Page 206 of 321 FirstFirst ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I'm headed up to northern vermont next week.. where are some good places for food and beers around Jay?
    The Tastings, N. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Looking for some advice for Saturday....Fox44 card so considering:

Burke (haven't been there in years, less terrain options than the others?)
    Although it doesn't have the higher end difficulty terrain of the other 3, it does have really good terrain. Right now with everything filled in you would have a lot of fun there. The glades on the east side should still be skiing really well (Dixieland/Caveman/Throbulator/Lees loop, etc). If you are looking for bumps, the best ones will be on Lower Doug's Drop. Followed by Wilderness. Other trails will depend on grooming status for bumps (i.e. East Bowl, The Gap, Little Dipper).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Top of Page Tunes. Going to be a good weekend at Saddleback.

I'm headed up to northern vermont next week.. where are some good places for food and beers around Jay?
    Everytime I've been to Jay the Snowshoe Pub in Monkey Center was a happening place for beers.

Hill Farmstead Brewery is closeish, uber heady long lines but goo brew.. no food.

I dont get up to Jay much but the on resort food/brews are great, have fun!

I always found the food at the belfry to be very good. chill atmosphere as well.

rog

Mad River was good, but crowded this morning. Taking the split out for an evening tour with the roommates. Things are looking pretty good out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VTColdSmoke View Post
    Hill Farmstead Brewery is closeish, uber heady long lines but goo brew.. no food.

I dont get up to Jay much but the on resort food/brews are great, have fun!
    Isn't Greensboro about an hour from Jay? Oh and the Belfry is a good call.

It was a sufferfest getting to the goods but the goods were gotten

Saw some cool skies...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-14-14A.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	152560

Some dropped knees...

Name:	3-14-14B.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	152561

Name:	3-14-14E.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	152562

Some random old dude...

Name:	3-14-14C.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	152563

Name:	3-14-14F.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	152564

And the best skier on the mountain!!!

Name:	3-14-14D.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	152565

Name:	3-14-14G.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	152566

Yesterday did not suck.

(Guise, srsly, the helmet mount is on the way.)
    Last edited by Skrilla Gorilla; 03-14-2014 at 04:06 PM.

clicking on the above link is not recommended if you suffer from video induced vertigo

Interested to hear from others how Burke was skiing yesterday. I'm bound to get shit for this, but Jay skied a lot more like 10" than it did like 20". The wind had some major effects on exposed areas but even the woods on Stateside weren't quite feeling like 2 feet. Still amazing skiing overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Yesterday did not suck.

I think I'm sea sick.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Interested to hear from others how Burke was skiing yesterday. I'm bound to get shit for this, but Jay skied a lot more like 10" than it did like 20". The wind had some major effects on exposed areas but even the woods on Stateside weren't quite feeling like 2 feet. Still amazing skiing overall.
    Truth telling is VERBOTEN here

Would imagine most of the major peaks were windjacked on many aspects but Jay would have seen the worst of it. That's why I stick to the Bunny Hill.

Beta appreciated. Said seriously.

The helmet mount is a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Being a former multi-season mid week passholder at burke/jay, i can count on one hand how many days i went to jay over burke on a pow day. And i was doing 50+ days liftserved those seasons.

Basically if burke has a fresh 6" and jay has a fresh 12", it's burke ftw every time. The woods get tracked out at jay faster than the open trails at burke on a mid week pow day. And burke doesn't have that annoying long flat runout that jay has. Better longer more consistent fall line at burke.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    And burke doesn't have that annoying long flat runout that jay has.
    Unless you are coming back from East Bowl
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Unless you are coming back from East Bowl
    Ya but at least east bowl, the bike trail, and the woods are worth the traverse back

Work=epic today

rog

Burke was the tits yesterday. Skied like 18". The wind only really affected the top and the west side and when you had to move from the lift to wherever you were going. The trees and trails east of the chair had some deep pockets. The snow was not Utah blower, but was deep and cold had some density to it, so staying on the steeper aspects was key. This morning was nice cold bluebird. Some wind last night half filled-in the troughs and the trees. I am beat. I haven't skied this hard in years.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    I need some beta on Smuggs!

PM me some general or specific info please. Been a long time since I've skied there...even had a pass, but worked at Stowe, so barely used it. Don't try to make sense of that statement, because it doesn't make sense.

Looks like my weekend warrior ass will be at smuggs sat and mrg sun.
    Pm coming your way!

Smuggs was, well, the tits today.

Soft bumps a plentiful, hero snow on Lift Line, quite possibly the best chair lift story ever, and shitty country music on the way home. What a day! Stoke meter 10/10!

Last edited by east or bust; 03-14-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Good times FTW!!!!!!

Proud papa today at MRG. TWO families, six kids ages 4-11, and we dove right into the woods off the top of the double and all over. Tinies absolutely slayed the pitch above slalom hill. My 7yo was in full on seek and destroy mode, heading straight into the woods left of slalom, dropping in without hesitation to a steep narrow chute with a must-make tree avoidance and stomping it. No pics, too busy trying to keep up. That day has finally arrived, and I am stoked!

As expected, today was busy. Not only the Friday after a storm, but also ski/ride with the Point day. Full corral in the single, but double line moved pretty quick. Trails tracked out, but lots of sweet snow, and still plenty of untouched in the lesser travelled woods.

ML sighting, sorry I couldn't chat more!
    Last edited by weasel1; 03-14-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

^^ awesome stoke! Am putting myself in search and destroy mode for the next few days!

Weasel crew FTW+...Absolutely nothing better than watching the groms progress in the things we also love/enjoy as parents! Tomorrow will be day #3 on the hill with my shredder this week, and what a killer week it was already.

EOB - Never made it today, had to focus on the real world after ignoring it for the whiteroom yesterday, next time.

Anyone headed to hickory from points south. Looking to ride share . I'm in the Catskills. I have some $20 vouchers