Page 278 of 321 FirstFirst ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Nice shots of the young Straw making it look easy, that kid has some mad skillz...ms. straw must be quite the athlete since we know it didn't come from pops!
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Straw Jr. rips. Is that you guys surfing?
    FD is so funny. Ha

Thanks, but I've said this before, my kids don't 'rip'. They can just turn whenever and wherever they have to no matter the terrain, which makes them a good 'safe' ski partner ob. Ripping is different story.

That surf scene is cool...luv the longboard action. Kid had dawn patrol this am before school. It's been good lately, clean off shore and water has warmed a bit so 4/3 is in play. -Rog update BTW he got married up this past wkend! ...so he says anyway...not sure if its a women or not as it was down in MA

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    -Rog update BTW he got married up this past wkend! ...so he says anyway...not sure if its a women or not as it was down in MA
    That made me laugh.

cause sometimes, bluebird ain't bluebird just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Sproing! This pic is making me moist.

yea, great shot!

It really stands in stark contrast to how hideous the forum looks right now.

Anyone thinking NH Sun-Tue-ish?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Was up in the bowl, the day this was filmed, but moved over to other zones by the time things got gnarly

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    yea, great shot!

It really stands in stark contrast to how hideous the forum looks right now.

Anyone thinking NH Sun-Tue-ish?
    I might be up for a White Plate run although I may be doing a road pedal [imagine that] this weekend.

The new format is so crisp, I feel dirty. Is this the end?

I've been listening to just Bluegrass Junction on sat. for the last month. Wish I was going to DelFest this weekend.

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 05-21-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: t-o-p
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That dudes head exploding is gnarly

POTD (courtesy of Drew, with T.C., Phil, and me, L-R):

T.C.:

Drew:

Skinning back up the NE Snowfield skier’s right dog-leg:

Maybe time to go home now:

Or maybe not quite yet:

... especially since we needed an RT3-inspired photo shoot (sure, a 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm might be fine for a *single* gray wolf, but for an entire wolf *pack* better have some more serious armament – and yes, that is real live shotgun ammunition, even though the stethoscope and BP cuff are somewhat less than real):

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    ... especially since we needed an RT3-inspired photo shoot (sure, a 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm might be fine for a *single* gray wolf, but for an entire wolf *pack* better have some more serious armament – and yes, that is real live shotgun ammunition, even though the stethoscope and BP cuff are somewhat less than real):

Classic!

Looks good boys!

Too bad FD sallied out as a single plank would have rounded the group out nicely.

Looks good boys!

Too bad FD sallied out as a single plank would have rounded the group out nicely.

Although FD was sorely missed, amongst others.

My buddy Phil helped make us whole. That is a single plank in front of me in that pic SJ.

Another great day up there with you Jon! Although are you ever really touring with Jon? More like watching him run up and down the mountain while you pant, sweat profusely, and contemplate a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Another great day up there with you Jon! Although are you ever really touring with Jon? More like watching him run up and down the mountain while you pant, sweat profusely, and contemplate a nap.
    Sure, we had a great tour together on Tuesday last week:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...55#post4249355

Well, okay, so "together" we drove to PNVC, then I went up to the summit, wandered around up there, eventually skied down into Tux, then back up Left Gully, lapped a little snowfield up there, hiked over to Hillman's and skied down to the base to find him drinking beer and playing fetch with his dog Rocket, and finally after I took a couple more laps in Hillman's we hiked down together.
    But hey, we all had fun -- especially Rocket!

And here's both Jon H. and Rocket yesterday:

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post

I just burst out laughing at my desk.

God that is so good.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Looks good boys!

Touche old man!

Well done Jonathan! Calling BD and his photoshop hi-jinx, can we get a wolf and a rabbit lurking somewhere in the background please?

I can't speak for Phil since I don't know him, but I have absolutely no place in that group unless one of them is willing to drag my ass up da hill. More than likely they could do a lap and catch me before I got down on my first. Thanks for the heads up TC, but as I told Straw, time to focus on replenishing the finance box so I can slack off next winter.

Saw something this morning mentioning the "possibility" of more snow up high next Wed/Thurs. so I guess there's still a slim chance for me to do some wolf tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Although FD was sorely missed, amongst others.

My buddy Phil helped make us whole. That is a single plank in front of me in that pic SJ.
    I guess I subconsciously didn't notice that board in the pic just to give FD a little luv.

Saw something this morning mentioning the "possibility" of more snow up high next Wed/Thurs. so I guess there's still a slim chance for me to do some wolf tracking.
    Get ur arse up there!

On a personal shitty note...tomorrow is gonna suck as I have to put my dog down. He was diagnosed with cancer and given 3-4 months and here we are 25 months later. We won the battle for longer than expected and I'm truly grateful for that...but it still hurts like hell.

Dude, that SUCKS, so sorry to read this! Marley and I shared an hour I probably will never forget, awesome companion...fucking cancer. Condolences to you and the fam!

^^ sorry to hear about the dog. One more for the archives from yesterday's auto show. TC:

Great peeps, great day. Might be all she wrote for me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I might be up for a White Plate run although I may be doing a road pedal [imagine that] this weekend.

The new format is so crisp, I feel dirty. Is this the end?

I've been listening to just Bluegrass Junction on sat. for the last month. Wish I was going to DelFest this weekend.

I'd be up for an Otto day! Got the grill prepped. This time I'll bring the torch. Brews burgers and corn! Lets do it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Dude, that SUCKS, so sorry to read this! Marley and I shared an hour I probably will never forget, awesome companion...fucking cancer. Condolences to you and the fam!
    Bummer Sean! Tough day kid. Hang in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

... We won the battle for longer than expected and I'm truly grateful for that...but it still hurts like hell.
    Man, that's tough duty. Best wishes.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

nice to see the stoke going strong, and various rt3 related gags from JS. sorry to hear about the dog though SJ.

finally getting around to some pictures from last weekend, maybe i'll finally do a TR for this one!?

SJ, vibes to you and your dog. I've gone through that a few times with the family...it is never easy. Take care man.

Rudeness...you've just in time for some Otto Rhodes action. Ripper and I are looking to heading down...but need a reasonable weather window to cross the border and make the trip. That is Couloir de l'aigle (not 100% sure of the name). How far could you drive up? All the way to the dam?
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Condolences Strawjack. Sucks.

Here's some VT cheer on this funky Saturday:
    Women at the Killi Stage Race
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1400960238.945021.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	155735
    Ascutney from the Okemo fire tower.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1400960270.639498.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	155736
    Last edited by biggins; 05-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Okay, my skiing has slowed down and I don't fish....so I have a bit of time to catch up on some TR writing. Here is a TR from 2 of my last 3 days so far this season...I'm still working on Jay's day in the middle.

The skiing isn't steep like Airplane or Couloir de l'aigle above, but it is super steep in history. Hill 70 predates the invention of the ropetow.

Here is something from the planned last weekend (May 10-11) of skiing at MSS and the actual (May17-19).

First weekend was the schedule end of the season = May 10
    The second weekend was the actual end of the season and last day in the East = May 19

May 10 : Hill 70 West and Nordique trails

Saturday May 10
    Month 104
    Day 78

On this weekend only three ski areas remained open in the East and MSS was again the last in Quebec and amongst the last three open in the East. Jay and MSS had announced that Sunday May 11 was their last day of the season; a season started on October 30 for Mont St-Sauveur. All three ski areas were now on limited operations with Killington open Friday to Sunday while Jay and MSS were only open for the weekend. Actually that isn’t entirely true, MSS had been spinning midweek everyday from 7am to 11am rain and shine for ski race camp on the “MSSI Glacier”. That is the main reason why public skiing in May at MSS only started at 11am the last two weekends.

(Click link below to read more)

Monday May 19
    Day 80
    Last day of liftserved in the East.

I returned for the “Last weekend of the 2013-14 ski season again”. The news came Friday morning that there was too much and the weather was perfect again for an extra weekend; which happened to be a Victoria Day Holiday weekend in Canada. I was happy as I couldn’t get away from Ottawa on this weekend, but I was free to go skiing on Monday. I had hope to make a return trip to Killington this season if they went further into May, but it wasn’t meant to be and I ended up, somewhat surprisingly, returning to MSS for one more time to close out Eastern liftserved ski season.

(...)

Click to read and see more.

Mont St-Sauveur QC : May 10 & 19, 2014 – Last weekend at the beach – redux

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/...e-beach-redux/

May 19 : Lunch on the patio and the bottom of Hill 70

Daughter making her May turns. The only months she's never skied in her lifetime is September and October.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com