Page 189 of 321 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 8014
    i might go south and pummel us beach folk, again

rog

Up to 25.9` now 16` summit, time to wax, yellow?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Up to 25.9` now 16` summit, time to wax, yellow?
    Brazilian.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brazilian.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	152047

My (totally non-scientific, anti-jinxing, curmudgeon) predictions for the storm late next week:

Scenario 1: Storm blows up, dumps 3 feet of snow in CT/MA but there is a sharp cutoff on the north side and NVT gets 2.567” (still more snow than we have received in the last 3 weeks). White Mtns heavily shadow the NEK.
    Probability=40%

Scenario 2: Storm is a cutter and tracks through Ottawa, dumping 3” of hot rain on New England.
    Probability=40%

Scenario 3: The storm barely organizes and produces widespread snow showers in NE that accumulate enough to barely cover the dirty 3 week old snow currently on the ground. Shovels stay in the garage.
    Probability=40%

Any way this plays out, there is a 120% chance the NEK gets screwed as usual.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

^^^oy vey.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    My (totally non-scientific, anti-jinxing, curmudgeon) predictions for the storm late next week:

Scenario 1: Storm blows up, dumps 3 feet of snow in CT/MA but there is a sharp cutoff on the north side and NVT gets 2.567” (still more snow than we have received in the last 3 weeks). White Mtns heavily shadow the NEK.
    Probability=40%

Scenario 2: Storm is a cutter and tracks through Ottawa, dumping 3” of hot rain on New England.
    Probability=40%

Scenario 3: The storm barely organizes and produces widespread snow showers in NE that accumulate enough to barely cover the dirty 3 week old snow currently on the ground. Shovels stay in the garage.
    Probability=40%

HAHA, thanks for the buzzkill, I was texting a few peeps about heading up Tuesday for the big one! Josh Fox is hinting about it, Paging LHutz.......
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Probability=40%

Probability=40%

Probability=40%

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    Ah, the wonders of air travel. In 24 hours I went from the beach bar in Cuba, where I had a final cerveza and pondered the ski potential of those hills in the background...

To meadow skipping in the back yard, where, judging by all the tracks, the wolf family has returned. Hello again, winter!

Likely skiing at Jay Thursday through Saturday this week, hoping this rumour of snow comes true. See you there.
    Every time I fly somewhere like that I think the same thing. It's amazing what a few hr plane ride can do for weather when we are 93 million or whatever miles away from the sun. I know the science, but I still just don't get it.

PSA!

Just a reminder, lest anyone forget and unintentionally buy a ticket at MRG this W/E. Deal with it one way or another, it is NATO Telefest and the lines will be very long.

I admit that the long lines help me get my rest, an unabashed blessing. Other folks may not care to be shuffling in lines...

You have been reminded
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

people still tele?

^^^^only under chairlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    Brief thread hijack: For any mags in the Boston area, I'm thinking of doing a rando race next weekend on Whaleback Mtn, anyone interested in driving out with me early that morning, spitting gas, etc? Send me a PM.

http://www.baxteroutdoors.com/eventpage1.html
    Please don't abuse the term "rando race" (or ski mountaineering race, or skimo) by applying it to this lame joke of an event.
    I'm serious: two ~700' laps at Whaleback?
    And for that you have to pay $38?
    Oh, but you do get a lift ticket for your $38 -- good for that day only, at Whaleback of course.
    Then again, the ticket will come in handy if you want to ski any of Whaleback's semi-decent terrain, since during the race you're allowed to ski only a predominantly beginner route.

Alternatively, you could just wake up at the same time and take a couple laps at Wachusett early in the morning.
    But don't take those laps all the way to the summit, because then you'll be getting in more vertical, and even the lamest route from Wachusett's gentle summit has more interesting skiing than that beginner route at Whaleback. So better stick to just two laps on Ralph's Run off the lower mtn/hill.
    Or along the same drive to Whaleback, stop at Crotched or Ragged instead.

And if you want a real rando race, this weekend Jay Peak is Saturday March 8 and Owl's Head (just across the border) is Sunday March 9. (I don't have any involvement with either race, but the Jay course looks much improved from prior years, and the Owl's Head course looks decent, although it does include one flat traverse to access a backcountry skintrack).

Then for the following weekend, our race is Sunday March 16 at Magic. If this Thursday storm materializes, then the descent route will be Red Line. If not, then Broomstick to Black Line. For the full competitive course, three skin laps on the skinner's left periphery (super fast & efficient), then a final lap up underneath the Red Chair (skinning at first, then of course shifting to a boot pack). Or however many skintrack laps (~1,520' each) you can muster for the shortened course.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    While wearing jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    HAHA, thanks for the buzzkill, I was texting a few peeps about heading up Tuesday for the big one! Josh Fox is hinting about it, Paging LHutz.......
    It's too early to tell. May as well roll some dice.

Jonathan S laying some rando smackdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Please don't abuse the term "rando race" (or ski mountaineering race, or skimo) by applying it to this lame joke of an event.
    I'm serious: two ~700' laps at Whaleback?
    And for that you have to pay $38?
    Oh, but you do get a lift ticket for your $38 -- good for that day only, at Whaleback of course.
    Then again, the ticket will come in handy if you want to ski any of Whaleback's semi-decent terrain, since during the race you're allowed to ski only a predominantly beginner route.
    You realize you sound like a pompous twit, right?

Rondo racing is just great for peeps who like it. Personally I could give a shit how fast and how much vert someone climbs in a day or a week or a yr, but to tool on a beginner event is just lame. Did you come out of the womb a pro?

nice day.

hi

rog

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It's too early to tell. May as well roll some dice.
    Mrs. Moe is already on notice that I'm disappearing next week. Looks like the midatlantic is in the clear tempwise for a snow event. Any mags need a place to crash for a few days, a few beds are available in the Smugg's area.
    Silent....but shredly.

got up to MRG yesterday, ostensibly to pick up my lost-then-found praxis BC (got the clall monday that patrol had dug it up (many props to them for continuing to look after the snows piled up) but it turned out to be one of THE sleeper days of my season.
    trenching fresh groomers? check
    no ice? check
    somewhat hero bumps on chute? check
    cold temps but a bluebird sun that made it feel like the beach? check

but wait there's more!

untracked woods - soft hero pow (possibly mistaken by others for crust and avoided?) CHECK

private mountain with no lines all day? check

and caught up with vt-free after way too long after skiing to cap off a pretty damn perfect day.
    just wishing i was up there for one more today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	152053Click image for larger version. 

Views:	154 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	152054Click image for larger version. 

Views:	111 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	152055
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	100 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	152056  

^MRG SCORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTColdSmoke View Post

Beat after a beauty day today, the crappy footage doesn't do it justice.. amazing bindingless turns in NoVT!
    Great Stoke dude! Here is a few more to help illustrate how amazing the pow conditions are up here right now

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

...so true
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    ^MRG SCORE!!!
    yes, it was like falling in love with MRG all over again

and yes, you have a 14DIN toe being held for you by vt-free.

Damn, bucket! Now I'm thinking I should toss the pow skis in the car for MRG tomorrow and not just the carvers.

I dream of your glade locales TC. Always killer stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Great Stoke dude! Here is a few more to help illustrate how amazing the pow conditions are up here right now

Sick shots as always TC, love the trees up there, lots of character!