Page 259 of 321 FirstFirst ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 8014
    Slackfest or bust!

Thanks robrox, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mtl_ripper View Post
    Slackfest or bust!
    Requesting a name change.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Requesting a name change.
    Hey EOB...what's this shit in the padded room with you dissing on da BRUINS! That will get you thrown out of ECRC!

Quote Originally Posted by SheSkisTrees View Post
    we were approached by a guy in a sitski who wanted to know if we'd mind taking a run in the trees with him. He could rip! People cheered from the lift.
    AH!!! That would be Chris from Ottawa. We arrived at Stateside on Saturday morning and I bumped into him in the lodge. For years, he was a volunteer with CADS (Canadian Association for the Disabled Skiing) out of Edelweiss. He mentioned that he did Can-Am 3 times on Friday. He was staying for 5 days.

He's been out to a few of our Masters races (his dad also involved in CADS is a regular). He's also done the big air at Edelweiss in his sit-ski. He is an awesome skiers. Some people thinks he's crazy and to the dismay of the ski school director at the hill, choose to ski in a sit-ski.

The family and I were at Jay from 3 days...skiing the day and after waterpark until closing. We didn't eat supper until after. Not sure how much verts I got at the park. I know my legs were hurting yesterday and the drive back to Ottawa was extremely difficult.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Now that this late Easter is over...many ski areas have shutdown for the season, however more than usual are looking into next weekend and into possibly May included the Rudeness' Le Valinouet.

No liftserved in the East outside New England (4), but 13 are hoping to open next weekend (April 26-27).

Anyhow, without further ado, here is this week’s list:

The Day After Easter Monday – Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 Part4
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/...2013-14-part4/
    Ski Mad World

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    AH!!! That would be Chris from Ottawa. We arrived at Stateside on Saturday morning and I bumped into him in the lodge. For years, he was a volunteer with CADS (Canadian Association for the Disabled Skiing) out of Edelweiss. He mentioned that he did Can-Am 3 times on Friday. He was staying for 5 days.

He's been out to a few of our Masters races (his dad also involved in CADS is a regular). He's also done the big air at Edelweiss in his sit-ski. He is an awesome skiers. Some people thinks he's crazy and to the dismay of the ski school director at the hill, choose to ski in a sit-ski.

The family and I were at Jay from 3 days...skiing the day and after waterpark until closing. We didn't eat supper until after. Not sure how much verts I got at the park. I know my legs were hurting yesterday and the drive back to Ottawa was extremely difficult.
    Yes, it was amazing to watch him! I had forgotten his name, but he did tell us he was an instructor for disabled skiers. He told us that he is not disabled, but he'd had some kind of surgery that made it so he can't get into ski boots (something about losing his range of motion). I would have loved to see him catch air on his sit-ski! We asked him how difficult it was to learn to use a sit-ski and he said that if you've skied before, it usually takes about 2 days to get comfortable and proficient. The key is figuring out your balance.

The skiing was great, wasn't it? I imagine you must have been darn sore after three days of spring skiing, even with the hot tub and waterpark! I'm grateful that I don't have to suffer through long drives home afterwards now that I live in Vermont. I don't suppose you saw a lady skiing in bunny ears on Sunday? I had to bend the ears back so they were aerodynamic while skiing so they wouldn't blow off my head!
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Ahhh, I just watched everyone's Canadian footage...Don't let your kids be stupid--they won't get to go to Canada. Anybody got a good border agent friend?
    GPetrics, awesome split-skiing effort. That shit is hard.
    I really need to check and see if they'll let me in. Dumb (but fun) things happened several decades ago How do you find out?

It's a long process. I'm in the middle of things. Basically do some websearches and get to the Canadian immigration page. You need FBI background checks court records and a slew of paper work plus a 200 dollar check. Send it all to boarder agency and prey. It can take a year to process and if you screw up you start all over. There are short term options but this is what you do if you want your name cleared completely.
    dotswax.com

do it and don't ever risk bringing anything over the border! the searched me pretty good on my way to jay a week ago sunday.

that's what friendly canadians (and vermonters...) are for !

Mount Snow combination welcome/warning sign this morning:

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Yes, it was amazing to watch him! I had forgotten his name, but he did tell us he was an instructor for disabled skiers. He told us that he is not disabled, but he'd had some kind of surgery that made it so he can't get into ski boots (something about losing his range of motion). I would have loved to see him catch air on his sit-ski! We asked him how difficult it was to learn to use a sit-ski and he said that if you've skied before, it usually takes about 2 days to get comfortable and proficient. The key is figuring out your balance.
    As the ski school director would say..."I don't get it? You don't done see me going to the grocery store in a wheelchair". Not sure if I knew about the surgery? I saw him a few times this Winter at the Ottawa Masters. I had seen him skiing (not in a sit-ski) in 2013 with teaching in the CADS program.

The skiing was great, wasn't it? I imagine you must have been darn sore after three days of spring skiing, even with the hot tub and waterpark! I'm grateful that I don't have to suffer through long drives home afterwards now that I live in Vermont. I don't suppose you saw a lady skiing in bunny ears on Sunday? I had to bend the ears back so they were aerodynamic while skiing so they wouldn't blow off my head!
    Yes, I did see you once I believe. I also saw a few smaller kids tooé You might have seen us? Myself in a green hat or toque (in red when it was colder on Saturday and/or Sunday morning), my two daughters in pink helmet (oldest has a POC) and wife in a white helmet (until she took it off). Jacket keep changing or being dropped all together.

My legs were tired when I arrived at Jay Saturday morning. I did two days at Stowe on Wed-Thurs. I left early Thursday at Stowe (I had to be in Ottawa at 8pm), but the skiing was sooo awesome that I skied until I (almost) dropped....31 runs off the Fourrunner Quad. Ouch!!! Never skied so much.
    Ski Mad World

Yes, I did see you once I believe. I also saw a few smaller kids tooé You might have seen us? Myself in a green hat or toque (in red when it was colder on Saturday and/or Sunday morning), my two daughters in pink helmet (oldest has a POC) and wife in a white helmet (until she took it off). Jacket keep changing or being dropped all together.

My legs were tired when I arrived at Jay Saturday morning. I did two days at Stowe on Wed-Thurs. I left early Thursday at Stowe (I had to be in Ottawa at 8pm), but the skiing was sooo awesome that I skied until I (almost) dropped....31 runs off the Fourrunner Quad. Ouch!!! Never skied so much.
    I do think I saw you and your family. The place was empty Sunday, so it was easy to pay attention to other folks there. Too bad I didn't know to say hello. Glad you got to take advantage of the great spring skiing we've had in Northern Vermont. Not sure how much longer it's going to last...

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Mount Snow combination welcome/warning sign this morning:

How's the snow at Mt. Snow? Might be a backup plan if there's anything worth skiing still left.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums

I do think I saw you and your family. The place was empty Sunday, so it was easy to pay attention to other folks there. Too bad I didn't know to say hello. Glad you got to take advantage of the great spring skiing we've had in Northern Vermont. Not sure how much longer it's going to last...
    I saw someone with BROs with NY plates next to me in the parking lot. I asked if he was a maggot. Mainly a lurker, but bought the skis from someone here. Meet Chris in his sit-ski. Actually rode the Jet with him on Sunday. Saw him ski down Can-Am as we were on the Bonnie too. A fellow Canadian from a few forums, BigJay and his GF, in which we rode the Tram and skied down Valhalla all of us together on Monday.

The Ski World is pretty small at the end of April.

As I was staying at the resort (I'm not into Resorts, but this deal was too good to pass - room for 2nights was the equivalent in Spring rate for the 4 of us for 3 days + we got the park access for 3 days also).

I still need to used my Fox44 card for Jay. So I should be back before they turn off the lifts for the Summer.
    Ski Mad World

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    How's the snow at Mt. Snow?
    Overall, looking at my records (yes, of course I keep track of these things!), pretty typical for this time of year (which is a good thing).
    In more detail ...
    Parked at Carinthia to save a little time, then skinned to the Main Face summit.
    First, checked out South Bowl, mainly for curiosity and to do something different -- skied continuously all the way to the base, or rather, I continued to keep my skis on no matter what! Might not be a good choice after the rain.
    Second, the usual Cascade > Canyon combination, which was mainly very fat, but had a few sections way down low that are about to break up, and then a few sun-baked ledges higher up that are also about to become discontinuous.
    Finally, took Long John to Inferno (by cutting underneath the top of the Heavy Metal lift, going slightly uphill), which had been recently groomed.
    Didn't have time for North Face, but heard good reports the last couple days, including Ripcord.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Hey EOB...what's this shit in the padded room with you dissing on da BRUINS! That will get you thrown out of ECRC!
    Well I could tell you my position on the B's but I don't know if we could be friends after.

I know i'm starting to sound like Rog and Sugarloaf.. but hey, he's off for a week right?

(Valinouet)

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Well I could tell you my position on the B's but I don't know if we could be friends after.
    Ok, here is the deal.

The reality with ECRC is that the skiing is in VT, NH, and ME and a couple NY and Canada hills. Therefore the teams we root for are NE teams...and because they are the best.

Now the NY'ers get a pass on the G-Men because they were a NE team favorite before the Patriots came to be...but that's it...don't even think of the evil empire!

When it comes to hockey the Canadians can root for who ever the hell they want because the whole damn league is Canadians anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    I know i'm starting to sound like Rog and Sugarloaf.. but hey, he's off for a week right?

(Valinouet)

Yahoo! Snow!

What exactly did dipwad rog do to get banned? I missed it. He's such an idiot in here...and I told him that when he sent me a text about getting booted.

I saw someone with BROs with NY plates next to me in the parking lot. I asked if he was a maggot. Mainly a lurker, but bought the skis from someone here. Meet Chris in his sit-ski. Actually rode the Jet with him on Sunday. Saw him ski down Can-Am as we were on the Bonnie too. A fellow Canadian from a few forums, BigJay and his GF, in which we rode the Tram and skied down Valhalla all of us together on Monday.

The Ski World is pretty small at the end of April.

As I was staying at the resort (I'm not into Resorts, but this deal was too good to pass - room for 2nights was the equivalent in Spring rate for the 4 of us for 3 days + we got the park access for 3 days also).

I still need to used my Fox44 card for Jay. So I should be back before they turn off the lifts for the Summer.
    I'm guessing the guy you met with the Bros was the guy I met in line at the Flyer. Just as we were loading, I started a conversation with him about the Bros. He asked me if the Easter Bunny was training for Alaska! I had planned to introduce myself to him at the top of the Flyer but we got sidetracked by a customer and I didn't see where he went.

The best thing about skiing at the end of April is the Ski World IS INDEED pretty small, making for an empty mountain.

Alas, we probably won't be able to sneak in any more ski days, as it appears that family obligations will interfere with that. Hope you enjoy some more turns!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    What exactly did dipwad rog do to get banned? I missed it. He's such an idiot in here...and I told him that when he sent me a text about getting booted.
    He called those killed in the Tunnel Creek avalanche "sheep" or something to that effect. Of course, with a at the end.

Update on the Closings:

Mont Orford is done for the season as the forecast this week and weekend isn't favorable (their words, not mine).

Le Valinouet, with the new snow, is also opening Friday plus the weekend as previously mentioned.

Nothing new on the other ski areas tentative or confirmed plans for the upcoming weekend.
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/...2013-14-part4/

Road trip Rudeness and MTL_Ripper???
    Ski Mad World

haha, i'm thinking more of a BBQ on Orford !!

Earned-turns and dogs BBQ? lol
    Ski Mad World

That's the spirit!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well