Same heel as Sth2 but new toe pattern.
    Please do not tell me the STH is being replaced by this... I am a huge STH fan and I have zero need for a toe piece like this that is compatible with AT boots... If so here I come again FKS/Pivot...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Please do not tell me the STH is being replaced by this... I am a huge STH fan and I have zero need for a toe piece like this that is compatible with AT boots... If so here I come again FKS/Pivot...
    I can't imagine that Salomon would debut the STH2 this year then immediately discontinue it.

Would bet anything that the Warden 13 (this binding) is an addition, not a replacement.

I hope so, but the fact that I picked up 2 pairs of STH2 16s off of Steep & Cheap mid season for $170 makes me a little nervous...

Go to Earlyups and check out the Leo Ahrens edit at 1:47 if you want to see the bright yellow bindings people have mentioned on this threat. Clearly an STH style. I actually thought they were the bright yellow Drivers circa '95ish when I first saw the edit.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Warden is an addition not replacement. STH2 will be around for a while. The big news is the warden will come in about $100 less than The Lord.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389757569.838264.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	148506

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389757618.086625.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	148507

I/O 7

I hope so, but the fact that I picked up 2 pairs of STH2 16s off of Steep & Cheap mid season for $170 makes me a little nervous...
    Hasn't been the most stellar retail year. Some people definitely went deeper than they wanted to on inventory based on expectations as opposed to eventual reality. That's snow farming...

Cool, the Lord is crazy overpriced as it is, imo.

Somebody also asked about any changes to the royal family from Marker. Can't seem to find the comment now, however the answer as far as I could tell based on a quick glance at sample lineup is... No changes other than graphics.

The initial paperwork I have calls out updates on:

Squire Schizo
    Jester Schizo
    Free Ten
    Squire
    Jester
    Jester Pro
    Duke

But I'm pretty sure those updates are only cosmetic. Will know for sure in 2 weeks.

No new models listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Go to Earlyups and check out the Leo Ahrens edit at 1:47 if you want to see the bright yellow bindings people have mentioned on this threat. Clearly an STH style. I actually thought they were the bright yellow Drivers circa '95ish when I first saw the edit.
    Nice catch and digging the steezy retro 90ish sollies... And def stoked to hear a true classic is not going away... I started my race days on Lange KR Slaloms and Salomon Equipes and have been a fan since that day...

don't remind me that... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Cool, the Lord is crazy overpriced as it is, imo.
    There is an advantage to being the first in the market place (we have sold all but one of the lords we brought in), at least until someone else joins the party. Wouldn't be too surprised if Marker announces some kind of price update to The Lord for 14/15 at SIA now that they have company...
    Last edited by Brianskis; 01-15-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The newish mullet rocker is pretty sweet. I have it on this years Tahoe. Gives the ski life, stiffness and a wider feel at the same time. Easier to schmear turns yet still hold a SG turn on the firm piste.
    You might be right about that, but this mullet mustache stuff means I'd have to demo the ski before I purchase one. I've ridden "regular" moment skis for 5 years...but this is a pretty big departure from "regular". Probably gotta ski it to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The DPS Wailer 105 will be back for 14/15 with a new sidecut, flex and rocker profile. It has tip rocker, slight camber underfoot and a flat tail. A distinctly different design objective than the W99 in both Pure 3 and Hybrid constructions. This will also be one of the models showcasing a new Hybrid construction.
    I assume the new hybrid is the metal layer you took a pic of earlier in this thread. will pricing align with current hybrid sticks?

Not really a tgr ski, but the new sickday 110 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389803131.806046.jpg 
Views:	681 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	148519

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I assume the new hybrid is the metal layer you took a pic of earlier in this thread. will pricing align with current hybrid sticks?
    Indeed it is. Pricing will differ slightly from the current Hybrid offerings, but will come in below $1,000.

I will say the new dps 105 is money. Let the coveting begin.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    I will say the new dps 105 is money. Let the hype begin.
    PS: Come on Marshall you cannot resist this thread!!! It has to bring you out of Hybrination (pun).
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Corrected

PS: Come on Marshall you cannot resist this thread!!! It has to bring you out of Hybrination (pun).
    Let the boys get to some of the trade shows...

what else do you want to know?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I think those looking for this type of ski will not be disappointed. Thats my impression of checking them out.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post

Name:	cochise2014.png 
Views:	947 
Size:	799.5 KB 
ID:	148596

Stoked.
    Yeah, I just got a pair today too. Here's the link with the info on the new design:
    www.tecnicablizzardexperience.com/cochise2014

Really digging the new looks.

From a carpet test I can already notice the better fit around my calves/legs and the more comfortable toe box (shouldn't affect how it skis, as it still feels super solid on the rest of the foot). Gonna take them out tomorrow morning, can't wait!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389847764.579291.jpg 
Views:	1225 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	148597
    Last edited by Lindahl; 01-15-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    No screws holes are in common with old 900 series. Same heel as Sth2 but new toe pattern.
    This feels like getting dumped by an awesome girl. with pigtails. who likes to cook.

#cochise2014 soon to be trending worldwide on ALL SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

I actually think the new shape will greatly improve how the boot skis. The shell is much lower at the instep, which should allow the new boot to flex much more naturally. Definitely stoked about the narrower upper, as well.