Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I was joking.

No pass this yr for me. Plan on skinning w/ the boys now that they have the ski skilz and the gear (for the most part). Just bought the beacons. It's been a multi yr process to get them up to speed. $$$$ ouch!

The oldest gf rents have a place at SR, so I might not see him much anyway!

wanna hit across the street with Neu! Wish the exit was cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    I was joking.

No pass this yr for me. Plan on skinning w/ the boys now that they have the ski skilz and the gear (for the most part). Just bought the beacons. It's been a multi yr process to get them up to speed. $$$$ ouch!

The oldest gf rents have a place at SR, so I might not see him much anyway!

wanna hit across the street with Neu! Wish the exit was cleaner.
    Excellent. My goal with my youngest but several years out. The oldest and wifey have no interest. . Going to be a great bc year - I can feel it!

What is the last part? That last sentence? Ya lost me!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Neufox...across the street from Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Neufox...across the street from Cannon.
    better eat yer wheeties

rog

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    I like the up just as much as the down. Keepin that heart healthy!
    lynchdogger I have to quote you on that one. I second that.

These pics are making me feverish. Time for some more Halloween candy poached from my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post

I like the up just as much as the down. Keepin that heart healthy!
    Don't remember you saying that when we were breaking through 2' of windslab into 18" of graupel booting up GG. But I'll keep it in mind for next time

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Don't remember you saying that when we were breaking through 2' of windslab into 18" of graupel booting up GG. But I'll keep it in mind for next time
    heh, was that the time you guys completely tracked out airplane from near wall to wall............while ascending.............with that mega wander booter?

I've never heard lynchy complain about the up. in fact he's very very quiet while climbing.

but I talk enough for 8 people while breaking trail/climbing so it's all good

rog

...cleaner exit? Okay. Might be next season, full plate at present.
    Last edited by robrox; 11-01-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    ...cleaner exit? Okay. Might be next season, full plate at present.
    To say that the exit there is unpleasant is an understatement... Getting out was definitely one of the nastier adventures I've had. Enough so, in fact, that I'd consider hiking back to the top and then down and out on the trail. Yes, it was that shitty.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Rog, yes that was the one, I kept trying to follow the snow that wasn't chest deep. Somewhat unsuccessfully.

It's lines like this one that has me wanting to buy those booter snowshoes. Shit, now I can't find them on the internet. Link anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Rog, yes that was the one, I kept trying to follow the snow that wasn't chest deep. Somewhat unsuccessfully.
    you know it's a good climb when it is pretty much a crawl the whole way. no need for slowshoes or verts. you'll still sink in a bunch and you've only made yer feet heavier not to mention having to carry the things around all day. that technique where you crawl using yer whole lower leg from knee to foot while paddling and puller yer way up with each ski pole out in front at a cross angle makes pretty quick work of climbing steep gullies with bottomless quicksand. remember me you and drew climbed the claw in redonky donk chest deep crap and I kept yelling from above, "do the crawl, do the crawl! best to crawl up way off to the side with rock or brush to grab at in case the slope decides it'd rather gather it's whole mass at the bottom of the line

post hole'n out in the middle of the gully, especially with others in tow is really not ideal.

rog

The east coast sucks. You guys should just play ice hockey or move out west.

Another lame east coast line......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2mKIXqv10

The chutes pictured (some of which only fill in once every several years) all go by the name "The Kozlows"

I was lucky enough to ski them all in 2010 which was the last year they were fat. Tried to do them last year and hit just about every rock the mountain has to offer, and Hutz almost got tagged by an avy. Scary shit really.

They're awesome, but if not in the right shape, can be very dangerous.

As others mentioned, getting out can be a bear.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    The east coast sucks. You guys should just play ice hockey or move out west.

Another lame east coast line......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2mKIXqv10
    ya ski that shit in the am and surf in the pm all winter. sux here

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    ya ski that shit in the am and surf in the pm all winter. sux here

rog
    You are WAY more gnar than me. I wouldn't get in that water during the winter evah! I'm happy being a wimp, a warm wimp.

And I doubt you could nail a Katahdin line and surf in the same day. I'm calling bull shit on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    You are WAY more gnar than me. I wouldn't get in that water during the winter evah! I'm happy being a wimp, a warm wimp.
    actually i find surfing in 40 degree water with temps in the single digits-20's quite nice for 1-2 hours at a time with a good suit. when waiting for waves yer mostly submerged from the wind and cold air. more pleasant than being up on the mountain most days in winter. having a woodstove cranking and living a mile from the beach helps tho. put the suit on in front of the stove, go surf, drive back in suit, and take off suit in front of the stove. such a great way to start my work days. or on days off i'll start with a surf, then get on the rugged touring skis for a coupla hours out the back door.

And I doubt you could nail a Katahdin line and surf in the same day. I'm calling bull shit on that one!
    i wasn't referring to katahdin. i have no interest in katahdin. too long a drive and too long a tour in for similar terrain as the whites. i was taliking bout mt washington. 1:45 from the house. in spring we can dawn partol surf, get a good tour on george, then catch an evening sesh back at the beach in the same day. have i ever mentioned how fantastic our spring corn skiing is. only eastern sierra can compare. truth.

rog

only eastern sierra can compare. truth.

rog
    Cascades?
    #HughConwayMatters

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    Cascades?
    True that -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Cascades?
    close but not quite. doesn't have the same staying power. gets way punchy much more quickly when in direct sunlight or as the elevation changes. you can ski in the direct hot sun all day on george and it stays perfect all day long. shit one spring we had an april where it never re-froze at night the whole month and the snow was perfect every day. a combo of crazy wind tamping all winter and occasional rain/ice events that makes it so that the corn just stays perfect.

dreamy. that's one of the things that drove me back from utah. the spring skiing is a fucking joke out there unless it's cloudy and dumping snow and the sun never comes out.

rog

close but not quite. doesn't have the same staying power. gets way punchy much more quickly when in direct sunlight or as the elevation changes.

rog
    I'm glad you love New Hampshire but you're just wrong. If the Whites had the same vertical relief as the Cascades the same issues would show.
    #HughConwayMatters

6k of June corn via adams sw chutes and 2 hrs to pacific ocean prob sux
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I remember spring days in Seattle skiing in the morning, golfing in the afternoon, and then going for a sail with friends in the evening. I don't remember the skiing being the weak part of that day.

Oh and if you want the ripest corn in the Cascades, you have to wait until late June or early July.

I'm glad you love New Hampshire but you're just wrong. If the Whites had the same vertical relief as the Cascades the same issues would show.
    IF, maybe, but they don't. good snow from t2b. not frozen for the 1st thou, then great for the next 2, then shit mank for the rest and the exit like in the almighty cascades. if you can sit in the direct sun on any portion of adams all day long where the snow stays absolutely perfect for a few thousand foot vert shot for 8 hours, then I guess i'm wrong. you can do that on George any day the sun shines and temps allow. set up camp and lap perfect peel away without it ever getting overcooked or punchy. our lower elevation and weaker sun effect has it's advantages.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I remember spring days in Seattle skiing in the morning, golfing in the afternoon, and then going for a sail with friends in the evening. I don't remember the skiing being the weak part of that day.
    yes cuz yer comparing it to Vermont

Oh and if you want the ripest corn in the Cascades, you have to wait until late June or early July.
    ya, corn, sun cups, good corn depending on aspect and elevation.

not saying the cascades aren't fantastic, I've skied a bunch out there, but if you wanna talk good corn with me, just know that I'm VERY serious bout my corn

rog

You're absolutely delusional in your grandiose perspective of NE skiing.

It's good, but it ain't that good.
    #HughConwayMatters