Page 308 of 321 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 8014
    Two months and a week from the scariest rock climbing fall I ever had and I got the green light to ramp it up! Nice to be walking. So fired up for this season! Now to lose that beer gut. Bring it on!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr brownstone View Post
    Anyone see the thingy on yahoo that lists the states with the drivers that are the most rude and those with the least and in between? Out of our zone, nh and maine are the least rude and vt, ny, and mass are the most rude.
    And CT are the dumbest. Why do they drive so fawking slow in the left lane?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Ha ha... I actually own fleece lined Crocs.

DISCLAIMER: My wife bought them and I don't wear them in public.
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Yeah, the words were fine but catching it in "all-time" snow and the best photos you get are of the houses at the shore?
    What do you expect from powder magazine? You have to live your own adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Two months and a week from the scariest rock climbing fall I ever had and I got the green light to ramp it up! Nice to be walking. So fired up for this season! Now to lose that beer gut. Bring it on!
    Stop drinking and start riding! Great to see you back. If you want to ride here you should start climbing [on your bike] now for an October ride.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Doubt you can have much accuracy this far out, but it is nice looking; Saw this on a ski mountain website and posted. Should have looked a bit closer prior to posting. Comes from northeast weather forecasters which they claim themselves to be student meteorologists and enthusiasts. When I posted it they had an explanation involving enso, sun activity and el nino that at least appeared to have some thought put into it. That is now gone from their facebook site. Should have read a bit better prior to posting. Would have just deleted it, but then ML242's post would have no context.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...20?sk=timeline
    Last edited by cat in january; 09-18-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Interstate couilours in the forecast!

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    And CT are the dumbest. Why do they drive so fawking slow in the left lane?
    My theory on that is there are so many effin' "parkways" where the access is limited but the ramps are short (most of them have stop signs rather than merge). When the moron pulls out it grinds the right lane to a halt. This forces everyone to the left. This make everyone always gravitate to the left.

As a Transplant to CT this infuriates me...

This is just a theory...there is no other explainable reason for why they are such "head up their ass morons" except for the "entitled, I'm more important than you" angle...
    Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge...

Interstate couloirs in the forecast!
    Despite all the many ski pictures I've taken of various "real" mountains, that one is probably the best -- so close to the Holyoke Mall, yet so far...
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    My theory on that is there are so many effin' "parkways" where the access is limited but the ramps are short (most of them have stop signs rather than merge). When the moron pulls out it grinds the right lane to a halt. This forces everyone to the left. This make everyone always gravitate to the left.

This is just a theory...there is no other explainable reason for why they are such "head up their ass morons" except for the "entitled, I'm more important than you" angle...
    It always cracks me up how quickly all New Englanders identify CT as the worst offenders by far of blocking the passing lane but it really is just so prevalent. Unavoidable even... I live near Springfield and they had these big fat flashing signs right at the border and for the next few miles reminding them to yield to passing traffic. I'll give you one guess how well it worked.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Despite all the many ski pictures I've taken of various "real" mountains, that one is probably the best -- so close to the Holyoke Mall, yet so far...

If that gets hit without me, I'mma sob uncontrollably into my hands for a good week.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Lucky #7 EC Roll Call 2013-14!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    That was definitely one of the most surreal experiences I've been a part of skiing. It was almost more like an amusement park ride than a planned ski descent - it was so close to the road and it was over and we were back in the car before it even sunk in.

And not to piss in your Cheerios, DW, but that might well have been a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    That was definitely one of the most surreal experiences I've been a part of skiing. It was almost more like an amusement park ride than a planned ski descent - it was so close to the road and it was over and we were back in the car before it even sunk in.

And not to piss in your Cheerios, DW, but that might well have been a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    Even then it looked like there were a lot of sharks lurking.

Lucky #7 EC Roll Call 2013-14!

More chocolate chips than a double chips ahoy cookie.

That was also the maiden and only voyage for that pair of DPS W95's. The next week I took them up to the Dacks and blew up the tip like it was loaded with C4.

Rob - we can take this offline - but how did you like skiing the vulcans with beasts vs. other Dynafits? What did you use, confidence level, etc. I kinda want details so maybe a PM/ email/text makes more sense.

Way to recover lynchy! Just in time!

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post

Its also the number of left hand exits. Parkways only make up 1/4 of the states major highways so thats not it. I absolutely hate people sitting in the left lane but on the merrit/ 5&15 its acceptable.

I honestly hope the staties do something about it but if their speeding enforcement is any indicator( its actually been unoficially raised to 80 where it use to be 65) then assholes in the left lane provail.

And as far as the mt tom coilour goes...well lets just say lets hope for another one of those years.

Interstate couilours in the forecast!

Good on you guys for surviving. I think I'd pass judging by the picture.
    dotswax.com

Anyone have a civic, corolla, yaris, miata or some other gas sipper that rocks 14s? I've got a silly deal on a set of Hankooks IPike on aluminum wheels. The price is way less for you guys.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/4674905621.html

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    More chocolate chips than a double chips ahoy cookie.

That was also the maiden and only voyage for that pair of DPS W95's. The next week I took them up to the Dacks and blew up the tip like it was loaded with C4.

Rob - we can take this offline - but how did you like skiing the vulcans with beasts vs. other Dynafits? What did you use, confidence level, etc. I kinda want details so maybe a PM/ email/text makes more sense.
    Hope you guys decide to lay this out up top here for all to see?!

The picture can't be doing the snow condition any justice. All I'm getting is distrust from this vantage point, with the fifty/fifty blend of rock and crystals everyone else is squawking at.

As to the location... OFS. How nice is it to show this to a local that does not realize that it's there?

DPS <-- very easy to blow up this brand of ski. The base is pretty bullet proof but the layup and top skin are fer shit.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Testing 123 ... Sugarloaf says "Yes we did" !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411124598029.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	158355  

Sunday River fired up!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411127155994.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	158358  
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

30.4` at 5:30 bob, beat last years first frost by 6 weeks.

Still plenty of good riding for the next 2 months,
    Locals only brah

Fun in the backyard trails

Went for a hike up the hill to the top of slide brook then down the other side and back on workroads. The bush has cut back and doubled the width of the slide brook wr and trimmed the ASC cut lines also, gonna be a lot more kooks hitting the sidecountry this winter.

Sunny and bright, up to 37.9` now.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

FKNA awesome!^^^^

Burlington got frosty overnight as well.

26 here in the L'Ville hills this morning. Frosty
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Woot! Let the ice age begin! Snow from September to June. I heard that the snow will never melt in Tucks next summer and we will soon have a glacier in each cirque. At least that's what it says on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Hope you guys decide to lay this out up top here for all to see?!

The picture can't be doing the snow condition any justice. All I'm getting is distrust from this vantage point, with the fifty/fifty blend of rock and crystals everyone else is squawking at.

As to the location... OFS. How nice is it to show this to a local that does not realize that it's there?
    Here's the complete TR:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...72874718252401

I recall some amusing commentary here too, although might have been in a separate Mt Tom thread (which started off about the former lift-served ski area, on the considerably more gentle eastern flank).
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series