Page 265 of 321 FirstFirst ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I had to google "zardoz" and this is what I found.... James Bond in a Borat costume!!??? Or is it RT3 in his underarmor?

Sad stuff to have to be reminded of and worse when seeing it so blatantly disrespected. Rog may have had a good quality or two, but being smug about surviving an avalanche, then dissing on those who did not, isn't one of them. (Not to mention his constant kunting of threads!)

I'm glad to hear the Huntington Ravine skier is doing okay, in spite of some scary injuries, and hope they fully recover.

Lost it
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^^^ have to add, Big D, you have been cracking me up with quality humor. Keeping vigil over the old spirit of this place. Thanks dude!
    Thx.... doing my best to retain my class(less) clown title (and keep this place free of evil unicorns and rainbows.)
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Honestly who the fuck cares? Rog is a spoiled little rich boy prick and the window into his mind that is the internet tells me everything I need to know about what's going on behind those beady eyes and smug smile of his. Jim Jack alone was 1000x the man Rog could ever even hope to even try and be, yet the little punk bitch has the ego and balls to talk shit about dead men... After he himself caused an avi and somehow survived by sheer dumb luck. If that isn't hubris to the infinite power, I have no idea what is.

So yeah. Fuck Rog. I'd drown Rog in a vat of zardoz to bring back Jim Jack.
    QFT. Maybe the ECRC can return to it's former glory now that Rawj is gone.

DW - Easy, I was simply responding to something that Bottle said, not trying to start a shit storm or defend his regular online douchery (I called him on it more than once), just noting my very limited experience with him outside of the boards, take it or leave it for the penny it's worth. I don't know the back story on what he said involving those that unfortunately lost their lives in the slide, but clearly it was stupid/insensitive enough to get him booted by those that wield the axe around here so I'm sure it had to be beyond out of line for him to get banned from the wild west that is tgr.

Lynchy - You're probably right on that front, hopefully, a bridge I'll never have to cross...with rog or anyone else for that matter.

If anyone really misses his antics they could probably go find him on some other forum. I think this place was pretty toxic for him though. Hopefully the separation is both win-win and permanent.

TC, hope those fuckers get what's coming to them.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Come on kids

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Mondays....

I haven't skied this weekend which is a first since November. My youngest daughter had a show.

TC : Fuck man. Damn vultures.

Huntington & MTWSP : Wow!!! Kudos to all involved. That is fast action.

lynchdogger : hoping the best for your friend. He is lucky. That is just scary.

On the less serious stuff:

Rog : he's definitely a throll online, but never had an issue with him. I meet him a few times...nice guys.

And now for the none serious, but important stuff. Milky the liftserved.

Monday morning "who's left" list. A possible 8 for this weekend. 4 in Quebec and 5 in New England. 3 open daily, 3 maybe for the weekend, 3 looking beyond this weekend.

May Skiing : Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 Part 5
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/...013-14-part-5/

I'm working on my taxes today then driving East. .... and South tomorrow morning. Liftutopia tickets at Kmart (1st time since 2005) and maybe on Wednesday to close off the Fox44 card with an 8 days for $125. (wow, what a great deal).
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

belated top of page.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thanks Lynchy, I was guessing it was his crew. Hope things are looking up today for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Thanks Lynchy, I was guessing it was his crew. Hope things are looking up today for him.
    Negative MIR, CT but pretty serious back injury. Looking at 5-6 months. The man is a brick shit house or would've been worse! An accident like this is why you ski with partners! Gibbs you are the man! He'll be back for full a shred in 14/15! Phew!

BTW, blaming the whole thing on the fact neither one had dried meat for snacks. Let that be a lesson for all!

And manage your sluff!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Thx.... doing my best to retain my class(less) clown title (and keep this place free of evil unicorns and rainbows.)
    I hope to one day have the Photoshopping skills of the master. However in the meantime...

Hahahahahahaah!!!! (evil laugh)
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

5-6 months is tough, but will be back is great.

Sluff is the Rip-Tide of skiing, don't let it get you.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Should I steal the PTT in honor of Rog?

Sluff sucks. Getting swept over a waterfall by it sucks worse. I hope your friend recovers fully and quickly.
    I remember one of the original Meatheads died in Smugglers Notch when swept over a cliff by sluff.
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 04-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Should I steal the PTT in honor of Rog?

Sluff sucks. Getting swept over a waterfall by it sucks worse. I hope your friend recovers fully and quickly.
    I remember one of the original Meatheads died in Smugglers Notch when swept over a cliff by sluff.
    That's why I only ski green circles.

Whoops. Pocket post.

Carry on.

Beautiful views from the top of Stratton this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398723385.081532.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	154778

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398723396.543380.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	154779

Still mostly t2b, if you know the way.

Glad your friend is going to be ok, LD.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
    Killington Tickets Available

I know some of you rag on Killington, and some have been psyched this season and have good reports Well, they got four inches of snow last night to add to an already ton of snow up there!!

Due to some unfortunate circumstances for friends of mine - their season is over and they have some tics available. They are 'direct to the lift' so no need to go to the window. We are here every day and can meet you at the Superstar lift to make the exchange. Price - very negotiable Buckethead and others on here, can vouch for me I'm not a DB

Jonathan, your daughter is adorable - love your reports as well as everyone's shenanigans - well, not Rog's
    Lot happening since my last post - Lynch and TC, sorry for tough news - bumping this as I still have some tics for Killington.
    Pic from today . . .

Name:	NevisKillington42814.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	154780

Lot happening since my last post - Lynch and TC, sorry for tough news - bumping this as I still have some tics for Killington.
    Pic from today . . .

MrsG is good peeps! Thanks much for the tix. Bummer news from LD and TC - sorry to hear about the Huntington accident and extra sorry about unnecessary feces being piled on top of TCs already super shitty situation.

Report from the bullwheel is that Killi was again great today. Once more, with feeling ....

SKIING IS TEH AWESOME

Sorry if I stirred shit with my Rog post - never met the dude, did not always like the internet persona but for whatever reason, I never put him on ignore

Though I will say that his Tunnel Creek post was WAY, WAY, WAY over the line and as a result, he got his deserveds (and yes, it's now a word). Still, he was part of this weird, semi-organic place and for whatever odd reason, I at times liked seeing the pot stirred. Not condoning anything, just saying it's gunna be different moving forward. Here's hoping it's for the better!!!

I am a member of this board because I LOVE to ski. I'd do it every day if that was possible, as I believe would any of you fools reading this. I was simply trying to convey that we ALL from time to time take this message board way too fucking seriously (whether we be the troller or the person being trolled) and somehow forget that it should be ALL ABOUT THE SKIING!

Lucky to have skiing in my life and with a bit o' luck I'll be out there again tomorrow.

End blog/Flame away all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Beautiful views from the top of Stratton this afternoon.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398723385.081532.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	154778

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398723396.543380.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	154779

Still mostly t2b, if you know the way.
    See any bears?

Pic from today . . .

I believe it was MrsG who helped me out with a Killington ticket last year. Good times. Hopefully I'll make it out again this year.

Damn lynchy, glad your buddy is doing ok! That is some big shit, I wish him the best of luck with the back injury- those can be hard. Hell of a job by the SAR studs fo sho!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

^^^ As a frequent back injury aggravator, I hope the gent finds the good days way outnumber the bad ones...it may be a while, but it can happen.

Another vote in praise of the Rangers, MWVSP, the Caretakers and the SAR community around Mt Washington
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

As someone that's had the good fortune of finding out how good those guys are, I'm really glad they are that good. Great people.

Zzz.......
    Last edited by the Cock; 04-29-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    #HughConwayMatters