Page 247 of 321 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    ^^ Hey D-Roc, VTFH, Cat and company. Were you the ones I chatted with as I skinned out of OG around noon? Told you to hit DB before anybody else did?

I didn't hit a single track on OG/MB, but then again I was skiing where/when everyone else wasn't. Great day for all. Oakes party days are sweet.
    Yea that was us. We did Monroe - > Central Gully , then hiked up did the double barrel, then went opposing side to the Rock chutes and Airplane Gully 2 - essentially had the eastern side to ourselves....how did you make out
    You took too much man, too much, too much

78F now in Ottawa. The warmest day in Ottawa since something like September 20...then back down to a high of 28F and rain/snow (2cm) tomorrow. The ski areas are still covered in snow, but no one is spinning... at least, midweek.

Anyhow, here is my weekly update on what is happening on the liftserved front. 39 ski areas are hoping to open sometime next Easter weekend. 20 of them in Quebec. Maybe just over a dozen are open midweek, about the same amount are looking into possibly going beyond Easter weekend. Stay tuned and get out!!!

Late Easter, Late Spring, Late Skiing – Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 – Part 3
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/...013-14-part-3/
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Yea that was us. We did Monroe - > Central Gully , then hiked up did the double barrel, then went opposing side to the Rock chutes and Airplane Gully 2 - essentially had the eastern side to ourselves....how did you make out
    Wow that's cool! I was kind of in a hurry cause I lost my phone and didn't know what time it was (had to get out), shoulda stayed and chatted more. And hit DB!

I skied a few laps on that far side as well, that's my goto spot in the OG. Thought about Airplane but same issue as DB; ran out of time.

Top of MB was firm but skied well regardless and the rest was soft and nice.....

Crazy warm (hot) out this afternoon. We had a few guys start up before us and they were great rabbits. We summitted in 35 minutes today. The heat seemed to melt out the corn though and the man-made was kind of bumpy for the ski down. Weird.

Word is we are expecting 1-3" tomorrow night.

REPLY TO LIFTLINE:

Found one of your skis. The ski is a loss (majorly delammed) so I took the binding off and sent it on it's final schuss.

PM and I can get you one of your bindings back.

jake

Well that is half good news.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    REPLY TO LIFTLINE:

Found one of your skis. The ski is a loss (majorly delammed) so I took the binding off and sent it on it's final schuss.

PM and I can get you one of your bindings back.

jake
    You unscrewed the binding out on the trail?

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    You unscrewed the binding out on the trail?
    You don't carry a repair kit in the BC?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    You don't carry a repair kit in the BC?
    I sure do, I guess I woulda just lugged the whole rig back. Cool thing to hang on the wall or make something out of. Good story behind it....

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I sure do, I guess I woulda just lugged the whole rig back. Cool thing to hang on the wall or make something out of. Good story behind it....
    Since when is not paying attention and losing your skis down into the abyss a "good" story?
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Since when is not paying attention and losing your skis down into the abyss a "good" story?
    I'll add, Why do I want to lug some jongs trashed ski around all day?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Haha. All very good points. I guess it would feel weird to just leave a ski out in the bc... Kinda like littering, even though you didn't put it there.

I'd rather carry shit out than litter, it isn't Everest or the snow bowl...

But, still a good find by Jake. I'm sure that dude appreciates being half a binder closer to whole.

/kumbaya
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Fuck is it hot up there today. Snow is going to get toasted. 60 already at elevation.
    i wouldn't say "hot". i'd say very comfortable. especially on the crosswindward side of the road.

mildcat skied creamy dreamy today with 48 out of 49 trails and glades open. trails and woods skied very well. surfy. clouds moved in in the afternoon and the snow skied even better. no net gains today as far as the snow pack goes. you could practically see the snow melting it's way down from the ridges on george. fuck is hillmans fat tho. best most bang fer buck run in the prezzies from what i've seen. well it usually is, who's kiddin who? from the ant line on it today i think there were more folks skiing hillmans than there were at mildcat. should last a good long time. specially with temps dropping for days soon.

pic from today standing with a long time ski buddy and mayor of mildcat with melting george in the background

fuck the skiing was good today.

sunday rivah closing free day monday anyone?

rog

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I'd rather carry shit out than litter
    right? at least carry it up and leave it at the top till the road opens and someone could drive it down. or liftline could retrieve it. weird.

rog

Last edited by cat in january; 04-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Happy Birthday to D-Roc! Awesome day skiing with you and the rest of Slay Team 6

Attachment 154134Attachment 154135
    Happy BDay D-Roc! Looks like a sweet day!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Hahaha! Witnessed a "serious" game of gnar going down today in Tucks and Hillmans. Bare ass skiing and all! Too damn funny! All in honor of a bachelor party! A classic!

Thankfully no pics of this^^^

Been awfully nice around here lately. Relaxing on the deck after work with some rye [which is on sale now] is bliss
    Got out last night for a mile or so ride on the mTB, in jeans and hiking boots. Mostly picking sticks and breaking up ice chunks. Downhill home was fun.

Watching the birds ride the thermals

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5537.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	154210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5545.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	154211
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Bulleit Rye is really good
    Neat with a cold ginger ale on the side dreaming of Corn

Headed up to Mt. Washington this weekend, and trying to plan on what to pack. Anyone know if the sherburne is still to the bottom at this point? Likely headed up there with a handful of Magic regulars. Not sure what we're going to ski at this point, but eyeing hillmans or GOS, though up to suggestion.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Headed up to Mt. Washington this weekend, and trying to plan on what to pack. Anyone know if the sherburne is still to the bottom at this point? Likely headed up there with a handful of Magic regulars. Not sure what we're going to ski at this point, but eyeing hillmans or GOS, though up to suggestion.
    Some walking will be required I would think. Can't go wrong with either of your destination choices. Weather for the weekend could be less than desirable.

I'm eying Thursday (if warm enough) or Friday.

Pack a raincoat.

rog

Could be big changes up there by late Wednesday. Hard to say how much will be lost, but it looks like it could move fast.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Bulleit Rye is really good
    Neat with a cold ginger ale on the side dreaming of Corn
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Could be big changes up there by late Wednesday. Hard to say how much will be lost, but it looks like it could move fast.
    Saturday Night and Sunday snow might help.

I just saw some horrific pix from Westside meltouts. Here's hoping that the mid-week chill will effect some stabilizin!

I was going somewhere else, but my Saturday Hall Pass is now aimed at GOS due to wanting half a shot at beating the quagmire nature of its typical meltout, leaving Metro-North at 4:30AM

WU hourly comparison between Summit and Jackson makes GOS look like firm start and probably staying that way but soft on some of the GOSST on the way down. If the Partly-sunny part of the morning forecast holds, softening could be on....it's a risk, but pay to play rules are in effect.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well